How's the weather down there?

Can’t wait to come for a visit this weekend. I’m going to have one night in Charlotte before I watch the Bearcats do their thing to the Forty-Niners one more time and I was wondering if I anyone could recommend a place for some good partying.

I’m not sure where my ticket will be yet but I can’t wait to see a game at Halton. I hear it gets loud… :cuss:

Weather is a bit iffy Wednesday PM and Thursday, should be great for the weekend.

Friday - Mostly cloudy and breezy, High 40°, Low 34°
Saturday - Mostly sunny, High 52°, Low 38°
Sunday - Sunny to partly cloudy, High 53°, Low 41°

Picasso’s is the place to be, before/after the game and close by. Check your PMs.

the absolute best place to warch a game is mythos uptown. it has a great beer selection and the game is always on. just ask the cabbie to take you to mythos.

[i]Originally posted by cltniners[/i]@Feb 1 2005, 10:51 AM [b] the absolute best place to warch a game is mythos uptown. it has a great beer selection and the game is always on. just ask the cabbie to take you to mythos. [/b]
:lmao:
[i]Originally posted by NINERcowbellplayer+Feb 1 2005, 10:57 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (NINERcowbellplayer @ Feb 1 2005, 10:57 AM)

Actually, Mythos closed down but might I recommend The Eagle over by S. Blvd. at Woodlawn? Great atmosphere, food, drink specials. I think you’d be very happy there for some pregame festivities. :stuck_out_tongue:

[i]Originally posted by cltniners[/i]@Feb 1 2005, 10:51 AM [b] the absolute best place to warch a game is mythos uptown. it has a great beer selection and the game is always on. just ask the cabbie to take you to mythos. [/b]
Clt, you need to put Fanatical in touch with Tonya Jameson at the Charlotte Observer. Now, that's one gal who knows how to party!!! (And she gets paid to do it too!) :rolleyes: :P
[i]Originally posted by Fanatical[/i]@Feb 1 2005, 10:38 AM [b] Can't wait to come for a visit this weekend. I'm going to have one night in Charlotte before I watch the Bearcats do their thing to the Forty-Niners one more time and I was wondering if I anyone could recommend a place for some good partying.

I’m not sure where my ticket will be yet but I can’t wait to see a game at Halton. I hear it gets loud… :cuss: [/b]

A little story for you fanatical. My dad is a Cinci alum (back in the Big O days). He sat with me in the season ticket section about 6 years ago. He lasted about 5 minutes…and then moved over with the Cinci people in the endzone. He hasn’t returned to a game since. It gets crazy if we’re playing well. :ph34r: :hammer:

[i]Originally posted by jcl49er[/i]@Feb 1 2005, 11:16 AM [b] Actually, Mythos closed down but might I recommend The Eagle over by S. Blvd. at Woodlawn? Great atmosphere, food, drink specials. I think you'd be very happy there for some pregame festivities. :P [/b]
JCL first marry John, now this? I'm a little worried about you. :P

I’ll have a beer waiting for you to cry in after the game, Fanatical. I’m sure I owe you some heckling.

Are you bringing anyone with you? BR and Catswin took the smart way out in not coming, it’s tough driving to watch your team lose.

Why is it necessary to treat the opposition poorly?

[i]Originally posted by Mike_Persinger[/i]@Feb 1 2005, 12:07 PM [b] Why is it necessary to treat the opposition poorly? [/b]
That's how the Niners roll, it's all in good fun. HP49er sent him a PM with all the info. this guy needed. Picassos is the right answer......next!
[i]Originally posted by Mike_Persinger[/i]@Feb 1 2005, 12:07 PM [b] Why is it necessary to treat the opposition poorly? [/b]
Why don't you ask the Cincy fans that are coming how they are treated after they leave?

Besides, I would imagine it is just a part of being in basketball country. Every school in the area has fans that throw trash on the court, spit trash from their mouths, etc. I’m just glad our fans aren’t as bad as some fans in the area.

[b]Actually, Mythos closed down but might I recommend The Eagle over by S. Blvd. at Woodlawn? Great atmosphere, food, drink specials. I think you'd be very happy there for some pregame festivities. :P[/b]
Ask for builder, he loves out-of-towners!
[b]Why is it necessary to treat the opposition poorly?[/b]
They're taken care of Mike, we wouldn't do that seriously. The humor was obvious. We have a good relationship overall with Bearkitty fans.
I would expect nothing less As long as they're throwing only words I shouldn't have too much of a problem.

I’m travelling on some bus trip and I’m not sure how much freedom I’m going to have. I’m going to try my best to make it to picasso’s. I’ll be the guy in red.

I thought I heard something about it being a bobblehead night?

Yes, it’s Diego bobblehead night. Please make sure someone in your crew forwards theirs to Kenyon Martin.

Steve Logan would want one even more.

Picasso’s is right near the University.

[i]Originally posted by Fanatical[/i]@Feb 1 2005, 12:22 PM [b]

I’m travelling on some bus trip and I’m not sure how much freedom I’m going to have. I’m going to try my best to make it to picasso’s. I’ll be the guy in red.

I thought I heard something about it being a bobblehead night?[/b]

make it to picasso’s pal; you’re on the hook for reinforcements. bring the whole damn bus. i’ll be the other guy in red.

mike p,

we were treated awfully well by the niner faithful on our last trip, and that grouping included quite a few posters from this board. they will probably be a surly lot this time however, what with the spanking the bearcats will be administering.

Keep it up gruehls, Mrs. g will be remaining in God’s Country with me! I was kind with the camera and didn’t take any photos of you in Cincy. Saturday will be different, my Northern pal.

[i]Originally posted by HP49er[/i]@Feb 1 2005, 12:35 PM [b]Keep it up gruehls, Mrs. g will be remaining in God's Country with me! I was kind with the camera and didn't take any photos of you in Cincy. Saturday will be different, my Northern pal.[/b]

i’m bringing my own camera this time; i’ll fight fire with fire. or, digital images with digital images, as the case may be.

and you got me in one of those pix by christy’s.

I know CLT was joking, and the posts on this thread are generally civil. I’m talking about general nastiness to the opposition. Charlotte, according to Huggins, is known for it. Is that the rep Charlotte fans seek, is it natural progression, is it just the students, what? I’ve been to several games, but not Cincy. Louisville got the nasty treatment when I was there once. ECU didn’t get much of anything because the Niners blew them out when I was there. Memphis didn’t get too much, just some Cal bashing. Just wondering.