How the Hell..............

:weep: :sad: :angry: <_< :huh: :ticked: :ponder:

Defense or lack thereof

Easy, we donā€™t play solid D. Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s a lack of having enough athletes, poor defensive coaching, or lack of mental focus, but I canā€™t think of one Charlotte team that has really been great on the defensive end. Defense is the difference between being very good and great in college b-ball.

Itā€™s simple. Teams like UL are too quick for us. We dontā€™ have the defensive quickness. Doesnā€™t mean that itā€™s the end of the world but itsā€™ the truth.

I suck outloud, but I can hit open jumpers.

Iā€™m sure Bobby will have the lads run through a spirited workout tomorrow.

Our perimeter defense is our biggest weakness and they could not f****** miss. There arenā€™t many teams who would have beat the Cards tonight.

[b] Our perimeter defense is our biggest weakness and they could not f****** miss[/b]

It doesnā€™t help when we decided to play zone most of the game, I think they teach you in middle school that if a team shoots good beyond the arc you donā€™t play zoneā€¦

[i]Originally posted by EE9er[/i]@Mar 3 2005, 10:13 PM [b]
[b] Our perimeter defense is our biggest weakness and they could not f****** miss[/b]

It doesnā€™t help when we decided to play zone most of the game, I think they teach you in middle school that if a team shoots good beyond the arc you donā€™t play zoneā€¦ [/b]

When we went to man they just blew by us.

Two points is less than 3.

[i]Originally posted by EE9er[/i]@Mar 3 2005, 10:16 PM [b] Two points is less than 3. [/b]
How many times tonight did we go to man and they blew by us, hit the shot and got the foul call. They are quicker and more talented they we are. Simple! Doesn't mean that we are bad. Just means that we aren't as good as they are. When a team like that plays up to their talent level and we have our team MVP not do $hit, you get what we got tonight. A butt kicking. We will rebound to beat South Florida. That's pretty clear. COnference tournament will either make or break our seeding.

So I guess that means you pick your poisen, but when a team is shooting 60 percent Iā€™m going to stop giving them three point shots and take my chances with them driving in on Eddie and Curt. And we arenā€™t as good as they were TONIGHT.

they played greatā€¦that should have been a 40 point loss. We were never in that thing after the 4 ftā€™s before the half. Hats off to Louisville cause that was impressive.

[i]Originally posted by EE9er[/i]@Mar 3 2005, 10:23 PM [b] So I guess that means you pick your poisen, but when a team is shooting 60 percent I'm going to stop giving them three point shots and take my chances with them driving in on Eddie and Curt. And we aren't as good as they were TONIGHT. [/b]
EE I agree with you but I fear if we had done that Curtis would have been fouled out in the first half.
[b]Curtis would have been fouled out in the first half.[/b]

Could happen, but we have Itiā€™s 5 fouls (which we should use) and Nanceā€™s 5 fouls, the frustrating thing is when your getting lit up you need to ADJUST and it pissed me off that lutz never did, if he wanted to play zone he should have played 3-2 and let them take the shots inside instead of them making 3ā€™s everytime they come down the court and end the game in the beginning of the second half.

[i]Originally posted by EE9er[/i]@Mar 3 2005, 10:31 PM [b]
[b]Curtis would have been fouled out in the first half.[/b]

Could happen, but we have Itiā€™s 5 fouls (which we should use) and Nanceā€™s 5 fouls, the frustrating thing is when your getting lit up you need to ADJUST and it pissed me off that lutz never did, if he wanted to play zone he should have played 3-2 and let them take the shots inside instead of them making 3ā€™s everytime they come down the court and end the game in the beginning of the second half. [/b]

Iti used his 5 fouls lol.

Give credit where credit is due. The Cards played a hell of a game. They were energetic, crisp and shot the lights out. We could not match their intensity and Eddie just never found his rythm.

We did not lose the game as much as they won it. I hope to play them again next week and see what happens.

[b]they played great...that should have been a 40 point loss.[/b]

Exactly what I was thinking, that we could have easily been beaten by 30. Plavich kept it from getting completely out of hand.

When a team has three very legit three-point shooters in the lineup at once, they are very hard to guard. Every one of them can drive as well. When you can spread the defense out like that you are going to get open looks. They hit them. Tip your hat and get ready to play on Saturday. The only thing I can think of to try to stop them tonight was over extend on the perimeter and try to make Myles beat you one-on-one. We dropped down to guard him nearly every time, and he just kicked it back out for the open three. You canā€™t double down against UL. They will make you pay.

[i]Originally posted by switchfoot[/i]@Mar 3 2005, 09:10 PM [b] It's simple. Teams like UL are too quick for us. We dont' have the defensive quickness. Doesn't mean that it's the end of the world but its' the truth. [/b]
BS The same two teams played last year and Charlotte was to quick for Louisville. Louisville played maybe their best game of the season, and Charlotte's shots wouldn't fall. This was a hell of a way to ruin my beer buzz, but the season still goes on.

Some positivesā€¦

1. A whippin can make a team hungry
  2. Beat USF, and the 9ers are still ranked.
  3. A chance to beat the @$%^@$^ out of Memphis on their home court.
  4. Sliding back under the radar a bit is where the 9ers thrive
  5. Alexander Kuhl was @ Picassoā€™s University!
  6. Iā€™m still a sexy, striking male who will be decked out in green tonight in search of sympathy strange.
  7. Go to hell Memphis