I dap Steve Smith

This is a very nice gesture by #89:

[URL=http://www.charlotteobserver.com/597/story/469930.html]Observer: Steve Smith donates $25,000 to Harding band[/URL]

What an experience for those kids this is going to be.

Indeed… Good move…

Unfortunately they were the only squad from Charlotte who put on a good show at BoA on Saturday.

Big ups to 89.

Very cool.

That’s a great gesture from a local celeb.

That’s where I went to high school. Those were the glory days back when Harding’s football and baseball programs competed for the state. The band was never that large are that great, but Harding University is also a very different place now.

Great story

This seems like forcing politics down kids throat. What about those that didn’t vote for Obama?
How many homeless could this have fed, instead of supporting the biggest-spending Inagaural in history? And in a recession? Damn elites.

This seems like forcing politics down kids throat. What about those that didn't vote for Obama? How many homeless could this have fed, instead of supporting the biggest-spending Inagaural in history? And in a recession? Damn elites.

Always full of insight and willing to share right? :weep:

This is not about politics, it’s about an act of kindness.

This seems like forcing politics down kids throat. What about those that didn't vote for Obama? How many homeless could this have fed, instead of supporting the biggest-spending Inagaural in history? And in a recession? Damn elites.

Even if you didn’t vote for the guy the Inaugural Parade is a great tradition and anyone should be honored to march in it, no mater who is elected.

[QUOTE=stonecoldken;376583]This seems like forcing politics down kids throat. What about those that didn’t vote for Obama?
How many homeless could this have fed, instead of supporting the biggest-spending Inagaural in history? And in a recession? Damn elites.[/QUOTE]

Damn dude, you’re getting worse and more bitter. Do you drink? If not, I recommend it. Kinda takes the edge off every now and then.

[QUOTE=stonecoldken;376583]This seems like forcing politics down kids throat. What about those that didn’t vote for Obama?
How many homeless could this have fed, instead of supporting the biggest-spending Inagaural in history? And in a recession? Damn elites.[/QUOTE]

diploma proof plz…sheesh

I saw the band marching outside of BofA trying to raise $ before a Panthers game. If memory serves me correctly, every person marching that day was African American. With over 90% support from the A. A. community, I’m willing to bet there are very few Paliniacs in that band.

Y’all dudes can so not take a joke.

oh, you were joking about feeding the homeless? HAHAHAAHAHAH then…

[QUOTE=stonecoldken;376596]Y’all dudes can so not take a joke.[/QUOTE]
Standard operating procedure. Make a sincere wingnut comment, then claim it’s a joke when everyone else tells him he’s a moron. I’m shocked… SHOCKED.

Indeed.. Good move....

Unfortunately they were the only squad from Charlotte who put on a good show at BoA on Saturday.

How true. How true.

The highlights of the game were the opening drive and the halftime performance by the “Harding University High School Marching Band”. And the only highlight of our game was the pep band.

Good gesture by Steve Smith. We need more professional athletes like him.

[QUOTE=stonecoldken;376596]Y’all dudes can so not take a joke.[/QUOTE]

Did you not read my post???

Y'all dudes can so not take a joke.

I’m with TF. You do this alllll the time. You get slammed for making asinine comments, then turn around and say you were joking. If you have a point to make, stick by your guns and don’t back down. You always back down and say “oh I was just joking guys, take it easy.”

[QUOTE=Chisox17;376647]I’m with TF. You do this alllll the time. You get slammed for making asinine comments, then turn around and say you were joking. If you have a point to make, stick by your guns and don’t back down. You always back down and say “oh I was just joking guys, take it easy.”[/QUOTE]
It also might be easier to take SCK’s “jokes” if they were actually, you know, funny.

[QUOTE=Chisox17;376647]I’m with TF. You do this alllll the time. You get slammed for making asinine comments, then turn around and say you were joking. If you have a point to make, stick by your guns and don’t back down. You always back down and say “oh I was just joking guys, take it easy.”[/QUOTE]

That is SOP for Ken, but I’ll let him off the hook this once- I thought he was goofing when he said damn elites. Thought he was serious till then.