if coach lutz leaves??

please answer with one name followed by one sentence worth of an explanation. keep it short and sweet.

here are some examples:

jay bilas
rick majeras
mike jarvis

p.s. this is not to push lutz out but just in case he leaves!!

Benny Moss

I thought the Memphis fans hated us???

You can scratch Jarvis off the list. He’s said on ESPN that he’d have take the Wizards job and leave college ball had the money been right.

Bilas has no experience. Neither did Mullins but that was a different time, I don’t think it would happen again.

[SIZE=2]WEAR GREEN[/SIZE]

Matt Doherty

[i]Originally posted by WorldCup[/i]@Feb 2 2005, 07:28 PM [b] Matt Doherty [/b]
oh God please no. im sick of people constantly suggesting him. he runs every program he joins into the ground.

i REALLY hope i never have to see Doherty on the sidelines coaching our team

I think Doherty is an excellent recruiting and very good game coach who has trouble connecting with his players on a personal level. Two years away from coaching has probably given him ample time to consider these things. Any program that hires him will see immediate positive results, bar no one.

[i]Originally posted by NinerLoudNProud[/i]@Feb 2 2005, 11:09 PM [b] I think Doherty is an excellent recruiting and very good game coach who has trouble connecting with his players on a personal level. Two years away from coaching has probably given him ample time to consider these things. Any program that hires him will see immediate positive results, bar no one. [/b]
he definitely is a very good recruiter, but he has shown that he can be a serious head case, and i dont want a coach that cant even talk to his own players

I understand Calipari is wanting to get out of Memphis. He could make us the next “Memphis of the Atlantic”.

Then we could refer to the Lutz years as the Good Ole Days.

B) B) B)

First off, Lutz is one of the nicest guys i met… I thought it was cool that he greeted ALL of us this morring in the camper line for tickets… I hope he will stay here forever… but If he had to leave… i would want the former Red Storm coach here aka Mike Jarvis… but Jarvis needs to work on disiplining players more

Jim Harrick or Dave Bliss.

Coach K, or maybe Jim Calhoun. I’m not sure if either of them are big enough for our school yet, though. I’m sick of these up and comers, we need a coach who will keep us at the level we’ve obtained for a while.

This thread is useless

[b]You can scratch Jarvis off the list. He's said on ESPN that he'd have take the Wizards job and leave college ball had the money been right.[/b]

You can also scratch him off the list since we already offered him the job once and he declined then went on to embarrass us publicly by saying that our new head coach should be Watkins.

Dean Smith or Bobby Knight… Is John Wooden still alive??? If so , hire him, he has had some success in the past.

Excellent points made about coaching in ACC/Big Four country by Caulton Tudor in the Raleigh News & Observer today.

[b]The uncomfortable truth is that State needs a great coach because programs in this area can't sneak up on anybody. There are no Utahs or Marquettes here. In North Carolina, good coaches survive for a while, but they never really flourish.

It’s somewhat like the American League East in baseball. If you aren’t the Yankees or the Red Sox, you’re a casting-call extra.[/b]

Sendek is on the clock, Raleigh News & Observer

[i]Originally posted by Chisox17+Feb 2 2005, 09:04 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (Chisox17 @ Feb 2 2005, 09:04 PM)

Mike Brey coached the ND team vs. the 49ers.

[i]Originally posted by HP49er[/i]@Feb 3 2005, 11:36 AM [b] Mike Brey coached the ND team vs. the 49ers.

[SIZE=2]WEAR GREEN[/SIZE] [/b]

my fault but they were DOGHS players who he recruited…

Doherty ran Notre Dame into the ground???

Last time I checked he carried the Irish to 22 wins in his first year which was the most wins they had seen in a decade. Not to mention, he knocked off 5 ranked teams that year. And he didn’t exactly send the Tarholes down the tubes when he took over that job. And that incredible UNC team that Roy has now? Matt’s recruits.

Hardly think he ran either program into the ground. He may be a former Tarhole but don’t hold that against his coaching accomplishments. I’d have no problem with him being our coach if Lutz opted to leave. Hope it doesn’t come to that but I can think of far worse options to replace him than Matt.