HOMERUN DERBY!!

it is the beginning of july and that means its homerun derby time. i was wondering what my fellow niners thought about this years derby. who do you guys think is gonna win???

I myself am going to put my money on ryan howard. the guy can rake and will put many balls in the mccovey cove.

ps. i hope griffey takes over cabrera’s spot since he wont play. then id put my money on griffey (the greatest homerun derby participant ever!!!)

[QUOTE=danecookistheman;247293]it is the beginning of july and that means its homerun derby time. i was wondering what my fellow niners thought about this years derby. who do you guys think is gonna win???

I myself am going to put my money on ryan howard. the guy can rake and will put many balls in the mccovey cove.

ps. i hope griffey takes over cabrera’s spot since he wont play. then id put my money on griffey (the greatest homerun derby participant ever!!!)[/QUOTE]

is fielder in it?

[QUOTE=dax;247295]is fielder in it?[/QUOTE]

Yes…

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/chronicle/archive/2007/07/09/SPGQ3QT6HS1.DTL

Wham a homer, wham another homer, wham, wham, wham!
I remember the Bugs Bunny baseball cartoon, where he talked about his HR prowess.

Are they allowed to juice up between pitches?

I used to love watching the derby, but Chris Berman has made me sick of it. I may watch some, because Fielder and Howard are so much fun to watch, but I will probably have to mute it because of Berman.

[QUOTE=Chisox17;247317]I used to love watching the derby, but Chris Berman has made me sick of it. I may watch some, because Fielder and Howard are so much fun to watch, but I will probably have to mute it because of Berman.[/QUOTE]

Yep, the first coupe of hitters are fun to watch but then it gets boring and Berman doesn’t add much. I usually have it on in the background while I’m doing something else.

I used to enjoy playing the “Home Run Derby” mode on Sega Genisis in the game “Ken Griffey Jr Baseball”

fielder is going to have the best first round. he is hitting homeruns like they are out of style.

I’ve always been a huge fan of the Home Run Derby. One of my favorite baseball related things.

tape it, & fast forward through the standing around parts to cut out the BS.

I used to love watching the derby, but Chris Berman has made me sick of it. I may watch some, because Fielder and Howard are so much fun to watch, but I will probably have to mute it because of Berman.

are you kidding?? chris berman is the man, he is one of the best sport anchors in the bizzz. all the clever nicknames and funny catch phrases.

you need to go back back back back back and rethink your thoughts

are you kidding?? chris berman is the man, he is one of the best sport anchors in the bizzz. all the clever nicknames and funny catch phrases.

so, should we be expecting to see you change your name to chrisbermanistheman?

His nicknames can be clever at times, but they used to be WAYY better than they are now. He stretches them way to far now, and they end up being more stupid than clever. But mainly I just cant stand hearing him do his back back back back thing EVERY freaking time the ball is hit. Does he really have to do it EVERY time??

His nicknames can be clever at times, but they used to be WAYY better than they are now. He stretches them way to far now, and they end up being more stupid than clever. But mainly I just cant stand hearing him do his back back back back thing EVERY freaking time the ball is hit. Does he really have to do it EVERY time??

true every time is a lil bit too much, but i still enjoy it. i aslo think kenny mayne being out in the mccovey cove will be funny to watch too. so im pretty excited bout it

watched some of the old ones on ESPN classic today…funny to watch these guys you know were on roids back then. Guys like Brady Anderson in '96. The then and now of Bonds. The sweet swing of Seattle Griffey.

I will watch tonight just to see Kenny Mayne in the cove. Kenny is w/o a doubt my favorite personality on ESPN. I question his sports knowledge but hes not on tv to spew out facts. I love that he does horse racing too.

Best nickname was given by Craig Kilborn… Pooh pooh kachoo… Pooh Richardson.

Vlad the Impaler!