If Bobby leaves?

Didn’t we have a pretty good rebounding margain for the year?

Party time!!!

[/quote]

stud

[quote=“lucky57, post:40, topic:22704”]On the subject of Bobby’s coaching…and future…I want to ask a serious,not sarcastic question: What do you think the team spends(spent) most of it’s practice time working on ?
I ask this because after a season of watching us we seem so lacking in basics and as I watch hundreds of other college games,between not only the elite,but teams like Wofford,Butler,etc…we really do look like we are a high school program.
We don’t: 1) Know how to inbounds the ball,let alone run a decent inbounds play
2)Have virtually any movement on offense…mostly just Dijuan standing at the top of the key and 4 guys either standing around passively or looking over at the coach quizzically.
3)Play virtually any decent defense…again,I often see us get back on D and than 5 guys looking over at the bench with puzzled looks.
4)Box out on Defense.Can anyone who has watched all or most of our games this year say that we were good at this fundamental part of the game.
Hey,i’m frustrated,no doubt,but at least I care enough to ask the questions…maybe that’s the last step before apathy.
p.s.I forgot…Is there a team that is worse at setting picks than us? Always looks like our guys are enbarrassed to set them.[/quote]

I totally get that apathy has set in, I’m there too, but come on. It’s one thing to say what they worked on wasn’t effective. It’s something totally different to say they don’t work on anything.

Rod Huntley as Coach.
Rob Dibble as Asst. HC.
Scotty Olson as Head Recruiter.
Jim The Godfather as Director of B-Ball Ops.
Mandeep Gill as the last Asst. :))

[quote=“stonecoldken, post:44, topic:22704”]Rod Huntley as Coach.
Rob Dibble as Asst. HC.
Mandeep Gill as the last Asst. :))[/quote]

How about Randy Peele as our next head coach?

[quote=“Normmm, post:43, topic:22704”][quote=“lucky57, post:40, topic:22704”]On the subject of Bobby’s coaching…and future…I want to ask a serious,not sarcastic question: What do you think the team spends(spent) most of it’s practice time working on ?
I ask this because after a season of watching us we seem so lacking in basics and as I watch hundreds of other college games,between not only the elite,but teams like Wofford,Butler,etc…we really do look like we are a high school program.
2)Have virtually any movement on offense…mostly just Dijuan standing at the top of the key and 4 guys either standing around passively or looking over at the coach quizzically.
3)Play virtually any decent defense…again,I often see us get back on D and than 5 guys looking over at the bench with puzzled looks.
4)Box out on Defense.Can anyone who has watched all or most of our games this year say that we were good at this fundamental part of the game.
Hey,i’m frustrated,no doubt,but at least I care enough to ask the questions…maybe that’s the last step before apathy.
p.s.I forgot…Is there a team that is worse at setting picks than us? Always looks like our guys are enbarrassed to set them.[/quote]

I totally get that apathy has set in, I’m there too, but come on. It’s one thing to say what they worked on wasn’t effective. It’s something totally different to say they don’t work on anything.[/quote]I was asking the question…what do you think the team spent most of its time working on in practice.I think it’s a fair question to ask after watching the team game in and game out.What do you think they concentrated on in practice,NORMMMMM?

Charlotte 2002, I was thinking last night, when is someone going to bring up his name! >:( >:D :’( ??? ::slight_smile: :o

Even though I personally am against bringing him here, in the interest of fairness, he’s had 2 conf. tourney wins in like 4-5 years as a mid rounder in his conf. Although it can also be said they had like 6-7 years of 1st in Conf. Reg. Season & Conf. Tourney under Marshall.

A friend of mine actually brought his name up to me Tuesday night. I think we can do much better.

[quote=“stonecoldken, post:44, topic:22704”]Rod Huntley as Coach.
Rob Dibble as Asst. HC.
Mandeep Gill as the last Asst. :))[/quote]

I am down for this - suicides boys - RUN! RUN! and when you are done RUN! some more then lets talk D.

Have to look at the rebound margin against top 100 teams…only place that matters.

Seems like Wojo would be the natural fit. People are suspicious, but it would create buzz (even with ACCers), which is what the program needs. Plus Duke would be open to scheduling us as a friendly while Coach K is there.

?

How is it lateral? He makes 800k there. We pay 400k. I don’t consider my paycheck cut in half lateral.

Plus Wichita averages about 14,000 fans per game

Not Gregg Marshall, I was talking about the school.

