I is Tranlat Job!

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/08/24/dea.ebonics/index.html?hpt=T2

I’s gonna getzis me sum Benjammins tranlatting, dawg!

Dats racist! But you know what Ima axe if I can get dis job. Tryin ta get paaaaaid ya heard!? For real doh, dis crazy.

ahh sorry I couldn’t resist!

[quote=“Chisox17, post:2, topic:23792”]Dats racist! But you know what Ima axe if I can get dis job. Tryin ta get paaaaaid ya heard!? For real doh, dis crazy.

ahh sorry I couldn’t resist![/quote]

It’s all right - talking like that will get you a job promotion! Gotta love corporate America!

For real. That’s my beef with Ebonics, the fact that you hear it every day in the workplace and professional settings. I couldn’t care less how someone talks with their buddies, or on facebook, or at home with family, but when I hear a coworker or superior talking like that at work it’s really annoying.

Why someone would willingly sound completely uneducated and ignorant is beyond me. I think a big problem is that growing up, the kids who enunciate and speak with proper grammar are made fun of by their buddies for “sounding white.” That’s not an assumption or generalization, it’s something I witnessed many times. It’s sad. Why would you not want to sound like an intelligent person? It’s not even that hard.

Chisox I knew a girl in HS Sr. College Prep English who said other kids accused her of acting white for being in that class.

I seriously want this job. But I know there are words I don’t know.

Reporter Goes Ghetto

Study up Son!

http://www.urbandictionary.com/

Can’t speak for Wells Fargo - but with a little darker skin and talking like that would have been a sure fire promotion in the name of diversity at the old Wachovia.

I no exactly what you mean Chisox. It dont make no since too me neither.

It ain’t cool being no jive turkey this close to Thanksgiving.

I saw the thread title and assumed Klus Kdiid got his first job. Oh well…I will keep wishing he’ll make an appearance. He was the best gimmick poster on this board.

hahaha I had forgotten about him. Hands down the funniest poster EVER.

We haven’t made the tournament since he last posted.

Not a coincidence.

For real. That’s my beef with Ebonics, the fact that you hear it every day in the workplace and professional settings. I couldn’t care less how someone talks with their buddies, or on facebook, or at home with family, but when I hear a coworker or superior talking like that at work it’s really annoying.

Why someone would willingly sound completely uneducated and ignorant is beyond me. I think a big problem is that growing up, the kids who enunciate and speak with proper grammar are made fun of by their buddies for “sounding white.” That’s not an assumption or generalization, it’s something I witnessed many times. It’s sad. Why would you not want to sound like an intelligent person? It’s not even that hard.[/quote]

I don’t know, you’re doing a pretty damned good job of it on your own terms…