Indiana at Purdue

What the heck is going on here?
I’m I’m Mike Davis, I kill someone.

Even if there is a foul, he never got the shot off.
Wow.
Purdue just misses the foul shot as I type this.

Double OT

No way that shot should have counted.

At least it’s getting us some pub on ESPN. :smiley:

We needed Indiana to win to help us out. That was terribile. If this doesn’t work out we should file the protest.

[i]Originally posted by MKNiner[/i]@Jan 15 2005, 02:13 PM [b] No way that shot should have counted.

At least it’s getting us some pub on ESPN. :smiley: [/b]

Yeah, they definitely didn’t mind throwing our name out there.

(We really must win tonight)

I have officiated basketball before. Even though the shot was well after the buzzer, it counted because THE FOUL took place before the buzzer. In fact, the clock should have stopped at point-two or so, so that’s why the bucket was allowed.

Speaking of tight games…

Cincy and L’ville are tied at 65 late in the game

l’ville wins

That Indiana game was a great one, they pulled it out.

TF,

Thanks. That I did not realize.

Memphis beats Marquette, then goes down to TCU. Inconsistent

Marquette is overrated, and was playing on the road for that game. Double-edged sword.

[i]Originally posted by kbr49er[/i]@Jan 15 2005, 03:08 PM [b] l'ville wins [/b]
Not good for us.

The chances of Cincy losing two in a row at their place are very, very slim.

I had that game as a loss for us before today so I’m not going to be too bent out of shape if they take their frustrations out on us. But if we play to our abilities, there’s no reason why we can’t keep it close and be in position to steal one.

I watched bits and pieces of the IU game. What did they say about us? I thought I heard Bilas (?) say something like the NCAA comittee wouldn’t look at IU’s loss to us as a loss because of how we won the game. Did he say something like that?

Bilas better not had said something as idiotic as that. That guy’s ego is growing bigger every day. Hey Jay, seems like yesterday that you were a body in the ESPN studio announcing the NCAA Women’s Basketball pairing, ok? Guess he just KNOWS how the committee will consider invites this year. Moron.

I like Bilas… he and Katz actually know what the hell they’re talking about.

Lefty, yes he did say something like that…

[i]Originally posted by LeftyNiner[/i]@Jan 15 2005, 04:16 PM [b] I watched bits and pieces of the IU game. What did they say about us? I thought I heard Bilas (?) say something like the NCAA comittee wouldn't look at IU's loss to us as a loss because of how we won the game. Did he say something like that? [/b]
I hope they don't consider it. Then maybe they will consider us undefeated.

:smiley:

[i]Originally posted by UNCCTF[/i]@Jan 15 2005, 02:49 PM [b] I have officiated basketball before. Even though the shot was well after the buzzer, it counted because THE FOUL took place before the buzzer. In fact, the clock should have stopped at point-two or so, so that's why the bucket was allowed. [/b]
problem is the Ref who had that call didn't raise his hand to call the foul. No whistle. The anouncers sure didn't say anything about a foul called.

You cannot use the moniter to call fouls only to make time and score (i.e. 3 pt or 2 pt) corrections.

Huh? The foul was called by the center ref at 0.2… you can clearly hear the whistle on the replay. They didn’t use the monitor to call a foul because they, um, can’t do that.