I'm just asking politely

Is there any mention of the Hofstra game in today’s Observer? I see nothing online (at the moment).

Oh yeah…bit feature story (4C) on Alexander and of course the little Gameday capsule.

Niners are laying 1.5 points btw…

Edit: I don’t see it online either HP but it’s in print. Maybe it will be up in a bit or Mike P can provide the link. Really nice piece on DA by Utter.

It's my last year. It's either 'win or go home' for me. You're always remembered by your last year and I do not want to go to the NIT again," Alexander said. "I know we're going to surprise people. Nobody knows what we have. They don't know how hard we work. We're so like a family. "

HP, the blurb about the game in the printed Observer doesn’t amount to much. Yes, there is a profile of De’Angelo and from it we learn he committed plagarism at OU and that he misses his daughter, but there’s no connection between it and today’s game.

Still the same Big O - kissing ACC ass and that’s about it. :rolleyes:

GO NINERS!!!

[QUOTE=run49er;197891]HP, the blurb about the game in the printed Observer doesn’t amount to much. Yes, there is a profile of De’Angelo and from it we learn he committed plagarism at OU and that he misses his daughter, but there’s no connection between it and today’s game.

GO NINERS!!![/QUOTE]

The hammer hits the nail on the head.

The sad part is that this is actually a pretty big game too.

Why does just about every other newspaper in the country do a pregame article on the hometown team except for ours? Those who sometimes wonder where our fans are need to keep this in mind.

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;197909]Why does just about every other newspaper in the country do a pregame article on the hometown team except for ours? [/QUOTE]

You seem like a smart person (besides the outstanding educational background). I’m sure you don’t need my help in answering this question.

I found Mr. Utter’s story online…I had look under “Local News - University City” link. Also, if you took the time to look under “Sports” and then go to “Colleges” you could find it.

The main sports page is overrun with Calvin Brock, Jake Delhomme (who doesn’t play until Monday) and Scott May (a 6th man on a team that got blown out by Seattle, last night).

Oh wait, there’s an “Inside Sports” box…I almost missed this…lets see here…and take the oneliners in order…

Bobcats searching for answers…Lowe has successful debut…Tar Heels looking for answers…Gordon’s good roll continues…Hopewells expectations are nearly through the roof…oh my gosh…the Niners actually get a oneliner…

I just don’t understand why anyone would complain about print media coverage for the 49ers in Charlotte. All you need is about 45 minutes to search for the information…and 5 minutes to read the info.

Not everyother city in the country sits next to the powerhouse that is Tobacco Road… I agree with you totally, but geographically the Observer wants to sell up that way, and how do you go about that? Write about the ACC… if you think that’s bad I’m from Central VA just north of Richmond and even when UVA and UR had decent teams like 5 years ago there was still more written about UNC, Duke, and Maryland.

You seem like a smart person (besides the outstanding educational background). I'm sure you don't need my help in answering this question.

I found Mr. Utter’s story online…I had look under “Local News - University City” link. Also, if you took the time to look under “Sports” and then go to “Colleges” you could find it.

The main sports page is overrun with Calvin Brock, Jake Delhomme (who doesn’t play until Monday) and Scott May (a 6th man on a team that got blown out by Seattle, last night).

Oh wait, there’s an “Inside Sports” box…I almost missed this…lets see here…and take the oneliners in order…

Bobcats searching for answers…Lowe has successful debut…Tar Heels looking for answers…Gordon’s good roll continues…Hopewells expectations are nearly through the roof…oh my gosh…the Niners actually get a oneliner…

I just don’t understand why anyone would complain about print media coverage for the 49ers in Charlotte. All you need is about 45 minutes to search for the information…and 5 minutes to read the info.

you mean 30 seconds? you’d have to be unable to read to not be able to read that little of information in 30 seconds

[QUOTE=the daxified one;197928]you mean 30 seconds? you’d have to be unable to read to not be able to read that little of information in 30 seconds[/QUOTE]

My bad.

Of course, the title of this thread had the word “polite” in it…so maybe, I got caught thinking too much about that word.

Upon further review of the charlotte.com website, I’ve learned 2 new things…

1. They are bias towards the ACC, not just the Tarholes.
  2. They are actively pursuing the Spartanburg, SC sports market.

Why else would the NC State-Wofford game be the lead story today under College Hoops? It’s not like there is D1 basketball today IN CHARLOTTE?

