important for the next chancelor?

Are the powers-that-be looking for a new chancellor that has football as one of their top priorities?

While I would love to believe getting a football team will suddenly become important I dont’ see it happening. Too many at this school are satisfied without football.

[i]Originally posted by Anborn[/i]@Jun 20 2004, 10:38 PM [b] Are the powers-that-be looking for a new chancellor that has football as one of their top priorities? [/b]
Football won't even be mentioned during the interview process. I'm pretty sure it will be all about academics/research and fundraising.

I think if we were ever to go after football, we would need to hire someone to work under Judy as Director of football operations or something like that. We would need a big name and the person would do anything from create the blueprint to fundraising. USF used Leroy Selmon for that. THen he became AD and then left or retired.

I hope football is not one of the priorities of a new chancellor…unless of course, there is a desire to be like O$U or F$U or the Miami Hurricane$.

The whole name issue for the school is far more important than football. I don’t care if its University of Charlotte or Charlotte University. Just do something.

[b]I don't care if its University of Charlotte or Charlotte University. Just do something.[/b]

Eh, I think Charlotte University sounds kind of private. But yeah, anything’s better than what we have now name-wise.

I think we’ll need more than a new chancellor to bring football to Charlotte. We’ll need an athletic director who is a little bit more proactive and revolutionary in thinking. Judy has carried us along with the current nicely, but we’re going to need new blood to go the next step.

I think that football will have to be driven by the athletic department. I believe that in 2001 it was the athletic department that asked the chancelor for permission to test the waters. Then came 9/11 and it was put on hold. That said, if there was interest then, there is probably interest now. It’s just a matter of time and MONEY.

As far as the name change goes, I vote for The University of Charlotte.

[i]Originally posted by BobbyLutz[/i]@Jun 21 2004, 11:19 AM [b]
[b]"We’re not taking a back seat to anybody."--Bobby Lutz[/b]
[/b]
Well congrats to always being in the back seat when the Bearcats are around... :lmao:
[i]Originally posted by UCBearcats1125+Jun 29 2004, 03:38 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (UCBearcats1125 @ Jun 29 2004, 03:38 PM)