How are they doing this

Central Florida is building a 45,000 seat stadium and about to build a 10,000 seat basketball arena.

Where are they getting all this money from, does the state of Florida fund university atheltics? I mean, up till a few years ago I didn’t know there was a UCF.

What ever they’re doing, we need to copy it!

http://ucfathletics.cstv.com/

UCF has over 45,000 students. They also receive a lot of support for their athletic programs from the state of Florida.

[QUOTE=upstate49er;198771]UCF has over 45,000 students. They also receive a lot of support for their athletic programs from the state of Florida.[/QUOTE]

I had no idea they were that big. The state funding thing must be nice.

They are also building a med school and a new medical complex.

My niece just graduated from UCF in the spring. She was also accepted to U Florida and chapel hill (which is where her mom went).

I in Orlando last week. There is a MAJOR difference in attitude toward UCF from the state, their university system, and the “locals” when compared to UNCC. They receive a great deal of respect from the hometown media as well as graduates and fans of UF and FSU.

Thats another thing, UNCC has no law school, no med school… Our graduates just don’t make as much money as other school’s graduates with such schools. How can our alum support our athletic dept. without ideal opportunity to strike it rich at uncc?

Thats another thing, UNCC has no law school, no med school... Our graduates just don't make as much money as other school's graduates with such schools. How can our alum support our athletic dept. without ideal opportunity to strike it rich at uncc?

You mean that people who get their MBA at our new 50 million dollar building uptown, who went to different 4 year school and will have virtually no tie to the University’s main campus and only chose UNC Charlotte because of a good location MBA, don’t donate to the school?

why that’s crazy talk!

[sarcasm off]

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;198819] My niece just graduated from UCF in the spring. She was also accepted to U Florida and chapel hill (which is where her mom went). [QUOTE]

Over40. Does this mean your sister went to Chapel Hill? If she did I can not help but get a good chuckle out of that. Does she subscribe to the Charlotte Observer?

Just kidding with ya.

[QUOTE=TheShowDawg;198874][QUOTE=Over40NINER;198819]
Over40. Does this mean your sister went to Chapel Hill? If she did I can not help but get a good chuckle out of that. Does she subscribe to the Charlotte Observer?

Just kidding with ya.[/QUOTE]

Chuckle away. That’s where she went (I was accepted there too but saw the light). I wasn’t going to forgive her but then she asked me to take her and her girlfriends to school a few times. It was awful helping them carry their stuff through those dorms, but someone had to do it. :smile:

BTW, she cannot stand their athletic programs because of all the hype they wanted the students in her field the provide for them once they graduated. Imagine that.