Uh…oh yeah…THERE IS D1 basketball in Charlotte today…there is NO EXCUSE for the Observer & their sports coverage.

Of course, some of them may still believe that the school is in Newell, NC.

My bad.

Of course, the title of this thread had the word “polite” in it…so maybe, I got caught thinking too much about that word.

Upon further review of the charlotte.com website, I’ve learned 2 new things…

1. They are bias towards the ACC, not just the Tarholes.
  2. They are actively pursuing the Spartanburg, SC sports market.

Why else would the NC State-Wofford game be the lead story today under College Hoops? It’s not like there is D1 basketball today IN CHARLOTTE?

Uh…oh yeah…THERE IS D1 basketball in Charlotte today…there is NO EXCUSE for the Observer & their sports coverage.

Of course, some of them may still believe that the school is in Newell, NC.

nice save haha

[QUOTE=SilvioDante;197932]
[/QUOTE]

But WAIT !!!

I thought Mike P has explained to us that his newspaper does NOT do pre-game articles. :rolleyes:

Now, for the polite part… It is nice they did an article on DA. I guess that makes up for not informing the city of Charlotte about a match-up between CHARLOTTE’s team against a potential top 25 team this year.

But WAIT !!!

I thought Mike P has explained to us that his newspaper does NOT do pre-game articles. :rolleyes:

Now, for the polite part… It is nice they did an article on DA. I guess that makes up for not informing the city of Charlotte about a match-up between CHARLOTTE’s team against a potential top 25 team this year.

we might be wrong about which team out there on the court is a potential top 25…

[QUOTE=run49er;197891]Still the same Big O - kissing ACC ass and that’s about it. :rolleyes:

GO NINERS!!![/QUOTE]

YOU ARE SOOOOO WRONG OL’ DUDE!! I BEG to differ. It’s more like a looooong sloooow, continous lick.

[QUOTE=ninerball49;197958]we might be wrong about which team out there on the court is a potential top 25…[/QUOTE]

You just may be correct. I sure hope so.

Of course, same old story. WHY in the world do they run player features instead of game previews on game day AND especially the HOME OPENER?!?!? :wow: :wow: That policy makes no sense. The game is in Charlotte. I don’t care if they do the ACC stuff. People like the ACC BUT make it OBVIOUS that the home opener is TODAY at 3:30.

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;198035]
The game is in Charlotte. I don’t care if they do the ACC stuff. People like the ACC BUT make it OBVIOUS that the home opener is TODAY at 3:30.
[/QUOTE]

Lefty, I think that is one of the main complaints many of us have been voicing for years.

I’ve been told by more than one NON-NINER that they would have gone to such-n-such a game if they only knew we were playing the game that day.

[QUOTE=run49er;197891]HP, the blurb about the game in the printed Observer doesn’t amount to much. Yes, there is a profile of De’Angelo and from it we learn he committed plagarism at OU and that he misses his daughter, but there’s no connection between it and today’s game.

GO NINERS!!![/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=49er1;198004]YOU ARE SOOOOO WRONG OL’ DUDE!! I BEG to differ. It’s more like a looooong sloooow, continous lick.[/QUOTE]

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

thats hilarious.

some things never change. the observer’s tongue action is one of them.

[QUOTE=SilvioDante;197926]
I found Mr. Utter’s story online…I had look under “Local News - University City” link. Also, if you took the time to look under “Sports” and then go to “Colleges” you could find it.[/QUOTE]
Still being polite Silvio, I search the online sports section as well as colleges and it wasn’t on there as of the last time I looked yesterday morning before leaving for the Queen City.

If the link was there later, I withdraw 1/2 of my polite rant.

Today’s story (Hofstra) is written by Observer writer Kevin Cary (Charlotte Alum). Utter must be at the race. There is no mention of today’s game, not even the “Gameday” thing. Columbia at Duke is listed.

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;198157]Today’s story (Hofstra) is written by Observer writer Kevin Cary (Charlotte Alum). Utter must be at the race. There is no mention of today’s game, not even the “Gameday” thing. Columbia at Duke is listed.[/QUOTE]

I can’t wait for the “new” material from Mikey besides, ’ the dog ate my only proof’. Or, he’ll conveniently disappear for a few days.

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;198157]
There is no mention of today’s game, not even the “Gameday” thing. Columbia at Duke is listed.
[/QUOTE]

is anyone surprised? NO MENTION OF NINER GAME BUT ACC GAMES ARE MENTIONED.

the observer toungue action continues.