Indiana's tip-in?

I got home just in time to pull up the internet radio feed and hear the tip-in that gave Indiana the lead. The radio broadcaster said it should have been basket interference but I haven’t heard seen any mention of that on the boards. For those of you who were able to watch, was the basket good or not?

It looked good to me. I thought possibly an over the back call, but after watching the replay, we just did a poor job of boxing out.

[b]The radio broadcaster said it should have been basket interference but I haven't heard seen any mention of that on the boards. For those of you who were able to watch, was the basket good or not? [/b]

It was very close. The replay angles they showed were not conclusive, and they only showed two. I thought it was goaltending, but they never showed a conclusive replay. Mr. Bo said it best, if we box out it wouldn’t have mattered.

[i]Originally posted by Mr. Bojangles[/i]@Dec 23 2004, 08:20 AM [b] we just did a poor job of boxing out. [/b]
You mean Withers. He's not half the player he was last year.

Neither Withers or Iti boxed out on that for some reason… they both looked like they were just expecting it to go in so there was no point in getting in position for a rebound.

[i]Originally posted by LutzFan[/i]@Dec 23 2004, 09:28 AM [b] Neither Withers or Iti boxed out on that for some reason... they both looked like they were just expecting it to go in so there was no point in getting in position for a rebound. [/b]
In fairness to Iti he contested the first shot.

On a side note: Can any of you arm chair coaches out there tell me why we didn’t have a man defending the inbounds pass?

[b]Can any of you arm chair coaches out there tell me why we didn't have a man defending the inbounds pass? [/b]

Don’t know the answer to that one. I was just simply wanting to make them inbound it out towards half-court so that they a) had to take a hurried and long 3 and b ) so that they would not get a put back. Oh well.

[i]Originally posted by BleednGreen+Dec 23 2004, 09:42 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (BleednGreen @ Dec 23 2004, 09:42 AM)

The entry pass from nearly half court to White only about 8 feet from the basket was way too easy. Plav’s head was turned and he had no idea where the ball and man were. Luckily, he made up for it on the big shot.

Why does everyone think that this team could be special? Have they show anything special?

Seems like the same old Lutz team - lots of 3’s, no defense, solid season with a couple of big wins and bizarre losses, and a one-and-done.

[b]The entry pass from nearly half court to White only about 8 feet from the basket was way too easy. Plav's head was turned and he had no idea where the ball and man were. Luckily, he made up for it on the big shot.

Why does everyone think that this team could be special? Have they show anything special?

Seems like the same old Lutz team - lots of 3’s, no defense, solid season with a couple of big wins and bizarre losses, and a one-and-done.
[/b]

We’re 7-2. Our two losses could have easily have been wins. We faced a team essentially playing for their season at home last night and pulled out a win.

It’s the deepest team we’ve had in years. This year, if someone gets sick in the NCAAs, we’ll actually be able to overcome it.
We do shoot a lot of 3’s, but as others have mentioned, when you’re PF has 7 turnovers and you haven’t gotten the ball inside all night, what are you going to do? I do think our defense needs work but this team has a ton of talent, plays hard throughout, can come back from a deficit and now should know how to win a big game.
This team is better than most of the teams we’ve had. That = special.

it was mentioned on one thread that clock should’ve stopped at 1.4 seconds technically, could it have been challenged by lutz and time added in that situation? I bet if you add up all the excess time on plays like that with human error a few extra minutes gets added on to game, all relative

Neither Withers or Iti boxed out on that for some reason… they both looked like they were just expecting it to go in so there was no point in getting in position for a rebound.

Why doesn’t Withers get off his feet on that rebound. It would have been over the back IF Withers gets off the floor for the rebound. Instead he had the best seat in the house? He really does not look like the same player from last year or the player that made the summer national team. Any idea as to what is up with him. He has so much talent but suddenly seems disinterested?

[i]Originally posted by Funny Like on TV[/i]@Dec 23 2004, 11:34 AM [b] [b]Why does everyone think that this team could be special? Have they show anything special?

Seems like the same old Lutz team - lots of 3’s, no defense, solid season with a couple of big wins and bizarre losses, and a one-and-done.[/b] [/b]

While we could still be one-and-done, nice to see this guy back on the board (posting in the shoutbox). :rolleyes:

Did ya’ll see that 50 footer plavich had to win it?? B)

[i]Originally posted by lutz9er[/i]@Feb 22 2005, 07:15 PM [b] Did ya'll see that 50 footer plavich had to win it?? B) [/b]
Apparently that idiot Mike Davis didn't. I guess at 12-11 you've got to reach for straws. Doesn't 13-10 sound a lot better. :blink:

Will Mike Davis wind up at EZU next year? Will Calipari wind up at IU?

Hmmmmmmm…

who gives a shit, we won :fastgun:

[i]Originally posted by moss2k[/i]@Feb 22 2005, 11:16 PM [b] who gives a shit, we won :fastgun: [/b]
Thank you.....

Maybe doherty will be at memfiss