I'll be the one to say it. Good job Judy

It was a good risk hire. Former NBA AllStar with kids recruit aged and AAU connections. Did he ever get a technical? Did he ever seem genuinely enthusiastic? Price ran our program in the ground and deserved to be fired. Brad had a startup program with a quick jump. Horrible results but I can see anotger year. Price CANT coach give Houston a reasonable chance to turnaround.

Are you going to increase your 49er Club donation to help pay for his $1.5 million buyout?

1.5 million is nothing.

Ran the program in the ground? This generally discredits anything else you had to say. Price was lucky to have the success that he did have with what players he was left with.

As for technicals being used to judge ones enthusiasm well that is about the most asinine thing anyone could say. Coach K has received one technical in the past three seasons as had Roy Williams. Successful coaches don’t go out getting technicals called on them often.

I watched Price show plenty of enthusiasm and frustration with the play of his teams. Whether he was successful or not begs to differ but nothing I saw warranted firing him mid-season especially after retaining a coach who was 1-11 and teams showed on numerous occasions a lack of any discipline!

Ran the program in the ground? This generally discredits anything else you had to say. Price was lucky to have the success that he did have with what players he was left with.

As for technicals being used to judge ones enthusiasm well that is about the most asinine thing anyone could say. Coach K has received one technical in the past three seasons as had Roy Williams. Successful coaches don’t go out getting technicals called on them often.

I watched Price show plenty of enthusiasm and frustration with the play of his teams. Whether he was successful or not begs to differ but nothing I saw warranted firing him mid-season especially after retaining a coach who was 1-11 and teams showed on numerous occasions a lack of any discipline![/quote]

K probably deserved a lot more with the F bombs he drops on the officials.

I wasn’t impressed by Price but think he should have at least gotten the whole season to coach. My concern is that we finish decent and she keeps Francher as coach.

I respect your opinion, but mine differs. This is a March fire to me. His son plays for him, daughter coaches here, and he is a well known hall of fame athlete. The circus that this has stirred up shows why Judy is so inept at leadership…she is clueless. If you fire him at the end of a horrible year, folks say, well he didn’t make it, it happens. Or you ask if he will pull a Drexler and resign. But you don’t fire the man now, with Fancher on the bench. We know what he is, and it won’t be any better than Price.

D.O.B.A.

I actually hope Fancher does a really good job that warrants consideration for the job. His bio shows he has potential but he clearly was not having a positive influence on Price.

Judy mismanaged this situation just like she has mismanaged the last 12+ years of 49er athletics. This was a desperate move to save face and misdirect from her ineptness. The fact that you are debating Price instead of her is exactly what she wants.

No AD anywhere should survive the number of bad coaching hires, bad decisions, and lack of accountability, vision, and standards that she has displayed.

#FireJudyRose

Price was awful. Timing of this firing was awful. However, price was getting fired at end of season. He was horrible.

The ONLY good thing about this is we get a chance to see what Fancher can do after taking over almost halfway through the season. The odds are stacked against him, but if he can rally the troops and have a respectable season, I may ok with retaining him at least until Judy is gone.

You are a bad fan if you don’t know Fancher can outcoach Price.

mvp just quit so…

A 3-6 team doesn’t have a MVP

Terrible decision.

#FireJudyRose

#TerribleResponse

Judy doesn’t get applause for firing a coach she never should have hired to begin with. The timing makes it even worse. We are a clown show and are getting what we deserve online and in the media.

At some schools yes, but not this one. Part of what is screwing us is that we keep paying for guys not to coach us. Bobby, Major and now Price. If we could break that cycle we could pony up some real money for a legit coach. Instead Judy keeps tying our hands with her decision making.

Price should have finished out the season. He likely was going to resign with a much less negotiated buyout. This team isn’t going to make the NCAAS barring a miracle and just lost its #2 player. Team maybe be slightly better or just as bad with no success likely. So basically it cost us over 1.5M to keep sucking and make our next hire just as challenging.

At some schools yes, but not this one. Part of what is screwing us is that we keep paying for guys not to coach us. Bobby, Major and now Price. If we could break that cycle we could pony up some real money for a legit coach. Instead Judy keeps tying our hands with her decision making.

Price should have finished out the season. He likely was going to resign with a much less negotiated buyout. This team isn’t going to make the NCAAS barring a miracle and just lost its #2 player. Team maybe be slightly better or just as bad with no success likely. So basically it cost us over 1.5M to keep sucking and make our next hire just as challenging.[/quote]

clt says this is correct. The three options:

Fire now- pay all of the money, lose Hudson, team stinks
Fire end of season- negotiate buyout, team mutiny, team stinks
Extend- very dumb, team continues to stink

Price should have finished out the season. He likely was going to resign with a much less negotiated buyout. This team isn’t going to make the NCAAS barring a miracle and just lost its #2 player. Team maybe be slightly better or just as bad with no success likely. So basically it cost us over 1.5M to keep sucking and make our next hire just as challenging. [/quote]

I’d argue we just made it a lot more challenging.

AD so bad it’s making national waves AND a short leash… yikes.