I HAVE AN IDEA! LET'S RUN AN ALLEY OOP PLAY!

Bright Lutz…Real Bright!

Let’s run an alley oop play for our hottest player on the court EDDIE BASEDN.

decisions like this are why I am so pissed off right now.

Lutz lost a lot of credibility, in my opinion, today.

He will need to do more than beat Cincinnati (at home) to prove today was an anomoly.

[i]Originally posted by Southern Pines N Da House[/i]@Jan 29 2005, 03:53 PM [b] Bright Lutz....Real Bright!

Let’s run an alley oop play for our hottest player on the court EDDIE BASEDN. [/b]

He must have gotten that from Herb Sendek. Terrible play out of a timeout. :wacko:

Well, it was a bad play. But, beat Cincy and all is forgiven. You guys had to know we were going to lose one of these, don’t act shocked.

[i]Originally posted by hootie[/i]@Jan 29 2005, 04:39 PM [b] Well, it was a bad play. But, beat Cincy and all is forgiven. You guys had to know we were going to lose one of these, don't act shocked. [/b]
2nd that, Everyone knows we will drop one like this.

Personally I think thats a real losers attitude…knowing we’re gonna lose to a crappy team(which ECU is) and accepting it. When those ncaa guys are in the smokefilled room in march deciding the teams and the seedings…they’re not gonna look upon it so charitably!

The play call wasn’t the problem, the execution was. Why throw the pass when everyone knew it wasn’t there. You can’t just force an alley-oop. There may have been better things to run out of the time-out, but the players on the court should know better than to just run it to run it.

57, it’s not a loser’s mentality. It happens every year. Look back at the last few years. No wait, look at this year. Rutgers and ECU?

I’ll not hang Rutgers on the coaches, but we simply weren’t ready to play yesterday. That’s a problem and we do it a couple of times a year.

It is a loser’s mentality. But I agree if you look back over the past few years it does happen evey year. So what has been the constant over the last few years? I’ll spell it out for you. L-U-T-Z

[i]Originally posted by D-Niner[/i]@Jan 30 2005, 10:09 AM [b] It is a loser's mentality. But I agree if you look back over the past few years it does happen evey year. So what has been the constant over the last few years? I'll spell it out for you. L-U-T-Z [/b]
Another Lutz basher (or same guy with different name) out of the closet after an agonizing loss. Nice first 2 posts. LUTZ...same guy who's won 20 per year, 3 C-USA championships, 4 NCAA appearances. Yeah, he really sucks. :o

For once, maybe :slight_smile: I agree with Lefty

The coach did not lose this game yesterday, sorry play by our players and a lack of effort lost this one. When you laugh and joke when you are in a dogfight of a game, I am sorry that is wrong. We are not good enough to turn it “off and on”

I didn’t realize you have to praise Lutz in your first post before you can be an accepted member. If I have to say something good about Lutz, I’ll give him credit for his recruiting. I’m not saying he sucks. However, if you want to call me a Lutz basher for thinking he is overrated, then be my guest. I think there are a lot of coaches out there that could have had just as much if not more success with the same players Lutz has had.

I can’t stand the guys who…every time anyones critical of anything they’re branded as bashers! Give it up man.Sorry if some people don’t think Lutz is John Wooden reincarnated,or that Martin is Kareem Abdul Iti.That doesn’t mean they’re not as big a fan of the niners and don’t want the team to be the best,like you.And if you don’t think yesterdays loss REALLY hurts…think again.It’ll hurt the niners chances of getting an ncaa bid,and if they do get a bid(hopefully) the seeding committee’s gonna look at a loss to a bottom feeder(sorry ECU fans,no disrespect intended) and lower the seed…which therefore places Charlotte against a much more difficult opponent,…ergo…a greater chance of getting shitcanned in the first round! That’s why motivating your team when they most need to be motivated,and pressing the right buttons is so critical a part of a coaches job.The niners as many have noted on assorted threads here,are not good enough to be able to turn the jets on and off…and yesterday showed it.

[i]Originally posted by Charlotte2002[/i]@Jan 29 2005, 08:20 PM [b] The play call wasn't the problem, the execution was. Why throw the pass when everyone knew it wasn't there. You can't just force an alley-oop. There may have been better things to run out of the time-out, but the players on the court should know better than to just run it to run it. [/b]
well said Charlotte2002, well said
[i]Originally posted by lucky57[/i]@Jan 30 2005, 02:15 PM [b] I can't stand the guys who...every time anyones critical of anything they're branded as bashers! Give it up man.Sorry if some people don't think Lutz is John Wooden reincarnated,or that Martin is Kareem Abdul Iti.That doesn't mean they're not as big a fan of the niners and don't want the team to be the best,like you.And if you don't think yesterdays loss REALLY hurts..think again.It'll hurt the niners chances of getting an ncaa bid,and if they do get a bid(hopefully) the seeding committee's gonna look at a loss to a bottom feeder(sorry ECU fans,no disrespect intended) and lower the seed..which therefore places Charlotte against a much more difficult opponent,..ergo...a greater chance of getting shitcanned in the first round! That's why motivating your team when they most need to be motivated,and pressing the right buttons is so critical a part of a coaches job.The niners as many have noted on assorted threads here,are not good enough to be able to turn the jets on and off..and yesterday showed it. [/b]
Ever heard of a paragraph? Lose game = blame Lutz, blame Iti, blame Plavich to a bunch of people on this board.

Hey ffniner…newsflash!!! That wasn’t Illinois we lost to.Hope you were able to read this,if not…let me know and i’ll separate it into 2 paragraphs for you.

[i]Originally posted by lucky57[/i]@Jan 30 2005, 07:15 PM [b] Hey ffniner..newsflash!!! That wasn't Illinois we lost to.Hope you were able to read this,if not..let me know and i'll separate it into 2 paragraphs for you. [/b]
Add some spacing while you're at it luckystars.