Intresting

Just look to the raw data: A staggering 95 per cent of Princeton students graduated in the top 10 per cent of their high school class. The acceptance rate for American students hovers around 10 per cent; the rate for international students is about 5 percent. Only one out of every four valedictorians who applies to Princeton is accepted. I was used to being at the top of my class at Toronto’s Upper Canada College, where I went to high school, but that’s not the case here. Then there’s also the money factor - and I don’t mean how expensive Princeton is perceived to be. [COLOR=red][B]Princeton’s colossal $14.5 billion endowment means that the university has $2 million in the bank for each student[/B][/COLOR]. By comparison, the University of Toronto - which is Canada’s wealthiest school - has an endowment of $1.6 billion or $24,000 per student. The above comparison shows that the earnings on the endowment go directly to funding the very things Princeton takes tremendous pride in: small classes, top-notch campus infrastructure and well-funded student groups and a groundbreaking grant-based financial aid program. While it’s true that tuition to Princeton is a staggering $45,000 (U.S.), 55 percent of students receive funding. That makes it one of the most affordable schools in the world.

That makes it one of the most affordable schools in the world.

Aside from the fact they have oodles of money, how do they calculcate Princeton to be one of the most affordable?

Just because retail price for a Princeton education would be, what, $100,000 a year doesn’t make $45,000 a year a good deal…unless you’re the Rockefellers.

I might use words such as “value” or “savings” but not affordable. Though the rate of return for the job one gets out of there ought to factor in for considering payback. I’m still proud to be a Niner at less than $14k for all four years!

Harvard’s endowment: $29.2 billion
[URL=http://www.news.harvard.edu/gazette/2006/09.21/99-endowment.html]http://www.news.harvard.edu/gazette/2006/09.21/99-endowment.html[/URL]

Princeton should give it’s current grads free tuition, & shut down in 4 years, & give their grads almost $2 Mil to start life with.

LoL

I get bored fast, so I need an “Interesting Thread” going to check up shit on.

UNC Charlotte football fund…sponsored by Princeton and Harvard University…I can see it now…

I attended Princeton for a year before transferring to Charlotte. Princeton was way overrated. Charlotte was by far the better school back then.

BTW, I have some very expensive oceanfront property for sale in Colorado, in case anyone is interested.

Interesting music video

U2 and Green Day
Saints are Comming

You might be able to findi t on MTV.COM

Its good video. I think they are trying to say something in it…

Duke is puke
Wake is fake
The team I hate
is NC STATE
You can’t get to heaven
in a blue machine
cause God’s favorite color
is 49ER GREEN!!!
GO NINERS!!!

[QUOTE=Gill2003;195766]Interesting music video

U2 and Green Day
Saints are Comming

You might be able to findi t on MTV.COM

Its good video. I think they are trying to say something in it…[/QUOTE]

One of the worst songs I have ever heard in my life…really!

Its about a depressing situation. I dont see how it could any better really…

I find it interesting how the subject for this topic isn’t spelled correctly.

have ya’ll heard about the new church based on U2’s music?

[QUOTE=J Felt;196113]I find it interesting how the subject for this topic isn’t spelled correctly.[/QUOTE]
Ah, very “intresting” indeed

f u guys. :wink:

A church based on U2?
wow I’d like to hear mor eon that