Home Renovations

I’m looking to have my kitchen renovated; new cabinets, flooring and counter tops. Does anyone have someone they would recommend? Anyone that I need to avoid?

I know a family who could use your old things.

P.M. me ur number if you plan to tjhrow these things away, they sure would appreciate it. The guy is a dry-wall guy… I’m sure he would do the demo for free if he could keep the stuff.

I’m assuming you live in Charlotte? What area?

DIY

for cabinets- I’m not sure about kitchens but I know they do every other cabinet-type in the house, so probably- try Dream Closets- they do great work

[QUOTE=upperdeck;427257]DIY[/QUOTE]

Based on experience, this method usually winds up costing me more money and taking twice as long. :huh:

[QUOTE=CPA_Niner;427250]I’m looking to have my kitchen renovated; new cabinets, flooring and counter tops. Does anyone have someone they would recommend? Anyone that I need to avoid?[/QUOTE]

Avoid Panda Kitchen & bath like the plague. I didnt use them, but I didnt need to actually make the mistake to see that they sucked.

Most contractors are desperate for work. Home Depot?lowe’s now selling granite for $39/installed, which used to be the discount price. get everything in writing, specifying exactly what they will do (do theyd o demo? Cleanup? Take away? Plumbing? Connect sink?)

I got a helluva deal on my counters, doing floors next. I can PM you my guy, but he’s having problems now. Had to fire one of his main guys.

Big retailers (Lowes, Home Depot, Sears) cost more than your average contractor, but the good thing about them is at least if something goes wrong, you have a multi-billion dollar corporation backing up the warranty and the work.

PMed you with a name and phone number.

Not sure how much you want to spend, but Vasseur Home Designs does amazing work. I’ve seen some of the stuff he does, and it is off the charts. Stand-up guy that has reliable subs.

Might cost a little more than some contractors, but the attention to detail and quality of work are second to none.

Queen City will beat prices on appliances
Fireplace & Granite Distributors Inc beat the lowest of 7 other quotes by $400

I am a DIY, have updated 3 homes in my life.

Thanks for the tips so far. I’m planning on going to the kitchen/bath show this weekend at the old merchandise mart and will get several bids, I just didn’t want to pull a name out of the phone book.

If you want granite, talk to ProLine Kitchens and Baths in Stallings (right off 74) Good people, better prices than anyone I talked to.

when buying granite, be a little cautious. Some granite has been known to emit radon at measurable levels. It doesn’t seem to be particularly common, but still something to look out for and ask about.