Huggins makes it official

http://www.kstatesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=400&ATCLID=264702

I know you guys are probably sick of hearing all of this…but K-State announced the hiring of Hill today…I thought this quote from Huggins on Hill was rather interesting though…

"“Dalonte is a young guy who has great contacts,” said Huggins. “He played for the DC Assault (successful AAU program) and grew up with one of my guys’ DerMarr Johnson (current Denver Nuggets’ player and former C-USA Freshman of the Year for Huggins at Cincinnati in 2000). He is a guy that has always wanted to work with me and I thought this was a great fit for him. He is connected to the AAU programs in the East and South and he will do a great job recruiting for us. He will do a great job relating to our guys. He is a young guy that will also do an outstanding job coaching on the floor.”

The main part of that grabbed my attention was “he is a guy that has always wanted to work with me and I thought this was a great fit for him.”

Arrogant. He probably thinks everyone is dying to work with him.

Strange he didn’t make the same type of comment about Dalonte’s previous boss:

He (Other coach Frank Martin) actually spent time with a really good friend of mine in Ron Everhart (at Northeastern) before I hired him at Cincinnati.

Is Hill hired or does he have a handshake agreement?

[QUOTE] “We have an agreement in principle,” Weiser said. “The whole process, the 10-12 pages of paperwork, might take about a month… Honestly, it’s nothing to worry about. Bob and I have a handshake agreement.”

Huggins still hasn’t signed contract
BY JEFFREY MARTIN
The Wichita Eagle 3-31-06[/QUOTE]

Translation?

[QUOTE] “We have an agreement in sleaziness,” Weiser said. “We don’t want Bob to get bogged down in such things as following NCAA rules for coaches while recruiting his players. So he won’t be getting paid for a little while … Honestly, don’t you worry your pretty little heads over it. Bob and I have a handshake agreement.”[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=survivor45;166782]Is Hill hired or does he have a handshake agreement?

Translation?[/QUOTE]

yeah, it’s a done deal…here is the link again…http://www.kstatesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=400&ATCLID=264702

From Timmy’s link, I clicked on ‘coaches’ and the bio of Bob Huggins

[QUOTE]A two-time Academic All-American, Huggins graduated from West Virginia magna cum laude in 1977 and received his master’s in health administration from West Virginia in 1978. [/QUOTE]

It’s good to see that KSU has a head coach that will instill the value of a good education into his players.

There probably going to wait till Beasely commits with them to sign Hill final.

[QUOTE=survivor45;166782]Is Hill hired or does he have a handshake agreement?
[/QUOTE]

The contract is written has follows: Beasley signs at KSU, your hired, if not your fired.

Don’t forget the fine print: Once Beasley leaves for the pros your fired. No questions asked. Stimpulation though, if you can bring in another top 5 recruit then you are as long as he is here. Then again you will be fired after he leaves.

[QUOTE=UNCCShannon;166845]Don’t forget the fine print: Once Beasley leaves for the pros your fired. No questions asked. Stimpulation though, if you can bring in another top 5 recruit then you are as long as he is here. Then again you will be fired after he leaves.[/QUOTE]

How could Dalonte say no to such a “sweet” deal ?

and the sad thing is, after what they did, when he’s sitting at home looking for a job, no one wil take him.

And im not trying to be negative, but I think Bobby would step up and possibly take Hill back, because he’s got a soft spot in his heart. But then again its also likely he would steel up

I don’t think Dalonte’s employment at KSU is contingent on him getting TMB. DerMarr Johnson seems to have stepped up to the plate to help Dalonte get a job that Huggins may have already wanted him for.

Quoting the official article of hiring Dalonte Hill:

“as he announced the hiring of Frank Martin and Dalonte Hill ([B]pronounced Duh-LON-tay[/B]) as assistant coaches”

Only in Manhatten, KS…How would rednecks really say it?:lmao:

[QUOTE=ViRiBuSNiNeR;167099]Quoting the official article of hiring Dalonte Hill:

“as he announced the hiring of Frank Martin and Dalonte Hill ([B]pronounced Duh-LON-tay[/B]) as assistant coaches”

Only in Manhatten, KS…How would rednecks really say it?:lmao:[/QUOTE]

:lmao: That’s hilarious.

[QUOTE=NinerLoudNProud;166973]I don’t think Dalonte’s employment at KSU is contingent on him getting TMB. [/QUOTE]

We will see when he is in green in 2007