Hood Leaving

Heading to UK to coach Lbs. Big loss for us

http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop/

This is not surprising. Right after we hired him last year he almost left for a position at Kentucky a couple weeks later. The guy wasn’t really interested in being here.

That sucks, but wish him the best at UK.

Usually a good thing when you have coaches getting snagged by P5 schools, best of luck to Coach Hood.

At least this happened after signing day. Let’s see who we bring in.

Positive: at least this came out after signing day. Jalen Allen and 1-2 other guys had connections with Hood.

Bad: now Lambert has to start a gofundme account to gather funds to encourage someone, in the middle of February, to leave where they are and sign on at Charlotte.

[quote="_BL_Niner, post:2, topic:30806"]This is not surprising. Right after we hired him last year he almost left for a position at Kentucky a couple weeks later. The guy wasn’t really interested in being here.[/quote]P5 $$$. Would you turn that down in his position?

[quote=“Crusader, post:6, topic:30806”]Positive: at least this came out after signing day. Jalen Allen and 1-2 other guys had connections with Hood.

Bad: now Lambert has to start a gofundme account to gather funds to encourage someone, in the middle of February, to leave where they are and sign on at Charlotte.[/quote]Nah, this is now the coaching carousel for fball assistants.

This is where donations and solid fundraising come in, we could actually pay to some keep coaches and have some YOY consistency.

Lambert did his former supervisor a solid by getting him a job and Hood did a solid by sticking through the first offer from UK last year and staying here through signing day this year. I have no issue with this at all, and wish him good luck.

All the best, Coach Hood.

This is my thinking as well. He did us a favor by staying on through signing day, that’s why the timing of this makes perfect sense to me.

I would look to hire a successful local high school coach (piedmont nc/upper sc) who knows the LB position…

+1. I think he’s an excellent hire for Kentucky and wish him nothing but the best.

[quote=“49RFootballNow, post:10, topic:30806”]s
Lambert did his former supervisor a solid by getting him a job and Hood did a solid by sticking through the first offer from UK last year and staying here through signing day this year. I have no issue with this at all, and wish him good luck.[/quote]

Not surprised by this… he was a class act that enriched our staff with his experience as a winning head coach. He’ll be missed but coach will find a good up and comer to fill his slot…

Hood was TE/Special Teams coach, not LBs.

clt says we should ask dan Morgan to coach our lbs

For some reason I thought Lambert did Special Teams

For some reason I thought Lambert did Special Teams[/quote]
No one does special teams by the look of it on the field.

For some reason I thought Lambert did Special Teams[/quote]
No one does special teams by the look of it on the field.[/quote]
You can say that again…