IF I HEAR NCSU IS THE HOTTER TEAM ONE MORE TIME...

They are 6-6 in their last 12, 6-4 in their last 10, and 2-2 in their last 4!!!

NCSU is the hotter team

Good point. state is terrible all those blowout losses they took in the last month to all those patsy teams. States terrible. You guys in a cakewalk :rolleyes:

This is what I just don’t get. So many “experts” and talking heads are talking like State is the favorite in this match up and a better team.

They finished 7-9 in their conference play. The only beat 1 ACC team in the regular season that’s in the tourney, GA Tech (who probably needed the run they had in the tournanment to get into the Dance.) People are gushing over how they beat a Chris Paul less Wake Forest. State was 2-5 in the regular season against ACC teams in the tourney, both wins coming over GA Tech. They were 3-7 overall against them with a win over La. La.

But you know what, this is how I like it. I like it when we’re under estimated and I like it when people fall into the ACC hype that leads them to believe that even though State is a mediocre basketball team they’ll beat us b/c they were in the ACC.

This was the best possible match up for our guys because they’re playing for something extra besides a win in the tournament. And because many people are writing us off that makes me even more sure that we will win tomorrow.

Screw the experts, GO NINERS!

yadda yadda ‘chris paulless wake’

how bout a bethel and collins less NCSU team that still trounced them. What if their starting center was out as well, it would have been embarrasing for them.

We swept GTech, Swept Maryland (who swept Duke), beat the snot out of VTech (who also beat duke and was a bubble team), and played UNC, DUKE, and WAKE down to the final minutes in our last stretch.

You guys are on a 3 game losing streak after going undefeated last month.

get over yourselves, NCSU is the hotter team. Still gonna be a good game.

[b]yadda yadda 'chris paulless wake'[/b]

Yep. You beat them without their best player. Thump your chest all you want about it but it’s still not impressive.

[b]We swept GTech, Swept Maryland (who swept Duke), beat the snot out of VTech (who also beat duke and was a bubble team), and played UNC, DUKE, and WAKE down to the final minutes in our last stretch.[/b]

You’re hanging you hat on sweeping Marlyand(who was swept by ClemPson) and beating VTech? The fact that VTech finished where they did shows just how over hyped your conference is. VTech was NEVER a bubble team. Teams with RPI’s in the 100’s aren’t bubble teams. The only people that thought so were ACC jock sniffers like Dukie V. You all needed a win over a Chris Paul less Wake to get in. The ACC deserved 4 and no more. You all got lucky.

[b]You guys are on a 3 game losing streak after going undefeated last month.[/b]

We lost on the road on Thursday to a UL team on senior night that could very well be in the Final Four. We then turned around and played ANOTHER senior night on the road barely 48 hours later and lost. We then lost to Memphis on their home floor. Yes, that’s not great, but I don’t think you have a full appreciation for how ready our guys will be for this game. We handed you your arse on your home floor a few years ago so clearly we’re not in awe of the almighty ACC.

[b]get over yourselves, NCSU is the hotter team.[/b]

Calling State the hotter team in this match up is like bragging about the fact that your girl is the thinnest one at a party full of 300 pounders or Fudge bragging about being the number 1 sports talk show in Charlotte.

[b]Yep. You beat them without their best player. Thump your chest all you want about it but it's still not impressive.[/b]

good job ignoring my point. they didnt have their starting point guard. we didnt have ours. nor did we have our center. And I believe the 16 point trouncing was impressive to the NCAA selection peeps, you know, the people who matter.

[b]You're hanging you hat on sweeping Marlyand and beating VTech? The fact that VTech finished where they did shows just how over hyped your conference is. VTech was NEVER a bubble team. Teams with RPI's in the 100's aren't bubble teams. The only people that thought so were ACC jock sniffers like Dukie V. You all needed a win over a Chris Paul less Wake to get in. The ACC deserved 4 and no more. You all got lucky. [/b]

I am hanging my hat on blowing out the ACC champs from last season and destroying a VTech team that was squarely on the bubble. Ask espn, cbs, anyone. VTech was on the bubble before we were.

