I'm declaring the Mark Price experiment...

…a failure. He has not a clue how to coach. Great player, awful coach.

At this point, I agree. Our team should be competitive at year 3 for Mark Price. We got beaten by 15 by Favidson, who aren’t great themselves this season.

Let’s just clean house. Start completely over. Every Niner team is a dumpster fire.

Its likely a bust but he wont be going anywhere for a while. So he better start really improving his recruiting if he wants to cover up his coaching issues.

May have to agree. Sounds awful and stagnant in post game interviews too. This team stinks and doesn’t play hard.

Do we feed our sports teams tranquilizers before games? No energy on the football field or basketball court.

I gave him 5 years when he started. He is in year 3 now and we are seeing no improvement and another pasting at the hands of Favidson…I’m leaning towards the experiment being a failure as well…

I think we fired a guy who was a decent coach for a coach that was a bad coach then fired him for a former basketball player who doesn’t know how to coach.

This team was supposed to be turning the corner. A full roster and size. We just aren’t any good.

[quote=“NinerWupAss, post:7, topic:31219”]I think we fired a guy who was a decent coach for a coach that was a bad coach then fired him for a former basketball player who doesn’t know how to coach.

This team was supposed to be turning the corner. A full roster and size. We just aren’t any good.[/quote]It’s been awhile, but why was the guy with a 19 win season fired?

He didn’t get along with the crazy lady that’s in charge…

I’ve said this in football threads and I’ll come to bat for price.

It’s impossible to properly evaluate coaches within this athletic department. In the words of s9er “our coaches bring a strongly worded letter to a gun fight”

He might be the next Brad Stevens and we’d never know.

[quote=“NinerWupAss, post:7, topic:31219”]I think we fired a guy who was a decent coach for a coach that was a bad coach then fired him for a former basketball player who doesn’t know how to coach.

This team was supposed to be turning the corner. A full roster and size. We just aren’t any good.[/quote]

Hindsight being 20/20…wish we would have never fired the decent coach.

Would take him back in a millisecond right now and sign him to a lifetime contract.

A lot of new parts trying to come together. Id like to see what he does with this group as the season moves on

With Price saying players are not playing with intensity, then I say give the mins to the kids that want to play hard. The outcome can’t be any worse.

Unfortunately I think he might not be a good coach…BUT…Judy has let this program fall so far, due to her lack of insight and marketing, that maybe our coaches just can’t recruit because of it. If it was just one or two sports, yes that’s coaching. But it’s every damn sport we participate in. We aren’t successful in any!

From sitting close to the bench, Proce tells them the right things, the players just don’t execute worth a crap. It’s a lack of hustle and fundamentals. Totally dumbfounding

Actually, he couldn’t get along with her boss. And…his wife could cuss like a sailor.

Playing Austin A was mind blowing. Kid needs to take a seat on the bench and not get up.

Yes it’s all on Judy but I’m thinking maybe Mark is another in a long list of great player last that don’t make great coaches.

[quote=“NinerWupAss, post:16, topic:31219”]Playing Austin A was mind blowing. Kid needs to take a seat on the bench and not get up.

Yes it’s all on Judy but I’m thinking maybe Mark is another in a long list of great player last that don’t make great coaches.[/quote]

I think you may be right with that last part. If so, we need to be really careful with our next hire. I was ok with Price when it happened, I thought it was worth the risk. Part of that was nostalgia from growing up watching him as a kid. But if one day he is fired, we need to make a great hire, or we are done

I’m pretty pessimistic, but at this point you give Price a chance to make something of all these new guys and see how the season turns out. It does take time to rebuild after a coaching disaster like the last two years of Major, but it sure would be nice to see some kind of positive indicators, like some recruiting wins, improvement from one year to the next, a big win, even a top-half conference finish. Price has very few, if any, real positives signs to point to so far.

The program is definitely in the depths right now. I hope this is rock bottom. We desperately need a change in leadership at this point, a fresh vision and willingness to change. Though it may be too late to rebuild without a miracle. It’s a shame, this program had a lot of potential with the revamped campus, the growing city, and the previous success. It’s been mostly downhill since the 2nd half of our last NCAA game.

[quote=“KTown49er, post:11, topic:31219”][quote=“NinerWupAss, post:7, topic:31219”]I think we fired a guy who was a decent coach for a coach that was a bad coach then fired him for a former basketball player who doesn’t know how to coach.

This team was supposed to be turning the corner. A full roster and size. We just aren’t any good.[/quote]

Would take him back in a millisecond right now and sign him to a lifetime contract.[/quote]

People are still crying about Bobby ? He choked away a Big Dance opportunity. 19 wins or not, he wasn’t the right fit anymore. We hadn’t made the NCAA tournament in years. Change was needed then, as it is most definitely needed now

[quote=“GreenWhite13, post:19, topic:31219”][quote=“KTown49er, post:11, topic:31219”][quote=“NinerWupAss, post:7, topic:31219”]I think we fired a guy who was a decent coach for a coach that was a bad coach then fired him for a former basketball player who doesn’t know how to coach.

Would take him back in a millisecond right now and sign him to a lifetime contract.[/quote]

People are still crying about Bobby ? He choked away a Big Dance opportunity. 19 wins or not, he wasn’t the right fit anymore. We hadn’t made the NCAA tournament in years. Change was needed then, as it is most definitely needed now[/quote]

We were in the conversation for the NCAA his last season and were one win away from easily making the NIT. We aren’t even sniffing the NIT anymore. Bobby was the face of Charlotte basketball and we cut off our face. That move gutted our program and we’ve never been the same.