Hofstra

Boy that Hofstra win sure doesn’t feel near as good anymore as it initially did. They are currently 0-3 and lost to Hawaii last night. I thought we were beating a solid potential top 25 team, but maybe not. Our NCAA resume is looking worse and worse. We MUST beat Indiana and Mississippi State, but dang that North Texas loss hurts the resume bad. Well let me take that back because beating Miss. State doesn’t really boost the resume. We MUST win the A-10!! Now lets go do it

I know it’s early but North Texas currently has a solid 31 RPI and SOS of 41. They’ve defeated (96) Rice and (85) Tulsa. Charlotte has been aided unexpectedly by North Texas’ RPI and the #36 RPI of Syracuse, jumping from 309 to 230. They will continue to move upward until the UNC Asheville contest, then move up more through December.

Georgia State currently has an RPI of 276, SOS of 280. Their record is 2-2, winning the last 2 games over weak, weak competition.
I College of Charleston 72, Georgia State 66
(16) Georgia Tech 103, Georgia State 74
Georgia State 94, (280) Winston Salem State 87
Georgia State 70, (268) Alabama State 59[/I]

It may turn out that the loss to the Mean Green isn’t as bad a loss and the Hofstra win doesn’t mean so much down the road.

No, I don’t believe it will be quite that way. :wink:

Hofstra isn’t winless…they beat Michigan State the other night(who is ranked).

No Hofstra is 0-3, they didn’t even play Michigan State.

They have lost very 3 close games…

88-82 @ Charlotte
79-77 @ Manhattan
80-79 vs. Hawaii in Great Alaska Shootout

Maryland defeated Michigan State, 62-60.

[QUOTE]Hofstra isn’t winless…they beat Michigan State the other night(who is ranked).[/QUOTE]

Very true, but i don’t think that their 57-53 win over the lady spartans really helps our rpi too much over here on the mens side

:mallet:
[URL=http://msuspartans.cstv.com/sports/w-baskbl/recaps/112206aaa.html]Michigan State Loses Heartbreaker To Hofstra[/URL]

[QUOTE=HP49er;201353]Maryland defeated Michigan State, 62-60.[/QUOTE]

Maryland…Hofstra…same thing.

Some of the psoters on this board can be so anal.

j slash k

Can we move hofstra thread to the damn smack board. Gosh, they need to win and beat somebody.

North Texas will win their conference this year and though we needed a win there I feel down the road the loss will look a little more respectable. We are still in pretty good shape and I feel like we actually have a pretty tough schedule this year. (Houston 3-0, Miss St 2-2 losses to strong teams with winthrop and clemson, Indiana 3-1, Davidson 4-2 again losses to two good teams, Wofford 4-1 with a win over Cincinnati and the loss was a close one at NC State, and then there is the A 10 which is looking very strong this year.) This season is going to be up and down relying on the 3PT shooting of these guys but once they get it going we are going to be a hell of a team to beat.

Hofstra won tonight

[QUOTE=Chisox17;201423]Hofstra won tonight[/QUOTE]

Who did they beat?

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;201424]Who did they beat?[/QUOTE]

Marshall… by three.

No one seems to mention the fact that we play Wofford at home this year, who are 4-1, 26th in RPI, with a 66 in SOS. They almost beat NC State and beat Cincinnati this year.

Daaaaaaammmmmnnnnn! And they beat Cincy at home. Strong!

Sounds like Mic Cronin took a page out of Bobby’s playbook. The Bearcats shot 17 for 32 from the 3PT arc. One kid made 9. Wofford beat them at the FT line at the end however the telling stat was the FT count. Wofford 22-29 and UC 5-8. You don’t get fouled much when you are jacking up threes.

[QUOTE=GtfoMyPorch;201429]No one seems to mention the fact that we play Wofford at home this year, who are 4-1, 26th in RPI, with a 66 in SOS. They almost beat NC State and beat Cincinnati this year.[/QUOTE]
And if you think today’s crowd will be small, wait until that game on December 31. You should get double rewards points for tonight and that day.