[b]We lost on the road on Thursday to a UL team on senior night that could very well be in the Final Four. We then turned around and played ANOTHER senior night on the road barely 48 hours later and lost. We then lost to Memphis on their home floor. Yes, that's not great, but I don't think you have a full appreciation for how ready our guys will be for this game. We handed you your arse on your home floor a few years ago so clearly we're not in awe of the almighty ACC.[/b]

Yeah? we lost to Duke and Wake and UNC in our last few games, all seeded well ahead of UL. None of those were blowouts either. I DO have an appreciation for how ready you guys will be. I have never said this will be an easy game. its gonna be a nail biter.

a few years ago yes. not now, not gonna happen again. youre worse than old fart NCSU fans holding on to greatness from 20 years ago that noone cares about anymore. If you like history so much, eat this. NCSU 5-2 against UNCC. We arent scared of a school full of our engineering rejects. See, I can be nasty too.

[b]Calling State the hotter team in this match up is like bragging about the fact that your girl is the thinnest one at a party full of 300 pounders or Fudge bragging about being the number 1 sports talk show in Charlotte.[/b]

Afraid not. Calling State the hotter team is just a fact. Our game play is up, yours is down. our record is up, yours is down. We come in playing some of our best ball, you come in playing some of your worst. Its not rocket science. :rolleyes:

[b]good job ignoring my point. they didnt have their starting point guard. we didnt have ours. nor did we have our center. [/b]

You’re comparing not having your PG to Wake not having Chris Paul? You really are out to lunch.

[b] I am hanging my hat on blowing out the ACC champs from last season and destroying a VTech team that was squarely on the bubble. Ask espn, cbs, anyone. VTech was on the bubble before we were.[/b]

Wow, you blew out a team that lost to ClemPson 3 times this year. Well I change my mind, you are world beaters. :rolleyes:

VAtech was never on the bubble with the selection commt. Teams with RPI’s above 100 simply DO NOT get in. It was all hype.

[b]a few years ago yes. not now, not gonna happen again. youre worse than old fart NCSU fans holding on to greatness from 20 years ago that noone cares about anymore. If you like history so much, eat this. NCSU 5-2 against UNCC. We arent scared of a school full of our engineering rejects. See, I can be nasty too.[/b]

You should be scared because it’s the kind of attitude you’re flaunting here that fuels the fire of our team and our fans.

As far as engineering rejects, you’re just jealous because we don’t offer cow tipping for you to major in and State did.

[b]Afraid not. Calling State the hotter team is just a fact. Our game play is up, yours is down. our record is up, yours is down. We come in playing some of our best ball, you come in playing some of your worst. Its not rocket science.[/b]

Your record is up? Oooooo, pardon me while I cringe in fear.

Keep thinking you’re assured victory. It will be a rude awakening for you come tomorrow.

If both teams play as well as they are capable, we win. The only way you beat us is if we don’t show up mentally.

[i]Originally posted by LokkenNCSU[/i]@Mar 17 2005, 12:45 PM [b] We arent scared of a school full of our engineering rejects. [/b]
I'm an engineering major who got offered a scholarship to State and here. I turned State down because this school impressed me more, jackass. It's always nice to see reasons I made the right decision though :D

Wrong sport, but this team is WAAAAAYYYY HOTTER:

While we’re on the topic of rejects, at least you NC State fans were finally smart enough to realize you’re supposed to argue with us, not amongst yourselves when on our board. :ph34r:

[i]Originally posted by trombonedrew+Mar 17 2005, 12:04 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (trombonedrew @ Mar 17 2005, 12:04 PM)
[b]I was accepted at both schools as well[/b]

Same goes for me, all you have to do is go to states campus and see that its a pile of shit, from the engineering buidlings, to the dorms with no AC, plus raleigh has no night life. Charlotte has the nicer school, nicer dorms and more things to do.

