If the A10 Tourney ever comes to Charlotte...

ā€¦I have a dreamā€¦that it gets as much coverage in the O, before, during and after the games as this is getting this year and it got last year >>> http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/sports/colleges/ciaa/

:wink:

This little scenario brings to light the fact that we are in the wrong conference. Since no school in our conference is within a 4 hour drive and they are all (except for the other CUSA reject) based in the northeast, we will most likely never see that tourney. But hey, we get the NCAA tourney. Thatā€™s cool! :thumbsup:

[QUOTE=ChevEE;220547]Since no school in our conference is within a 4 hour drive and they are all (except for the other CUSA reject) based in the northeast, we will most likely never see that tourney.[/QUOTE]

ChevEE,

The last time I checked:

A) Richmond, VA is not in the northeast

B) Washington, DC is not in the northeast

C) Cincinnati, OH is not in the northeast

D) Dayton, OH is not in the northeast

And, of course, as you have already noted

E) Charlotte, NC

and

F) St. Louis, MO

are definitely not in the northeast! :smile:

The CIAA tournament is a completely different animal than the A-10 Tournament. CIAA not only brings in fans who attend the school or the fans who went to the school but also the family of the alumni or students. The CIAA has been compared to one HUGE family reunion. Fans come to Charlotte even if they donā€™t have tickets. The A-10 tournament could not even compare. I do like the Xavier, Charlotte advertisement on the side for the ESPNU game from earlier this month. THe green adds a good color to the site.

First, I have to disagree that Washington isnā€™t in the Northeast, because someone from NYC could drive there nearly twice as fast as someone from Charlotte. Itā€™s 2/3rds closer to Philadelphia than Charlotte.

That point aside, Bonaventure, X, Dayton, SLU are going to have to fly to every place in the league except Pittsburgh, so you take them out of the equation right away. Charlotte would fly everywhere except Richmond. Again, out of the equation.

Then you consider Duquesne, URI, UMass, Fordham, Saint Joeā€™s, GW, La Salle, Temple comprise over half of the league that can drive to any other of those schools or big cities in the Northeast. Since you already threw out all the other teams in the league because they must fly anyhow ā€¦ you are left to cater to the eight schools all within 3-4 hours of one another.

Itā€™s not leaving the Northeast.

This would be the worst place to host the A-10 tournamentā€¦no-brainer

Hopefully AC works out well. Iā€™d like to go to a tourney there, but canā€™t do it this year.

If UMASS or Xavier and a Philly area school make the finals, I think attendance will be good enough to keep putting it there.

It will come to Charlotte the year we finish last and donā€™t make the tourney

You know, I thought about this today as I though about the ACC in Greensboroā€¦

before i really even thought about it i said no. fortunately or unfortunately weā€™r in ACC country. I dont know a lot about it, but I cant personally remember the ACC tourney being anywhere outside of North Carolina. The likelyhood of fans going to both tournaments is very low - therefor I think it wont happen. There isnt enough of a pull for anyone in the A10 anywhere around here.

[QUOTE=zerogeneticsdc1;220720]You know, I thought about this today as I though about the ACC in Greensboroā€¦

before i really even thought about it i said no. fortunately or unfortunately weā€™r in ACC country. I dont know a lot about it, but I cant personally remember the ACC tourney being anywhere outside of North Carolina. The likelyhood of fans going to both tournaments is very low - therefor I think it wont happen. There isnt enough of a pull for anyone in the A10 anywhere around here.[/QUOTE]

Itā€™s been held several times in Atlanta and I think its been held in DC? or somewhere in Maryland or Virginia. Its been held in Tallahassee, FL I believe. This year its being held in Tampa, FL so it isnā€™t like Greensboro, NC or Charlotte, NC owns the ACC Tournament.

Okay since you canā€™t seem to remember (which I donā€™t blame you) Iā€™ve got a list of locations of the ACC Tournament outside of NC.

I think its been held in DC?

Correctā€¦ MCI Center.