I want my GT

check out iwantmygt.com.

I grew up a Georgia Tech fan and experienced the same thing with Yellowjacket merchandise that we often face with Niners stuff. In Atlanta and throughout Georgia GT fans face much of what we do here in NC.

Could this be somehting that we start at Charlotte? Heck we made football happen we can do this. This woldf be an awsreome SGA initiative. I wold carry a IwantmyCU card, I wantmycharlotte49ers, or iwantmynorm card.

This is a really good idea. I really think this should be brought up to SGA. Great find, ninerteach!

omg. amazing idea.

If anyone wants to start a student org, it’d be a great idea.

Couldn’t we do something like this on NN.N??? We already have a Niner Gear thread. We could make an entire page dedicated to retailers that sell QUALITY Niner gear. Instead of waiting for the school to make a move on this, maybe we could get this thing rolling. Just a thought.

I didn’t realize GT wasn’t popular in Atlanta. What schools do people in that city pay allegiance to? Georgia State?

hey folks! Well, I guess that I should chime in. I have always looked on NNN but I never really have time to post. I am a fourth year senator for the university. I know most of you guys, and I have always tried to make your voices heard in the senate. I just recently wrote a resolution that declared the green of the athletic dept as the official green for all Charlotte 49ers apparel. I looked at GT when I was working with Nick on the official green resolution. We are working on a resolution addressing this currently.

[QUOTE=Sideshow;365101]I didn’t realize GT wasn’t popular in Atlanta. What schools do people in that city pay allegiance to? Georgia State?[/QUOTE]

From their site, it says that they can’t find any GT stuff with all the red, orange, and baby blue stuff. I’m assuming that’s UGA, Clemson, and chapel hill. If GT has this much of a problem, can you imagine what Georgia State goes though?

hey folks! Well, I guess that I should chime in. I have always looked on NNN but I never really have time to post. I am a fourth year senator for the university. I know most of you guys, and I have always tried to make your voices heard in the senate. I just recently wrote a resolution that declared the green of the athletic dept as the official green for all Charlotte 49ers apparel. I looked at GT when I was working with Nick on the official green resolution. We are working on a resolution addressing this currently.

Nice first post. Keep us updated! What exactly is the resolution exactly?

[QUOTE=Hooner49;365105]Nice first post. Keep us updated! What exactly is the resolution exactly?[/QUOTE]

exactly

(sorry Hooner)

If our bookstore or online store looked anything like this with their selection and pricing, you would hear about 1/4 of the griping from everybody:

[URL=http://www.ramblinwreckstore.com/][B][U][COLOR=Orange]GT Online Store[/COLOR][/U][/B][/URL]

No doubt the Georgia stuff probably far overshadows their gear in availability, but at least they have a good base. We don’t even have that. RIP Value City. :pout:

[QUOTE=Sideshow;365101]I didn’t realize GT wasn’t popular in Atlanta. What schools do people in that city pay allegiance to? Georgia State?[/QUOTE]

The whole state is all Georgia Bulldog fans, actually much worse that Chapel Hill here…

The whole state is all Georgia Bulldog fans, actually much worse that Chapel Hill here...
But those bulldogs aren't gay like those rams are. :shades:

Great idea! I would participate completely. It helps show the interest in a tangible manner.

I didn't realize GT wasn't popular in Atlanta. What schools do people in that city pay allegiance to? Georgia State?

UGA is massive…MASSIVE

it throttles UNCCH when it comes to allegiance

Athens is basically a suburb of ATL

The whole state is all Georgia Bulldog fans, actually much worse that Chapel Hill here...
finally I agree with a Jimhat sentence

This is an awesome idea. However, other than the Dick’s excuse of “we stock what sells” I’ve run into multiple stores/people that would gladly stock & sell our stuff but they SWEAR they can’t get it. I’ve heard the whole can’t get logo rights, but what I’ve managed to get out of that is that one of two things is really the problem there: 1. They aren’t even asking- they don’t have rights as of now and when someone requests something they just say they can’t get them. 2. Companies have a minimum production requirement and aren’t willing to “risk” the money to make 2,500 Charlotte somethings for fear they won’t sell. We all know that both of these are a crock, but it’s a reality.

Warning: That was my point- enlighten me for 2 stories if you want…otherwise, move on.
I was at the Southern Christmas Show on Sunday. There was a booth there with ice cream cone Christmas ornaments that you could have personalized with names, etc. I saw one with the orange T, UNC, etc. There was one that had UNCC on it, but I decided I wanted one that just said 49ers instead. When I requested it she refused saying that she had tried for 2 months for the school to let her sell them with UNCC or 49ers on them and THEY REFUSED! So the ones she had on display she could sell but no others. I didn’t know our school had the copyright to the term 49ers (not a logo). She did mention that she had several requests but there was nothing she could do. I was so mad, I left after that encounter. Also came across a booth from a sporting goods store in Mooresville. Had 49er car magnets- asked if they had anything else for Charlotte …“That’s all we can get”

A conversation I had with 49erAlumnus got me thinking…what if I started a website that sold Charlotte merch. Legit, licensed stuff…same as footballfanatics or Value City or even the Santa hats at Dick’s. If I do this the RIGHT way…not shady/underhanded, could it work? It is unreal the number of items that we don’t have that every other school does, but what has started to bother me more is things we USED to have that now all of a sudden we dont (see post re: cheerleader uniform). Also worth noting that 4 or 5 years ago I bought Mr. Sparty a gray hoodie with the Charlotte pick logo screen printed across the front. Very basic. Nowhere to be found anymore. I don’t get it.

Sorry for the length- I’m a female therefore I talk a lot, this has been pent up for a while, and it’s a slow morning at the office. Thanks for reading =)

/rant.

[QUOTE=spartyniner;365147]
A conversation I had with 49erAlumnus got me thinking…what if I started a website that sold Charlotte merch. Legit, licensed stuff…same as footballfanatics or Value City or even the Santa hats at Dick’s. [/QUOTE]

or even Charlotte 49ers Titleist Golf Hats.

for those who don’t know what I’m talking about check this link

http://gridirongolf.amazonwebstore.com/Texas-Longhorns-Titleist-Baseball-Hat/M/B001AFDJP2.htm

I’ve asked numerous stores for them. Most recently at Edwin Watts in Concord…was given the “licensing” excuse.

I wish we could finally get the word, as to why no one carries our stuff. Is the the licensing, or do they think it won’t sell?

Someone has to know.

From talking with the person in charge of the licensing at the school, every single one of those vendors is lying, just plain lazy, or both.

http://www.auxiliary.uncc.edu/Licensing/Licensing.htm