I can't do it anymore

18 years

Over $11,000 in 49er club donations
Over $5000 in Season Tix for Basketball
$4000 for 4 FSL’s
Over $2000 in Season Tix for football

That’s over $22,000 I’ve put into 49er athletics over the years with nothing to show for it other than 4-5 fun years in basketball and 1 good fun and historic season of football. $22,000 for 6 fun seasons over 18 years…I just can’t do it anymore. I’m spending over $1500 per year now for Contributions and tickets with ZERO return as of now. I won’t waste the gas needed to go watch a lousy basketball team…and once Phillips is gone, there will be no reason to watch football.

I have continued to contribute and buy tickets to support my school…but my school continues to piss my money away and give me no return. So, I’m done.
My daughter has a scholarship to play softball at a D2 school in 2017. I’ll spend my time and energy there instead and keep my money in my pocket.

As an aside…My daughter’s coach reached out to Amy about looking at her as a walk on at Charlotte (because it was a dream school for her…and she wanted to take Engineering). Without even taking the time for a conversation or consideration about it…Amy’s response was simply “We wish her luck at the D2 school.” It’s simply a microcosm of my 18 years of contributions.

The school doesn’t care about anyone like me who WAS an avid and eager follower and supporter with my consistent donation/contribution level history (even though I’m the type they should cater too)…just like Amy doesn’t have time for a conversation about a D2 caliber kid willing and eager to walk on to the program and help in any way possible.

If me and my family and my support are that insignificant here…I’ll take it all elsewhere where it will be better utilized and appreciated.

I feel like this article shows how our university should treat people like you.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB122178385188954793

Hats off for you, gotta be frustrating.

Please send this to the athletic department.

It won’t do any damn good.

It won’t do any damn good.[/quote]

Still need to do it. We need to start bombarding them with emails.

Hard to blame you trleader.

It won’t do any damn good.[/quote]

Still need to do it. We need to start bombarding them with emails.[/quote]

Don’t send it to the AD. Send it to Phil Dubois.

#theydontcare

D.O.B.A.

That’s really sad to hear… I was happy to bring on alum’s kids and did so with several in the walk on capacity… I knew the connection would be important and I wanted to get passionate students-athletes on my team…

I did a quick tally for 2015… (not including Fall 2015 basketball…)

Sport Wins Losses Notes
Volleyball 8 19 Aside from last year’s team they have been terrible for over a decade
Softball 24 27 I remember an A10 championship but historically a bubble conf team
W Soccer 7 11(1T) Thought last year was solid, I’m sure a disappointing year
Baseball 19 29 Off the field issues and just a really bad year…
Basketball(14-15) 14 18 Disappointing year…(showed promise with youth but they transferred)
W Basketball(14-15) 15 17 Mirror Men’s program for the past few years… haven’t rebuilt from initial group
Football 2 10 Had opportunity to win 3 CUSA games… hoping for some key transfers/ juco help

M Soccer 11 6(3T) 1st round CUSA and NCAA exit, I think team was a little unlucky this year should
be solid moving forward with the investment into the program

M. Tennis 17 4 M&W Tennis probably lowest funded programs and out perform nearly every
other CLT program. Three total paid staff between the two teams and lowest paid
of [font=verdana][size=78%]all the coaching staff. [/size][/font]

W. Tennis 14 10 The best women’s program (by W/L for 2015).

M&W Track N/A High Jumper made indoor NCAA’s, several CUSA/ NCAA Regional Performers as
well. Historically two of the all time most successful programs over the past
decade besides men’s soccer and golf.

Golf N/A Made NCAA’s, pretty consistent program even with coaching transition every few
years.

Posting this to say 2015 was not the year of the Niner and is probably our all time lowest in sports… like all markets there are low times and then resurgences. For 55% of our teams they can’t get much worse so only one place to go… UP

[font=Verdana]I think all programs should be held accountable and if after ample (3+ years) time is allowed they should be thanked for their time but asked to move on.

All sports except football have been in CUSA for 2-3 years now so this should taken into account. A10 was cake for a lot of our sports and only a few made the transition smoothly. M Soccer, Golf, M Tennis.

While several of you are ready to give up, I too have invested $, blood, sweat, and LOTS of time to this AD (two years as a part-time coach making $2k a year, yes $2,000 while working 50-60+ hours a week, then 5 years Full Time, plus 5 as an athlete).

I really think things will begin to turn around and most of us knew the CUSA transition would be tough. If anyone in the AD felt they couldn’t do a good job I’d assume they wouldn’t stick around, that being said if I was in the position to hire and fire I’d be sick to my stomach with those results from 2015 and be ready to make drastic changes to ensure everyone is on board with being a successful program. Charlotte can be the school we want it to be and several in the AD have had a huge part in building our brand and making huge contributions.I was a positive coach and I’m a positive fan, I will always see the glass half full… I haven’t watched a bball game yet this year… but I will watch some and if they’re frustrating they’re frustrating. There was good stuff on the football game today but, lots of bad… Football will get better, offensive calling will get better or changes will be made(look at how the defense has improved!). If the Raiders and Jaguars still have fans Charlotte can too. Keep your heads up and let’s just enjoy the Panthers, Hornets, and Knights until our product is worth more attention…

If you guys choose to not donate anymore I can’t blame you, I’d hope you’d still make the minimum for football as the FSL’s were a big purchase and when they start winning ya’ll will hopefully want to come back.

With all time lows in attendance I’m sure the AD is well aware of the past mistakes and they are most likely working hard to fix it… if not time is on our side… they’ll get the people in place to make it right if they’re not there now. Too many of us care way too much about our school to not have great people nurture and protect our AD and our sports. With the staggering amount of losses people will take notice even though several coaches/ admins are friends I guarantee you they are having end of season meetings saying we need results. They have several people looking at all the money going into each program…

ROI is important for AD as for the coaches from their athletes.

