I saw Dubois Today

He was on campus at Charlotte Law with our head Dean. I called his name and he came over and talked to me. I told him I was a young, poor, donating, seasons ticket holding alum. He told me that he hopes I will be a rich lawyer lol.

Anyhow, just thought I would share.

Did you ask him when we’re gonna get a law school and med school?

I thought about it… but it didn’t seem like the appropriate time :slight_smile:

I spoke with the Dr. Dubois about both subjects in Raleigh on the evening of November 15. In regards to the Medical school, he mentioned that UNC-CH was proceeding with their plans to have third and fourth year medical students finishing their degree in Charlotte. I told him that it was frustrating to me that another school in the UNC system was establishing a presence in our back yard. He said that he understood my frustration and that we were trying to establish some sort of a medical program for our students that would cooperate with UNC-CH’s physician program. Concerning the law school issue, Dr. Dubois said that basically there were already too many law schools and that it would be difficult to get funding for a law school at this time.

[QUOTE=NinerNirvana;271736]… he mentioned that UNC-CH was proceeding with their plans to have third and fourth year medical students finishing their degree in Charlotte. I told him that it was frustrating to me that another school in the UNC system was establishing a presence in our back yard. [/QUOTE]
I don’t know what’s worse… getting this kind of shaft from chapel hill, the ******* over we get from their school of journalism grads, or having a chancellor without balls enough to stand up and fight for the school.

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;271758]I don’t know what’s worse… getting this kind of shaft from chapel hill, the ******* over we get from their school of journalism grads, or having a chancellor without balls enough to stand up and fight for the school.[/QUOTE]

I know it really pisses me off as well. Where was Dubois when Chapel Hill was asking for this? Was he fighting against it in Raleigh? I think not, Dubois quit sucking Tarhole balls and start fighting for Niner interests. And they wonder why half the alums don’t give money to the university?

If we get a medical school flying the Charlotte flag, it’ll be because of the people downtown at CMC. The people they are bringing in (for instance the new head of research at Cannon Research Center) are being told that a 4 year medical school is the plan. Dubois doesn’t need to be in bed with the Charlotte CofC but rather Michael Tarwater.

[QUOTE=Ninerballin;271762]I know it really pisses me off as well. Where was Dubois when Chapel Hill was asking for this? Was he fighting against it in Raleigh? I think not, Dubois quit sucking Tarhole balls and start fighting for Niner interests. And they wonder why half the alums don’t give money to the university?[/QUOTE]

Agree 110%

The problem is that Dubois has been stressing ‘cooperation’ with the UNC flagship from Day 1. Remember the whole “autonomy” quote? -where he basically said ‘I really don’t care if it pisses people off - but I want UNC Charlotte governed by what’s best for the university system, not governed by what’s best for the campus.’ And how his belief that “you’re judged by the company you keep” is the basis on why he wants to keep the close association with Chapel Hill? I’m sure that a UNC-CH med school based in Charlotte thrills him to death. He probably thinks it all trickles down to help us -but I have my doubts.

Could a different type of person have been able to manipulate the doctor shortage (and consequent acknowledgement of a need for a medical school by the state of NC) into something positive for this university? The sad thing is…we’ll never know.

[QUOTE=survivor45;271775]Could a different type of person have been able to manipulate the doctor shortage (and consequent acknowledgement of a need for a medical school by the state of NC) into something positive for this university? The sad thing is…we’ll never know.[/QUOTE]
Correct me if I’m wrong…

The catch is that the UNC Sysytem has to approve our new chancellor. If certain “leaders” think we have nominated someone that will stand up to them, they can block his hiring.

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;271778]Correct me if I’m wrong…

The catch is that the UNC Sysytem has to approve our new chancellor. If certain “leaders” think we have nominated someone that will stand up to them, they can block his hiring.[/QUOTE]

That’s the wolf-in-sheep’s-clothing theory.

The ‘Maybe Dubois just says those things to please the system but is secretly on our side’ school of thought. Personally, I adhere to the sheep-in-sheep’s-clothing theory.

[QUOTE=survivor45;271779]That’s the wolf-in-sheep’s-clothing theory.[/QUOTE]
Wouldn’t that be a wolfpack grad pretending to be a tarhole grad?

Wouldn't that be a wolfpack grad pretending to be a tarhole grad?

Aren’t all wolfpack grads like that?

[QUOTE=49timesthelovin;271782]Aren’t all wolfpack grads like that?[/QUOTE]

Until it gets to football season, then they put on their Mario Williams jersey, Tory Holt jersey, or Phillips Rivers Jersey and act like NC State Football is great. Of course, it’s better than tarhole football if that says anything.

Until it gets to football season, then they put on their Mario Williams jersey, Tory Holt jersey, or Phillips Rivers Jersey and act like NC State Football is great. Of course, it's better than tarhole football if that says anything.

The Tarholes have a football team? I thought they folded when Julius Peppers was drafted.

I don't know what's worse....... getting this kind of shaft from chapel hill, the ******* over we get from their school of journalism grads, or having a chancellor without balls enough to stand up and fight for the school.

I am going with #3.

I don’t really know what Dubois has done for this school that wasn’t the personal interest of someone from outside of the school. He hasn’t done one thing, or said one thing, that has made me think his balls have completely dropped. And I include football in this, without what happened on THIS message board, he is still quite on the subject.

Why is he even at the School of Law if we have NO interest in a law school? Why isn’t he looking at getting this school the faculty we need. It was over a year ago when we learned we were 13th out of 16th in funding, what is it now? We still don’t have a word on Football. We still have “UNC” in front of our name. I would be okay if he was having lunch with Tober and McCrory, as much as i dislike light rail and the mud that he got thrown at us, it benefits the school. Heck, I’d be okay if he was taking a visit to the white collar prison Jim Black is in, he did help us with the downtown building at least.

This crap has to stop. I am so tired of people butchering how the “UNC System” works and then trying to defend that, when UNC Chapel Hill is putting a sattelite program in Charlotte. And don’t believe Dubois for a second with his coy/politician remarks about “increasing presence in the medical field”. He most likely means increasing the amount of Nursing students (Which the program is also extremely small for the size of school/city we are in). Again, this has to stop, get off the teet, if you want to waste money to get “We are Charlotte”, [SIZE=4]THINK THAT WAY![/SIZE]