If you made our OOC schedule....

Just for fun…
Lets say you were given the power to pick which teams we play for our OOC schedule. Who would you pick, if every team you chose would definitely play us, no questions asked? One catch though, cant pick any ACC teams, because that makes it too easy (we all know that we want the tar heels, blue devils, puppy pack, F$U ect.) so pick from the other conferences…

I would choose…

Exhibitions: Pfeiffer and Queens

Arizona - I was so excited thinking we were gonna play them this year.
Alabama - Two words: Gee, and Weber.
Davidson - This game is a must.
App State - I loved whipping their ass last year, I cant stand their fans.
South Carolina - Another ass kicking for the SEC
Illinois - Revenge game for the tourney a few years ago.
Indiana - High profile game, and we may as well keep the series going.
UNCA - Easy W, and I hate Beidenbach with a passion, so beating them is fun.
Texas Tech - Bobby Knight comes to Halton, gets a lesson from the REAL Bobby
UNCW - Most likely a fairly easy win, but they wont drag down our RPI

Thats ten games, and if we had room for an 11th I guess I would throw in another easy W, like UNCG, Wofford, Western Carolina or NCA&T, since the rest of the schedule is pretty rough

Who would you pick??

Davidson - good cross county rivalry
Any NC ACC Team or Georgia Tech - for notoriety and recruting purposes.
UNCW - would be fun, way better roadtrip than ECU
GW - Their team is supposed to be really great this year, plus I want payback
Alabama - We owe them.
Indiana - We REALLY owe them (hold on to a lead for once guys!!!).
Wisconsin or Wisconsin-GB - It would be nice to let Sager go home for a game.
Kentucky or Florida - Either one would be a big name game, and it would be nice to get revenge on Florida.
App State or UNCA - Another patsie in state.
A top half Big XII school - TTU would work, I’d like to get bob knight in halton (although I’d be scared for my life).

[i]Originally posted by Chisox17[/i]@Sep 1 2004, 12:31 PM [b] UNCW - Most likely a fairly easy win, but they wont drag down our RPI

[/b]

Ain’t no way this is a fairly easy win!

Exhibition: Queens - they probably could’ve beaten us 2 years ago

Davidson - I hate them so much.
UConn - We beat the defending national champ last year, so why not?
Wake Forest- A classy ACC team with a lot of studs - good test before conference play
Virginia Tech- Remember us, Seth? Easy win vs. major conference.
Indiana - I want them at Halton again.
Colorado - Revenge for 02-03.
UNC Asheville - As long as Biedenbach keeps voting for us in the polls…
College of Charleston - Fun road trip, or appealing home game.
Tennessee - See CofC remark.
Winthrop - Marshall is a prick and must be beaten.
N.C. A&T - Gotta have a blowout somewhere on the slate.

How bout Oklahoma? I think that they are fairly overrated and they seem to snag our recruits. Also Clemson or FSU while were talking about grabbing recruits( I know I’m breaking the ACC rule, but these teams could very likely be scheduled.) Finally Alabama, not only for recruits but for sweet, sweet revenge. We can show all these schools to stick to football, 'cuz all we’ve got is basketball.

I’d like to see us play Notre Dame.
How’d that be for some sweet revenge?

Exhibitions: Pfeiffer and Johnson C. Smith

Arizona – weenies!!!
Syracuse – return game in Halton
@ George Washington – don’t want to wait til 2005-06 for payback!
LSU
Alabama
@ Davidson – gotta keep the “Brain” at UNCC
Georgia
South Carolina (hmmm…that’s 4 SEC games!)
@ Indiana
@ Stanford
@ California (these last 2 much better for RPI than Cable Car lineup if Lutz wants West Coast/Bay Area trip!)

Wow, that’s a Temple-like schedule…

BTW, Power, Sager gets a “home” game on January 22 when we play Marquette in Milwaukee.

How about a preview of another A-10 team this year. (Other than GW)One home or away game with St. Joes, Xavier, or Dayton.
I’d also like to see us and Winthrop.

