In Need of a Band

After a long time of wanting to be in a band and passively hoping something comes together, I’ve decided to grab the bull by the horns. If you have a band that needs a singer or trumpeter, let me know. If you want to form a band, I am totally down. I need to get in a band badly. I really would like to be in a ska and/or funk and/or rock band and I can sing accordingly. Let me know if you are down or know anyone who might be down. I’ve wanted to be in a band for a hellalong time but never knew anyone who had a band or enough people who wanted to start one.

[QUOTE=49or bust;353017]After a long time of wanting to be in a band and passively hoping something comes together, I’ve decided to grab the bull by the horns. If you have a band that needs a singer or trumpeter, let me know. If you want to form a band, I am totally down. I need to get in a band badly. I really would like to be in a ska and/or funk and/or rock band and I can sing accordingly. Let me know if you are down or know anyone who might be down. I’ve wanted to be in a band for a hellalong time but never knew anyone who had a band or enough people who wanted to start one.[/QUOTE]

I’ll sing and look cool on stage.

[QUOTE=Lyns007;389945]49[/QUOTE]

Are you suggesting a band name?

Accidentally just posted under my girlfriend's name. whoops!
After a long time of wanting to be in a band and passively hoping something comes together, I've decided to grab the bull by the horns. If you have a band that needs a singer or trumpeter, let me know. If you want to form a band, I am totally down. I need to get in a band badly. I really would like to be in a ska and/or funk and/or rock band and I can sing accordingly. Let me know if you are down or know anyone who might be down. I've wanted to be in a band for a hellalong time but never knew anyone who had a band or enough people who wanted to start one.

I’ll play bass.

I nominate JFelt for guitar…

[QUOTE=ShaGGy;389947]Accidentally just posted under my girlfriend’s name. whoops![/QUOTE]

At least your girlfriend has a name on here.

Mine just steals my computer and says embarrassing things in the shoutbox.

All you really need is a drummer man, you find one of those and there are guitar and bass players in spades.

I’ve been in a band since I was 14 and it is fun but if it is something you want to do seriously you’re going to need to find people who are as dedicated as you are. If you are just looking to have fun, well, it is a lot of fun. If you want any help or suggestions on how to practice (one of the things a lot of bands, especially inexperienced ones, deal with) let me know.

I’m in the Triad, but I don’t mind commuting for practice and such.

There’s a certain pep band drummer who may be interested.

Will, I thought you and me and Shaggy already decided we were gonna start a band called “The Founding Fathers”?

shaggy on bass, me on drums, and you up front looking sweet for the ladies. all we need is a good guitar player and we’re 3/4 of the way to a gold record

Just get some kid who kills at Guitar Hero… that always translates to the real thing.

I'll sing and look cool on stage.
Sorry, homey. That's my spot. The singing part at least.

I’d been wanting to learn bass maybe cause I’ve always wanted to play guitar too and I’m not sure I’m so good a singer that I can simply sing, but I’m not sure I could do both at the same time either. Never tried tho.

Accidentally just posted under my girlfriend's name. whoops!

I’ll play bass.

I'm in the Triad, but I don't mind commuting for practice and such.

There’s a certain pep band drummer who may be interested.

Will, I thought you and me and Shaggy already decided we were gonna start a band called "The Founding Fathers"?

shaggy on bass, me on drums, and you up front looking sweet for the ladies. all we need is a good guitar player and we’re 3/4 of the way to a gold record

Looks like we got ourselves a band. I wouldn’t mind getting a keyboardist too and I might know a guy.

Gotta figure out what we want to play and where we want to practice. What do y’all think?

Like I said, I like ska/funk/rock, but perhaps we could start out with some covers of Nirvana and The Misfits to get our feet wet because punk is easy (and I’ve been really into those bands lately). I tore my throat up last weekend singing like Kurt Cobain lol.

if you wanna do ska you definitely need a keyboardist. I used to be in a ska band called Moonguey. we sucked though.

[QUOTE=49or bust;390011]Sorry, homey. That’s my spot. The singing part at least.

I’d been wanting to learn bass maybe cause I’ve always wanted to play guitar too and I’m not sure I’m so good a singer that I can simply sing, but I’m not sure I could do both at the same time either. Never tried tho.[/QUOTE]

I bump your thread and get bumped from the band. Ouch.

I bump your thread and get bumped from the band. Ouch.
You can be a roadie. :happy:

If you can play keyboard you’re in. Maybe we can do some Greens Brothers shows lol.

if you wanna do ska you definitely need a keyboardist. I used to be in a ska band called Moonguey. we sucked though.
I was in a Fishbone cover band and we had no keyboardist, not that we don't need one now. But it did work.

We practiced for like a week and got 3rd place of maybe 15 bands in my HS band wars. It was great too, one judge’s score sheet said “You guys must have been playing together a while!” We tore that place a new asshole. Kids were going crazy. Ask zerogeneticsdc1. We rocked.

[QUOTE=49or bust;390018]You can be a roadie. :happy:

If you can play keyboard you’re in. Maybe we can do some Greens Brothers shows lol.[/QUOTE]

I just wanted to dick around, have some fun, and make some original music.

I’ll only hold this against you for a few days.

I play drums. I know a really good guitar player in the area that might be looking for a new band. He plays mostly rock/metal though.

Well, let’s get this rolling.

I’ll do the Auto-Tuning.