How About Some Positive Charlotte Basketball Talk...

This board has been getting pretty depressing so time for some uplifting chat…

Has anyone else been watching the Bobcats lately? This team is finally a legit basketball team. I went to the Memphis and Phx game last week and watched the Lakers game last night. Lutz needs to look no further than TW Arena to see how to coach up a team. Brown has these guys playing good defense and team offense. I feel like I’m watching a college game when I see the way they share the ball on offense.

Just wanted to get some positive basketball talk going on here. Anybody with me?

Agreed, they are playing just as well as any other team in the league right now. The Diaw and Bell move is probably the best decision the franchise has made.

I am impressed as well with their recent play (except for the spurs game)

I heard Wallace hurt his ribs and had a collasped lung…that true???

They are definitely playing better ball lately.

If anybody ever wants to take me to a game, I might be able to become a fan.

Till then, I’ll watch when the Celtics play the Lakers and some of the NBA playoffs

You can just go and get cheap tix from scalpers. On a weeknight you can get a $10 (maybe less from a scalper) ticket and sit just about anywhere. On the weekend you can get a lower level for as cheap as $30 sometimes from those guys. Definitely worth the money…until you get inside and try and buy a beer for 8.50.

If anybody ever wants to take me to a game, I might be able to become a fan.

Till then, I’ll watch when the Celtics play the Lakers and some of the NBA playoffs

You can get the Hooters deal pack. Pay $35 for lower level behind the basket tickets and get a $25 Hooters gift certificate for each ticket you buy.

Can’t beat that deal…well maybe the Ruth’s Chris deal, but that is more money.

As for Larry Brown, he changed how the NBA played with how he coached the Pistons to the championship. He was the first to really adapt to the rule changes with regards to the zone defenses now allowed. He incorporates more ball movement and if you watch the best teams in the league play, they all move the ball around well.

Kinda like the Charlotte49ers…huh?

Lady Cats ftw… and yes there MUCH better looking than your precious Top Cats

Last night’s double overtime win vs. the Lakers was a clinic on how to get around a good shot-blocker (when did Bynum become such a beast?) by making quick entry passes in the paint and taking shots under and around him instead of directly over him. That was a really well-played game (except for the 1-8 free throws that should’ve iced the game in regulation).

Raja played Kobe as well as someone of his size could play him; there’s nothing he can do to keep him from rising over him and scoring off the jump shot, but Kobe didn’t ever get the chance to drive and create and that’s what the Bobcats wanted. If he gets hot, there’s nothing you can do. I was impressed that Larry didn’t panic and go with the obligatory “you’re hot, I have to double” defense and just stuck with his guns. Watching teams fall into that trap (Kobe can still score against most doubles and is a great passer) is usually a death knell for teams because the Lakers are stacked offensively and can pick you apart. All around solid win.

12-10 since the trade which includes a 5-5 road record.

This franchise is making strides. Only 1.5 games out of the playoffs. We need to finish this roadtrip at least 2-3 or 3-2. We have games @ Portland, @ Denver and @ Utah left, all very tough places to play but then we come home for 3 out of 4 including games against the Clippers and the Wizards.

Don’t be surprised if we lose by double digits tonight. We likely won’t have Crash (Gerald) and the guys must be exhausted after that amazing win last night.

[B]Raja played Kobe as well as someone of his size could play him[/B];

Raja has always been a great defender, possibly one of the best defending shooting guards in the league (along side bruce bowen of course). Him and kobe also have a little history, that playoff game a few years back where he clothes lined him. Good to see that both of them are over that and at least pretend to not have bad blood against each other.

And that trade really helped us out because we not only got some good talent, but we were able to unload a pretty big contract and free up some cap space.

12-10 since the trade which includes a 5-5 road record.

This franchise is making strides. Only 1.5 games out of the playoffs. We need to finish this roadtrip at least 2-3 or 3-2. We have games @ Portland, @ Denver and @ Utah left, all very tough places to play but then we come home for 3 out of 4 including games against the Clippers and the Wizards.

Don’t be surprised if we lose by double digits tonight. We likely won’t have Crash (Gerald) and the guys must be exhausted after that amazing win last night.

Not to mention that Portland won’t be taking us lightly after that last game between us (and Oden will be looking for revenge after he got posterized by Emeka).

Raja has always been a great defender, possibly one of the best defending shooting guards in the league (along side bruce bowen of course). Him and kobe also have a little history, that playoff game a few years back where he clothes lined him. Good to see that both of them are over that and at least pretend to not have bad blood against each other.

And that trade really helped us out because we not only got some good talent, but we were able to unload a pretty big contract and free up some cap space.

As a sort-of Suns fan, I can honestly say that Raja was my favorite player of the last 3 years that wasn’t on our team. I was so happy when we got him. I don’t mind if he and Kobe keep jawing at each other (although Kobe didn’t look like he was really getting into it last night), as long as nothing bad happens. There were enough flagrant fouls in the game anyway. Not only did Bynum take Wallace out with that elbow, Trevor Ariza got coldcocked on a screen and got a concussion, and of course you have Adam Morrison trying futilely to keep Gasol (who had a miserable night otherwise) from dunking.

As a sort-of Sunsa fan, I can honestly say that Raja was my favorite player of the last 3 years that wasn't on our team. I was so happy when we got him. I don't mind if he and Kobe keep jawing at each other (although Kobe didn't look like he was really getting into it last night), as long as nothing bad happens. There were enough flagrant fouls in the game anyway. Not only did Bynum take Wallace out with that elbow, Trevor Ariza got coldcocked on a screen and got a concussion, and of course you have [B]Adam Morrisson trying futilely to keep Gasol (who had a miserable night otherwise) from dunking.[/B]

Adam Morrison couldn’t keep me from tearing through a wet paper bag.

And i have really been a fan of Raja Bell, plus he has a really cool name.

[QUOTE=jjc2004;380467]You can just go and get cheap tix from scalpers. On a weeknight you can get a $10 (maybe less from a scalper) ticket and sit just about anywhere. On the weekend you can get a lower level for as cheap as $30 sometimes from those guys. Definitely worth the money…until you get inside and try and buy a beer for 8.50.[/QUOTE]

Or you can just get the 5 dollar tickets from Ticketmaster, and move down, that is what I do.

[QUOTE=moss2k;380455]I heard Wallace hurt his ribs and had a collasped lung…that true???

They are definitely playing better ball lately.[/QUOTE]

yep it is true

http://blogs.charlotte.com/inside_the_nba/2009/01/wallace-has-collapsed-lung-broken-rib.html

Many thanks to the Staples Center for booing a player with a collapsed lung and broken rib after getting a flagrant elbow and landing awkwardly. Classy

I don’t think we should recgonize that the Bobcats exist until MJ comes to more than 10 games & Bob Johnson comes to more than 0.
As much as people fell out with Shinn, he was there 41 home games a year.

[QUOTE=ninerball49;380669]Many thanks to the Staples Center for booing a player with a collapsed lung and broken rib after getting a flagrant elbow and landing awkwardly. Classy[/QUOTE]

I’m pretty sure they were booing the call, because it took the officials a minute to call it a flagrant.