If the basketball gods had come to you on November 1, 2007 and said...

"We will grant you wins this season over Wake Forest and Clemson, but you must lose to Monmouth and Hofstra."
Would you have taken the deal? Why or why not? Discuss.

Ummm… I did…

"We will grant you wins this season over Wake Forest and Clemson, but you must lose to Monmouth and Hofstra." Would you have taken the deal? Why or why not? Discuss.
Yes, the pub we're getting for winning at Clemson would be worth it. Plus, I think it comes close to even for our rpi, the only difference being the neutral (monmouth) vs home (WF) games, since both hofstra and clemson are road games. On top of this, those two teams are local and compete directly with us for recruits and we have to deal with their fans, so it's nice to be able to point out that we beat them.

Good question. Those that are running “what if” scenarios should run our rpi given this circumstance…

Maybe cptn can put Wake and Clemson as L’s and Hofstra and Monmouth as W’s and see where we would have been. Might be interesting.

"We will grant you wins this season over Wake Forest and Clemson, but you must lose to Monmouth and Hofstra." Would you have taken the deal? Why or why not? Discuss.

I would’ve told them give us wins against Hofstra and Monmouth, and we’ll take care of Clemson and Wake ourselves.

[QUOTE=Submarley734;285085]I would’ve told them give us wins against Hofstra and Monmouth, and we’ll take care of Clemson and Wake ourselves.[/QUOTE]

:thumbsup: Nice!

[QUOTE=49er1;285075]"We will grant you wins this season over Wake Forest and Clemson, but you must lose to Monmouth and Hofstra."
Would you have taken the deal? Why or why not? Discuss.[/QUOTE]

NO, HELL NO, TRIPLE HELL NO- WE HAVE A BETTER PROGRAM THAN WFU AND CLEMSON.

NO EXCUSES- MY INTRAMURAL TEAM COULD BEAT HOFSTRA AND MONMOUTH, BUT THEY DID HAVE ME.