[i]Originally posted by DownwithNBA[/i]@Sep 1 2004, 01:09 PM [b] How bout Oklahoma? I think that they are fairly overrated and they seem to snag our recruits. [/b]
I cant believe I forgot Oklahoma, I would definitely love to see that game

I thought we would forever see GW on our schedule. I guess we’d have them @ Halton this season. Syracuse NEVER leaves NY State until Big East play begins, so we’d have to go there, I’m sure they’d rather not have to play us again! rutgers is a decent Big East game…maybe Pitt or Providence when we get into the A-10.
It would have been good to get some A-10 games this year…Rhode Island, GW, Richmond is just up 95, or St. Bonnaventure if we were going to Cuse again.
We should always play an ACC team…Virginia, Wake, NC State…i know Duke & Carolina are afraid to lose recruits, so they wont play us either. SEC- South Carolina should ALWAYS be on our schedule, maybe someone like Tenn, or Vandy. Not great teams, but in a quality conference & thats what its all about, right? Davidson, App St., UNC-W, UNC-A, or UNC-G should ALWAYS be on our schedule too. It keeps the in state rivalry thing going. I though we were going to Arizona too…what happened? As long as we’re going out west, why not get in a game with some real competition? Stanford, Pepperdine, Arizona St., I’ll bet there will be lots of empty seats @ the Cable Car Classic…aside from Charlotte, that lineup is weak! yale?

We use to be known as a ‘commuter’ school, so did two other famous bball programs, can you guess them ? bet you can’t; UCLA and Maryland.

So call it the former Commuter school classic; UCLA, Charlotte, Maryland and one more not sure who else was known as a commuter school, Miami ?.

Also, we need to play in the regional major cities every year, i.e, DC and Atlanta.

I think this year’s scheduele is ok, just one or two too many cream puffs. We need to hope Santa Clara takes care of business (and hope Santa Clara has a good RPI this year). The other issue is can the other teams on our schedule be relied upon to have good RPI’s this year. Several of them have good (>125 rpi) years and then bad years (sub 150).

If Santa Clara takes care of business and has a decent RPI then we have (using last years RPI numbers)

1 < 50 game
3 < 100 games
4 < 150 games
3 > 200 games

I’d like to trade one of the 3 games with teams with an over 200 RPI and play a team in the RPI top 25.

I’d drop LBSU and insert Missouri so we could take on Watkins.

That would give us a more balanced schedule .

I think with this schedule we are hoping several teams still play well and finish with good RPI’s (i.e Lou.-Laf; Rutgers; Georgia State).

All of the teams above could end up with sub 100 RPI’s with two of them sub 150. That would really kill our SOS rating. If that happens we could end up with only two games against teams with RPI’s better than 100 (Alabama and Indiana). It would be nice to trade one of those games to play a team that is more consistant.

[i]Originally posted by run49er[/i]@Sep 1 2004, 01:45 PM [b] BTW, Power, Sager gets a "home" game on January 22 when we play Marquette in Milwaukee. [/b]
So, uh, that's what a brain fart feels like?
[i]Originally posted by amnesiac[/i]@Sep 1 2004, 05:59 PM [b] So call it the former Commuter school classic; UCLA, Charlotte, Maryland and one more not sure who else was known as a commuter school, Miami ?. [/b]
Cincinnati is a pretty big commuter school.
[i]Originally posted by bhaley29[/i]@Sep 1 2004, 02:26 PM [b]I though we were going to Arizona too....what happened?

I’ll bet there will be lots of empty seats @ the Cable Car Classic.[/b]

Lute Olson didn’t want to play us, so there’s no game.

Here’s the Leavey Center at Santa Clara:

BTW, Mississippi State is on our OOC schedule for 2005-06.

[QUOTE]BTW, Mississippi State is on our OOC schedule for 2005-06.[QUOTE]

They will be on it up to the time when their coach and AD loose their nads and back out.

Where is the cable car classic, downtown ?

A Bay Area Niner friend of mine said it’s been played at the Santa Clara activity center which holds around 4k, and HP Pavilion where the SJ Sharks play. I’m planning on heading out to this, so as information comes available I’ll post it.

The Cable Car Classic is played in the Leavey Center on the Santa Clara University campus. Seats 5,000.

Link: Leavey Center

Link: 2004 Cable Car Classic

how about this for a nice OOC game…

Niners 94
Vanderblt 65

Plav goes nuts and scores 36 on Vandy’s home floor in front of his former coach. Hits 11 of 16 threes, and even gets a dunk off of a wide open fast break.

:smiley: