How about some love for EJ's "D"

EJ has been criticized for his defense throughout the season, but I thought he did a great job on Greer tonight, and he was matched up with him for a good deal of time.

EJ might be stealing Iti’s starting spot very soon…good game by EJ.

He’s not a world beater, but he has jumped leaps and bounds since the first month or so of his DI career.

Not a true center, but who in college hoops has one?

He took a h*ll of a charge tonight along the baseline but did not get the call. When he plays the 5 we are a very hard team to match up against on the offensive end.

[i]Originally posted by TheShowDawg[/i]@Feb 17 2005, 12:01 AM [b] He took a h*ll of a charge tonight along the baseline but did not get the call. When he plays the 5 we are a very hard team to match up against on the offensive end. [/b]
I thought Nance took 2 of them, one in the first, and one in the 2nd... both of which were called against him which looked like bad calls. That guy has some moxie (the 2nd of which he hit the deck HARD). But like it was said in another thread... those refs... boy... they need a new night job.

While it wasn’t a charge… Baldwin’s transition D effort vs Greer late in the 2nd, where he made Greer stop and pull up, which he missed, I thought was great for the lil guy.

EJ did step up and play some great D along side Withers down low. Had each of their big guys in foul trouble (with Greer fouling out). And kept both players relatively in check the whole game. As a whole, our best defensive effort of the year, IMO.

EJ is about 10 times better than he was at the start of the year. He still has a long way to go, but I feel like he’ll develop into the player we need him to be by the end of next year.

[b]He took a h*ll of a charge tonight along the baseline but did not get the call. When he plays the 5 we are a very hard team to match up against on the offensive end.[/b]

That play bothered me a lot. Not that he didn’t get the charge, but that he got whistled for the block. That should have been a no-call due to his positioning so close to the rim. The refs certainly weren’t out to get us, but their calls were… odd.

EJ’s coming along nicely. He’s a mismatch nightmare for defenses.

[b]He took a h*ll of a charge tonight along the baseline but did not get the call. When he plays the 5 we are a very hard team to match up against on the offensive end.[/b]

That play bothered me a lot. Not that he didn’t get the charge, but that he got whistled for the block. That should have been a no-call due to his positioning so close to the rim. The refs certainly weren’t out to get us, but their calls were… odd.

EJ’s coming along nicely. He’s a mismatch nightmare for defenses.