Have the experts noticed that state is the LOWER seed, has to be a reason for that. BTW, also accepted at both schools, just had to get out of raleigh after 16 years, best decision I ever made.

[b]You're comparing not having your PG to Wake not having Chris Paul? You really are out to lunch. [/b]

explain to me why this isnt a fair comparison. Im not saying our PG is better than Paul, but they both fill the same roll. If anything, wake not having paul and us not having our point and wake getting trounced speaks poorly for wake, not us.

[b]VAtech was never on the bubble with the selection commt. Teams with RPI's above 100 simply DO NOT get in. It was all hype. [/b]

well then you better tell all of the professionals in the field including lunardi over at espn who is scary right in his bracketology. I also didnt realize you were on the committe. Im glad I know you now.

[b]You should be scared because it's the kind of attitude you're flaunting here that fuels the fire of our team and our fans.

As far as engineering rejects, you’re just jealous because we don’t offer cow tipping for you to major in and State did.[/b]

Im not scared. Its a basketball game. It will be a good one and either team an win. It speaks volumes that the only insult you can come up with involves cows :blink:

[b]Your record is up? Oooooo, pardon me while I cringe in fear.

Keep thinking you’re assured victory. It will be a rude awakening for you come tomorrow.[/b]

:rolleyes: I dont want you to cringe in fear, but yet our record is up and yours is down. It just shows we are hotter coming into the game. I havent made any kind of claim on if it will continue or not, nor have I EVER said it was an assured victory. In fact, if you would bother reading(they teach that at UNCC?) you will notice that I am well aware this game is going to be a tough one.

[b]BTW, also accepted at both schools, just had to get out of raleigh after 16 years, best decision I ever made. [/b]

I honestly am not here to make fun of your school. I dont know anything about your engineering program I am just going off of stereotypes in light hearted jabs

[b]explain to me why this isnt a fair comparison.[/b]

Let’s see, Chris Paul is arguably the best PG in the country. Your’s is well, not. That’s why. Adjusting to losing an also ran PG as opposed to adjusting to losing the best in the country isn’t exactly apples to apples.

[b]well then you better tell all of the professionals in the field including lunardi over at espn who is scary right in his bracketology.[/b]

Lunardi had Va Tech as out for the last 4 or 5 weeks of the season. Those who didn’t were going on past history where 8-8 in the ACC got you in. VaTech didn’t fit that bill because their RPI was over 100 and they beat exactly no one in OOC play. They were never getting in.

[b]Im not scared. Its a basketball game. It will be a good one and either team an win. It speaks volumes that the only insult you can come up with involves cows :blink: [/b]

I can come up with plenty more, that’s just the most applicable one so far.

[b]nor have I EVER said it was an assured victory. [/b]

Really?

[b]a few years ago yes. [b]not now, not gonna happen again.[/b][/b]

They teach reading at unc-r?

[b]explain to me why this isnt a fair comparison. Im not saying our PG is better than Paul, but they both fill the same roll. If anything, wake not having paul and us not having our point and wake getting trounced speaks poorly for wake, not us.[/b]

Here’s my take on the difference… In the offense you guys run, the PG spot is not as important as it would be in other offenses. To me it just says that the players you were missing weren’t as important to your team or are possibly average players that could be replaced in the line-up. I say this because if Wake and State are at full strength on a neutral court, I feel they beat you guys much more often than not.

[b]well then you better tell all of the professionals in the field including lunardi over at espn who is scary right in his bracketology[/b]

Per Lunardi…

[b]LAST FOUR OUT Notre Dame Maryland Saint Joseph's UAB

NEXT FOUR OUT
DePaul
Miami (OH)
Memphis
Holy Cross[/b]

Like you said, it ain’t rocket science. B)

I dont care whos hotter now, just whos hotter tomorrow.

Hope our guys decide to show up this time.

[b]Like you said, it ain't rocket science. [/b]

you do realize that changes weekly dont you?