I hate to look ahead

But I’m scared to death about next year. Unless there is a 180 degree change in philosophy we need to get some shooters asap.

Like it or not, we need the JUCO shooter with baggage.

[QUOTE=s9er;295147]But I’m scared to death about next year. Unless there is a 180 degree change in philosophy we need to get some shooters asap.

Like it or not, we need the JUCO shooter with baggage.[/QUOTE]

I really think with a year under their belt, these guys will get better at finishing in the college game. Also, the interior game isn’t the #1 option, so our interior players don’t always get the best looks.

But, Phil has a nice jump shot and coley can score around the basket. Dewhurst will get stronger so he will finish much better and I think An’juan has a shot in his game we haven’t seen develop yet. I just think we need our coach to coach to the strengths of the team and not to individual players.

We have enough good rebounds that we could crash on every play and go for the garbage points, but our team drops back into defense or starts running the break before the rebound has been decided.

But I'm scared to death about next year. Unless there is a 180 degree change in philosophy we need to get some shooters asap.

Like it or not, we need the JUCO shooter with baggage.

QFT! We have to find someone who can take over for Lee.

I’m not so worried. Guys tend to come out their second year in a program. And we will have a ton of second year guys. I expect to see a slightly more balanced offense.

I think we will have a very balanced team next year. Ian will be our #1 3 point threat and inside will be controlled by Phil opening up room for coley, wilderness and dewhurst to drive to the basket. Mack, in my opinion doesn’t really fit into the system next year because he is looking more and more like deangelo, hovering around the perimeter instead of using his size and skill to get to the rim.

Barnett is going to be tough to match up with offensively because of his size, but probably will receive limited action (10-15 min/game) next year.
Same thing with Bowden and I hope he doesnt get discouraged because of it.

The key to our offense is Gerrity. With a year of play under his belt with these guys, I think he will be our general. He will also try and become more of a scoring threat as well.

[QUOTE=uncommon-niner;295182]I think we will have a very balanced team next year. Ian will be our #1 3 point threat and inside will be controlled by Phil opening up room for coley, wilderness and dewhurst to drive to the basket. Mack, in my opinion doesn’t really fit into the system next year because he is looking more and more like deangelo, hovering around the perimeter instead of using his size and skill to get to the rim.

[B]Bennet [/B]is going to be tough to match up with offensively because of his size, but probably will receive limited action (10-15 min/game) next year.

The key to our offense is Gerrity. With a year of play under his belt with these guys, I think he will be our general. He will also try and become more of a scoring threat as well.[/QUOTE]

Barnett I am assuming… I agree with eveything you said here.

But, Phil has a nice jump shot .

whachu talkin bout willis?

You must have missed the 17 footer he hit last night. Or the jumper he hit earlier in the season. He doesn’t look good on the jump hook at all, but with a little spacing, he has a good form.

He also shoots FTs very well for a big man, which means he has good mechanics. If he could just learn to play with his back to the basket, he would be a lot better.

I think we will have a very balanced team next year. Ian will be our #1 3 point threat and inside will be controlled by Phil opening up room for coley, wilderness and dewhurst to drive to the basket. Mack, in my opinion doesn't really fit into the system next year because he is looking more and more like deangelo, hovering around the perimeter instead of using his size and skill to get to the rim.

Bennet is going to be tough to match up with offensively because of his size, but probably will receive limited action (10-15 min/game) next year.

The key to our offense is Gerrity. With a year of play under his belt with these guys, I think he will be our general. He will also try and become more of a scoring threat as well.

Lamont will be the number 1 three-point threat. I disagree with your hovering theory however. He only takes threes early in the shot clock, because he looks to receive a pass at the beginning of the possesion, if he doesn’t receive the ball he heads inside. I just hope Bowden can really fill up the basket. If Javarris Barnett gets 10-15 min/game, I’ll be pleasantly surprised. He is redshirting for a reason. When was the last time we had a non-medical redshirt play a ton of minutes the next year? Or even several years later? He doesn’t seem to make a lot of shots in practice or warm-ups. If he ever actually finds his shot, he could be dangerous. Seems to have a quite a bit of upside, but I seriously doubt he’ll see more than five minutes per game next season, that is being generous.

Barnett I am assuming... I agree with eveything you said here.

Fixed, sorry

You must have missed the 17 footer he hit last night. Or the jumper he hit earlier in the season. He doesn't look good on the jump hook at all, but with a little spacing, he has a good form.

He also shoots FTs very well for a big man, which means he has good mechanics. If he could just learn to play with his back to the basket, he would be a lot better.

He looked very big man like from the line last night.

[QUOTE=49timesthelovin;295190] When was the last time we had a non-medical redshirt play a ton of minutes the next year? Or even several years later? [/QUOTE]

Mitchell Baldwin.

Mitchell Baldwin.

He was a medical redshirt for tendonitis.

You must have missed the 17 footer he hit last night. Or the jumper he hit earlier in the season. He doesn't look good on the jump hook at all, but with a little spacing, he has a good form.

oh ok, I missed that. I was thinking of the hook shot that went over the top of backboard vs Maryland.

He’d be fine if he’d just calm down. Many times this season he has rushed his shots, hence why it bricks so hard or is off target. He does appear to have good mechanics though. I did think last night was probably his best game to date, and against X, that does bode well for his future.

He'd be fine if he'd just calm down. Many times this season he has rushed his shots, hence why it bricks so hard or is off target. He does appear to have good mechanics though. I did think last night was probably his best game to date, and against X, that does bode well for his future.

He certainly played a lot more minutes than he has been this season.

Mitchell Baldwin.

Never saw what everyone saw in the kid. He was fast, serviceable on defense, but had very little going for him offensively. Not saying you said all this but I always felt he could have been more.

Yea I agree. When Phil gets the ball with space in the lane. I want to see him take the J each time. He has a nice shot. His hook is still raw, but he can work on that. Big man camp this summer would do wonders for him imo.

He’s had a couple of good games.

I am not saying Phil Jones is going to be Tim Duncan, but he certain is the best center prospect we’ve had in a while. He just needs time to develop. Big men always take a long time to develop. Look at Okafor (again, I don’t think Jones is Okafor), he wasn’t a big time recruit coming out of high school, but he developed his game and became a big time player.

He certainly played a lot more minutes than he has been this season.

But he did something with those mins, thats mainly why he got as many as he did. He kept his fouls down, blocked a shot, altered many more, rebounded fairly well, and scored. I know he missed some free throws, but other than that I thought he did very well. I still can’t get over how that guy just barrelled into him to get the ball and lay it in. What were the refs thinking, it is pretty damn hard to send 260 lbs to the floor like that, and take the ball from behind.