If we’ve fallen so far that Marshall is a lateral move, I’m going to slit my wrists and jump in the shower. Seriously.

I mean, I dont know if they’ve ever made the tourney (im sure they have at some point), but they have terrible facilities and oh by the way, HAVE YOU BEEN TO FREAKING HUNTINGTON, WV? I hate going there myself I can only imagine if I was an 18 yr old stud basketball player.

All that being said, I doubt that he would come here :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“lucky57, post:46, topic:22704”][quote=“Normmm, post:43, topic:22704”][quote=“lucky57, post:40, topic:22704”]On the subject of Bobby’s coaching…and future…I want to ask a serious,not sarcastic question: What do you think the team spends(spent) most of it’s practice time working on ?

I totally get that apathy has set in, I’m there too, but come on. It’s one thing to say what they worked on wasn’t effective. It’s something totally different to say they don’t work on anything.[/quote]I was asking the question…what do you think the team spent most of its time working on in practice.I think it’s a fair question to ask after watching the team game in and game out.What do you think they concentrated on in practice,NORMMMMM?[/quote]

I’ll go out on a limb and say, all of the above.

If we’ve fallen so far that Marshall is a lateral move, I’m going to slit my wrists and jump in the shower. Seriously.

I mean, I dont know if they’ve ever made the tourney (im sure they have at some point), but they have terrible facilities and oh by the way, HAVE YOU BEEN TO FREAKING HUNTINGTON, WV? I hate going there myself I can only imagine if I was an 18 yr old stud basketball player.

All that being said, I doubt that he would come here :p[/quote]

You’re probably talking specifically about basketball. But since they have football, I’d venture to guess their athletic budget is twice as much as our’s.

All that being said, I doubt that he would come here :p[/quote]

You’re probably talking specifically about basketball. But since they have football, I’d venture to guess their athletic budget is twice as much as our’s.[/quote]

Eh, I dont know. This article is dated back to 2008, but talks about their $$$ woes. Doesnt say what the bball coach got, other than its middle of the pack in CUSA, but the football coach made 153k base, 442k overall. I doubt their bball coach gets more.

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/sports/marshall/x1086329598

One name no one has brought up and would be a great coach. Rusty Larue at Wake Forest. Dino Guadio is on the hot seat at Wake as it is and if they choke in the first round of the tournament the seat will be even hotter next year. That being said, if we collapse at the end of next year why not bring him in he is young and is a very smart person. He was athletic director and basketball/football coach at Forsyth Country Day for years. Any opinions on this option?

O by the way did I mention he coached at Forsyth Country Day for all you Colby Lewis lovers? ;D

Most coaches (not all) will not schedule games against former fellow staff unless required to. The 49ers and UNCW had an unsigned contract prepared when Benny Moss got the Seahawks job. For a Duke-49ers game, it would be a one shot game (at Duke) beacuse Duke doesn’t travel except to MSG. That also means it would be a buy game and the A10 doesn’t allow its teams to accept such games.

[quote=“Niner9, post:57, topic:22704”]One name no one has brought up and would be a great coach. Rusty Larue at Wake Forest. Dino Guadio is on the hot seat at Wake as it is and if they choke in the first round of the tournament the seat will be even hotter next year. That being said, if we collapse at the end of next year why not bring him in he is young and is a very smart person. He was athletic director and basketball/football coach at Forsyth Country Day for years. Any opinions on this option?

O by the way did I mention he coached at Forsyth Country Day for all you Colby Lewis lovers? ;D[/quote]
Great guy, little college experience, one year at Greensboro College (10-15) as a head coach. On the other hand, he has also coached football so perhaps he could be a two-sport coach for cheap.

http://www.coacheshotseat.com/CoachesHotSeatCBSalariesContracts.htm

[quote=“Niner9, post:57, topic:22704”]One name no one has brought up and would be a great coach. Rusty Larue at Wake Forest. Dino Guadio is on the hot seat at Wake as it is and if they choke in the first round of the tournament the seat will be even hotter next year. That being said, if we collapse at the end of next year why not bring him in he is young and is a very smart person. He was athletic director and basketball/football coach at Forsyth Country Day for years. Any opinions on this option?

O by the way did I mention he coached at Forsyth Country Day for all you Colby Lewis lovers? ;D[/quote]

Can we stop with these ridiculous coaching candidates like Rusty LaRue or Rick Lewis. Some of you act like we are a friggin YMCA team, and you wonder why the program is in the state that it is.