Thank goodness 2016 is almost here!!!Cheers Niners![/font]

Don’t blame you one bit my man. Hopefully your daughter kicks some serious ass at her school! And this might sound a bit shitty, but look on the bright side- she probably has a better chance of playing for a winning program now.

I’m pretty much done with 49ers athletics until Judy Rose retires. The Athletic Department as it currently exists is a poorly ran joke, and whomever comes in is going to have to completely clean house and fire most of the staff across the board. That is, of course, assuming anyone wants to be AD for a program in complete shambles.

It needs to be burned to the ground. We have somehow managed to hire a squadron of folks horrible at their job whom are just trading time for money and don’t care about being good at their jobs.

[quote=“BleEDgreen49er, post:10, topic:30000”]M Soccer 11 6(3T) 1st round CUSA and NCAA exit, I think team was a little unlucky this year should be solid moving forward with investment into the program
[/quote]

2nd Round NCAA exit. This program is already solid without additional investment. I’d like to see a bigger push to get fans in the seats.

[quote=“ninermike, post:14, topic:30000”][quote=“BleEDgreen49er, post:10, topic:30000”]M Soccer 11 6(3T) 1st round CUSA and NCAA exit, I think team was a little unlucky this year should be solid moving forward with investment into the program
[/quote]

2nd Round NCAA exit. This program is already solid without additional investment. I’d like to see a bigger push to get fans in the seats.[/quote]

Soccer is solid. Soccer attendance is not.

Perhaps better coverage from the hometown paper would help? You know. The kind most schools get.

But what do I know. Unfortunately, I am not an expert on everything like some of us are.

[quote=“49r9r, post:15, topic:30000”][quote=“ninermike, post:14, topic:30000”][quote=“BleEDgreen49er, post:10, topic:30000”]M Soccer 11 6(3T) 1st round CUSA and NCAA exit, I think team was a little unlucky this year should be solid moving forward with investment into the program
[/quote]

2nd Round NCAA exit. This program is already solid without additional investment. I’d like to see a bigger push to get fans in the seats.[/quote]

Perhaps better coverage from the hometown paper would help? You know. The kind most schools get.

But what do I know. Unfortunately, I am not an expert on everything like some of us are.[/quote]

How much attention does college soccer get in other similarly sized cities? I can’t imagine much.

[quote=“Charlotte2002, post:16, topic:30000”][quote=“49r9r, post:15, topic:30000”][quote=“ninermike, post:14, topic:30000”][quote=“BleEDgreen49er, post:10, topic:30000”]M Soccer 11 6(3T) 1st round CUSA and NCAA exit, I think team was a little unlucky this year should be solid moving forward with investment into the program
[/quote]

But what do I know. Unfortunately, I am not an expert on everything like some of us are.[/quote]

How much attention does college soccer get in other similarly sized cities? I can’t imagine much.[/quote]

He’s just trolling me. Still believes I work at the observer. If any school is depending on the media to put fans in seats they are in serious trouble. Observer actually gives us decent soccer coverage.

[quote=“Charlotte2002, post:16, topic:30000”][quote=“49r9r, post:15, topic:30000”][quote=“ninermike, post:14, topic:30000”][quote=“BleEDgreen49er, post:10, topic:30000”]M Soccer 11 6(3T) 1st round CUSA and NCAA exit, I think team was a little unlucky this year should be solid moving forward with investment into the program
[/quote]

How much attention does college soccer get in other similarly sized cities? I can’t imagine much.[/quote]

Wake gets a good bit of coverage in the Winston paper, but at the same time you probably make a good point.

[quote=“TRLeader, post:1, topic:30000”]18 years

Over $11,000 in 49er club donations
Over $5000 in Season Tix for Basketball
$4000 for 4 FSL’s
Over $2000 in Season Tix for football

That’s over $22,000 I’ve put into 49er athletics over the years with nothing to show for it other than 4-5 fun years in basketball and 1 good fun and historic season of football. $22,000 for 6 fun seasons over 18 years…I just can’t do it anymore. I’m spending over $1500 per year now for Contributions and tickets with ZERO return as of now. I won’t waste the gas needed to go watch a lousy basketball team…and once Phillips is gone, there will be no reason to watch football.

I have continued to contribute and buy tickets to support my school…but my school continues to piss my money away and give me no return. So, I’m done.
My daughter has a scholarship to play softball at a D2 school in 2017. I’ll spend my time and energy there instead and keep my money in my pocket.

As an aside…My daughter’s coach reached out to Amy about looking at her as a walk on at Charlotte (because it was a dream school for her…and she wanted to take Engineering). Without even taking the time for a conversation or consideration about it…Amy’s response was simply “We wish her luck at the D2 school.” It’s simply a microcosm of my 18 years of contributions.

The school doesn’t care about anyone like me who WAS an avid and eager follower and supporter with my consistent donation/contribution level history (even though I’m the type they should cater too)…just like Amy doesn’t have time for a conversation about a D2 caliber kid willing and eager to walk on to the program and help in any way possible.

If me and my family and my support are that insignificant here…I’ll take it all elsewhere where it will be better utilized and appreciated.[/quote]

Sounds like someone should have done some research to see if the player (in this case your daughter) was a legacy and then taken appropriate steps. Obviously no guarantee here but some consideration would have been nice. Isn’t that what the alumni network is for?

I understand your frustrations here but I hope you don’t quit entirely.

I’m wavering myself. Season tickets for every season in Halton and JRS and consistent donations (much smaller than yours admittedly) may have to give way to just occasional games and bare minimum giving.

I have been getting diminishing returns each year in enjoyment. And getting tired of all the crap we deal with.

Charlotte is the sleeping giant…