Houston Game Notes

Charlotte49ers.com: GAME NOTES: Charlotte Hosts Houston

Big Numbers:
999 - Career points for Curtis Withers (19th all-time for the 49ers) 906 - Career points for Eddie Basden (25th all-time for the 49ers) 307 - Career three-pointers from Brendan Plavich (173 @ Cha.; 134 @ Vandy) 231 - Career steals for Eddie Basden (T1st all-time in C-USA; 2nd all-time for 49ers) 76 - Single-season threes for Plavich, this year (1st in C-USA; 1st in NCAA) 60 - Single-season steals for Basden, this year (1st in C-USA; 4th in NCAA)

UHCougars.com: Houston travels to Charlotte and Southern Miss

Houston Chronicle: Smith is getting the point at guard for Cougars

Charlotte Observer: “What? You’re telling me there’s another game beside Dook-Chapel Hole?! Imagine that!”

GO NINERS! BEAT THE COUGARS!!!

Just wanted to point out that during tonight’s game…

the first steal garnered by Eddie “Pickpocket” Basden will set the Conference USA record at 232

and

the first point(s) scored by Curtis Withers will give him 1,000 as a Niner.

BTW, while I’m happy that Houston picked up the program’s 1,000th victory against Memphis, I don’t want to see the Coogs get number 1,001 in Charlotte!

GO NINERS!!! BEAT HOUSTON!

Boogie? B)

Eddie is 5 back from the school record (231 to 236). He at least ties it tonight if not breaks it. Eddie owes Niner Nation 2 extra steals from the Cincy game. He told Pb he was going to get 6, but “only” got 4.

I talked to Eddie today, he told me he plans on breaking the record tonight.

He also told me that he had 6 in the Cincy game, but that 2 of them went out of bounds.

For what its worth matt dougherty said eddie will be a very good nba player. Said Bobby is a great coach and would not be suprised if he was wanted by other teams.