"How Long Has This Been Going On"

Somehow I can’t keep this song out of my head.
How long has this been goin’ on?

Well, your friends with their fancy persuasions
Won’t admit that it’s part of a scheme,
But I can’t help but have my suspicions
’Cause I ain’t quite as dumb as I seem.

And you said you were never intendin’
To break up our scene in this way,
But there ain’t any use in pretendin’,
It could happen to us any day.

(Musical interlude)

Oh, your friends with their fancy persuasions
Won’t admit that it’s part of a scheme,
But I can’t help but have my suspicions
’Cause I ain’t quite as dumb as I seem.

And you say you were never intendin’
To break up our scene in this way,
But there ain’t any use in pretendin’,
It could happen to us any day.

So how long has this been goin’ on?
How long - how long has this been goin’ on?

You’re showing your age, but I like it.

ACE How long 1974

Love it! The classic theme song for this coaching search fiasco.

piece of trivia…the lead singer wrote this song when he discovered his drummer had been moonlighting in another band and planned to leave.

[quote=“49erDrummer, post:5, topic:22989”]piece of trivia…the lead singer wrote this song when he discovered his drummer had been moonlighting in another band and planned to leave.[/quote]that’s interesting. i always thought it was about a girl. 49erdrummer. when were you a drummer in our band?

Drummer, the Wiki page for this song claims it was the bassist “cheating” on the band!

How Long?” is a 1975 song by the British group Ace from their album Five-A-Side. It reached number three in the Canadian and U.S. charts. While the song seems to be a story of a love affair gone bad, lead singer Paul Carrack confirmed that he composed the song upon discovering that bassist Terry Comer had been secretly working with other bands.[sup][1][/sup] Comer returned to Ace in time to play on this song.[sup][1][/sup]

Wikipedia.org: How Long?

BTW, have always liked Paul Carrack, whose career has included stints with Ace, Mike + The Mechanics, Roxy Music, and Squeeze, in addition to his solo and session work.

Songs like this kill me.

I have had Sundown by Gordon Lightfoot in my head for about a week. It is driving me insane.

Are you a UNCW fan? Because ours has not reached “fiasco” yet. It is funny how our fan base doesn’t go through a coach search for 12 years and we expect a coach to be hired within 2 weeks.