I got to meet Lee Rose today

A guy from ESPN classic came to campus today to interview my dad and Lee Rose about the 1977 Final Four team, because of the ESPN classic game against TCU next week. I got to meet Mr Rose, and he is a super cool guy, and I am sure he must have been a hell of a coach. I didnt realise he was only here for 3 years. Why was he only here for 3 years? Anyways I told him I was amzed that the team used to always play in Belk, but it would be cool to play the TCU game in there! Who was the coach right before Rose that recruited Maxwell and all the other final four players? Man I need to brush up on my Niners history

Glad you finally met the Silver Fox. Coach Rose sure treated me well in the 2 years I was around him. He was here for 3 years. You should’ve told him you were up in Cincy with me, LOL!

Bill Foster was the coach before Rose, leaving for Clemson.

[i]Originally posted by HP49er[/i]@Jan 21 2005, 01:56 PM [b] Glad you finally met the Silver Fox. Coach Rose sure treated me well in the 2 years I was around him. He was here for 3 years. You should've told him you were up in Cincy with me, LOL!

Bill Foster was the coach before Rose, leaving for Clemson. [/b]

I did tell him I was in Cinci, he thought that was pretty cool that we made the trip. And the name Bill Foster sounds familiar now that you mention it, I was just drawing a blank.

By the way, how does gruehls like your new avatar? LOL

I don’t know if gruehls has seen it yet. Mrs. gruehls rules (and he knows it too). :wub:

[b]I didnt realise he was only here for 3 years. Why was he only here for 3 years?[/b]

You take an otherwise non-existant program to the Final Four and it’s likely others (Purdue) will come calling.

As for who recruited the Final Four team: Bill Foster recruited the starting 5 except for Chad Kinch and he was Rose’s.

BTW: what’s the deal with the Classic throwback game? What are they going to do? What should we expect to see at the game or on TV we don’t see normally? Does coach wear green plaid pants, wide tie and coat with wide lapels? Do we wear disco suits a la Saturday Night Fever? Will the team wear old UNCC jerseys? Will Maxwell come back and school this team on how to hit FTs and win games FOR GOD’S SAKE!!!???

[i]Originally posted by Chisox17[/i]@Jan 21 2005, 01:52 PM [b] A guy from ESPN classic came to campus today to interview my dad and Lee Rose about the 1977 Final Four team, because of the ESPN classic game against TCU next week. I got to meet Mr Rose, and he is a super cool guy, and I am sure he must have been a hell of a coach. I didnt realise he was only here for 3 years. Why was he only here for 3 years? Anyways I told him I was amzed that the team used to always play in Belk, but it would be cool to play the TCU game in there! Who was the coach right before Rose that recruited Maxwell and all the other final four players? Man I need to brush up on my Niners history [/b]
Chi...Who is your Dad?
[i]Originally posted by JKniner[/i]@Jan 21 2005, 06:35 PM [b] Chi...Who is your Dad? [/b]
[img]http://www.charlotte.com/images/charlotte/charlotte/2209/thumb_4881685772.jpg[/img] A damn fine sportswriter at the Charlotte Observer by the name of Stan Olson.

Thanks HP, couldnt have said it better myself :slight_smile:

no way that is gruels or whoever and his wife

you sure thats not his daughter?

barker, please don’t flatter Mrs. gruehls :wub: too much, she may leave me for you. :angry: But yes, that is the wife of the legendary one beside myself in the avatar. I cropped it out of a group photo and it doesn’t do her justice.

Here’s a much better photo. She is with 49erAlumnus…

I took no photos of gruehls this time, I caught too much crap from him after his visit to Charlotte, but there will be another opportunity. :stuck_out_tongue: However, he was a fine host to all of us.