I'm starting to see some similarities....

between Butter Johnson and Martin Iti…

:wacko:

what? outstandin potential…and no wit?

[i]Originally posted by Gboro_9er[/i]@Feb 12 2005, 09:28 PM [b] what? outstandin potential...and no wit? [/b]
and they're both clumsy :D

This game should have been over if Iti made just one of his “free” throw. 35% from the line this is sad.

[i]Originally posted by Savio[/i]@Feb 12 2005, 10:24 PM [b] between Butter Johnson and Martin Iti....

:wacko: [/b]

If Iti was half the player Butter was we would be undefeated…

How can you be 7’0" (including hair) and not score a single damn point in a basketball game??? Thank goodness for Withers, who has been an absolute warrior late in the season. Iti has shown flashes of picking up his game but tonight was flat out sorry. We’ll need both him and Nance to play well against DePaul. You just can’t expect Curt to carry the load like that every game.

Butter was MUCH more talented that Iti… he just couldn’t make that first step without traveling.

[i]Originally posted by LutzFan[/i]@Feb 13 2005, 12:48 AM [b] Butter was MUCH more talented that Iti.... he just couldn't make that first step without traveling. [/b]
Players like him and Jordan shouldn't get called for traveling.

Yeah if Butter would’ve lost the Bronx shuffle and found some form on his jumper, he would’ve been an awesome scorer. As it is he still averaged nearly 10 off the bench his senior year. Iti is nowhere close to where Butter was as a sophomore. If it wasn’t for that wretched, awful, miserable, terrible 13-16 season where Butter played like Margarine. That didn’t help his confidence or growth.

Lutz need to pull one of his “run the player off” deals like he did the first few seasons as head coach

Iti sucks and will never be any good, his lateral movement is slow and can’t make a sho tand plays no d, other than that he is ok

I agree sf. I have always hada problem with Iti’s speed and his reaction time to the basketball. He needs to work on his foot speed something terrible.

Iti needs to get some tapes of Luke Schensher of GT…

In the words of 49erAlumnus last night at Picasso’s… “It’s a wonder DSS hasn’t been called yet, the way Iti keeps getting abused over and over and over and…”

Martin seems more suited for European style basketball. He’s more of a finese player and not enough of a banger. Jarvis should stick around and teach him something about being brutal going up with the ball.

[i]Originally posted by NinerLoudNProud[/i]@Feb 13 2005, 12:13 PM [b] Martin seems more suited for European style basketball. He's more of a finese player and not enough of a banger. Jarvis should stick around and teach him something about being brutal going up with the ball. [/b]
I cringe every time Iti tries to dribble....hence the referral to Butter

I’ve tried to give Iti the benefit of the doubt (several times), but with Nance out we needed Iti to step up and he played not only badly but stupidly. His 4th foul was completely obvious and dumb (holding onto the guys arm for no reason), and doesn’t seem to care. That big smile he has on his face right after he clanks a missed ft off the back of the rim is just annoying.

He can be a serviceable big man for us but he needs to work on some kind of jumpshot, work on his footwork and work on his free throws. Plus he needs to quit with the stupid fouls. When he’s in, even if he’s not getting blocks, he’s making people change their shots - but to me, that’s no longer enough.

Butter had more NBA potential than any player we’ve had since Rodney. He was 6,8" broad shoulders, athletic, could dribble like a guard, all he needed was an IQ of at least 80 and more patience from Lutz and this guy would of been in the league. He airballed a dunk once and couldn’t shoot a 3 to save his life, but if he had a lot of potential.

[i]Originally posted by forDniner[/i]@Feb 13 2005, 01:41 PM [b] He [b]can[/b] be a serviceable big man for us but he needs to work on some kind of jumpshot, work on his footwork and work on his free throws. Plus he needs to quit with the stupid fouls. When he's in, even if he's not getting blocks, he's making people change their shots - but to me, that's no longer enough. [/b]
You're asking for a lot right there :D

Austrailia is for cute funny bears, people named Quigly, Crocodile Dundee, and Fosters-> NOT BASKETBALL. Hope the heck the Niners now have finally figured that out. It’s as dumb as going to Canada for basketball players.

ever heard of andrew bogut?