Impact of Byron Dinkins

3rd assistant has to be Lutz, Lebo or Pitino.

Iā€™m guessing Roy Williams.

Heā€™s no Lebo but I would take him if Lebo is not available.

Iā€™m confused.

Why would we hire him if HE canā€™t recruit and we canā€™t recruit from his school for 2 years. I thought those were the 2 main reasons to hire him. Now we give him a position that doesnā€™t allow him to do the things we needed/wanted him to do.

Sounds like something Judy would doā€¦I thought she was gone.

so can one of the other coaches recruit his former players?

Nope. Our staff canā€™t recruit Carmel for 2 years.

Maybe Iā€™m just underestimating the impact he can have in this position but limiting our ability to recruit local talent doesnā€™t really make sense to me. I know Hill & Sanchez know a lot more about running a basketball program than I do so I will have faith that there is good reason for this move.

Could it be interest/tickets/dollars? It doesnā€™t help, losing the ability to recruit those players but it doesnā€™t necessarily hurt. Maybe they wanted Dink to attract interest in the program and felt he could help In the long run.

Clearly we are hiring McInnis and just waiting until summer for him to finish a 3 month bachelorā€™s program

Something is going onā€¦because on the surface, this makes very little sense. Itā€™s great to have a former Niner on the staffā€¦but he literally is in a position to have no impact in recruitingā€¦which is exactly why, I thought, we were interested in having him on staff.

clt asks if firemikehill.com is activated?

as others have said, sanchez knows a lot more about building a basketball program than i, but on the surface of it, it looks like are are short-term looses with the dinkins hire.

can a carmel player walk on?

More importantly if a Carmel player transfers to another high school I would imagine we would be able to recruit him at that point.

good point. permitted?

I was told ā€œnoā€ on Twitter. Iā€™d imagine we canā€™t, but who knows. Usually things have loopholes.

So we hired a high school coach and canā€™t recruit his players. BRILLIANT

1 Like

D.O.B.A.

Butā€¦itā€™s okā€¦he can still use his connections to recruit for us on the recruiting trailā€¦oh yeahā€¦he canā€™t do that either.

1 Like

So he magically lost his connection to McInnis and Team Charlotte? Seems like Donovan Gregory is the only connection weā€™ve lost here.

Guysā€¦ Donā€™t lose sight of the fact that Dinkins is one hell of a good coach.