Is anybody going to make this sign........

Will somebody please make a sign that reads “The ACC is scared to play us!!!” or “A-10 watch out, here we come!!” some thing to this extreme, we have a good team and we need to stir up some thing with new schools, national T.V. is a perfect way of doing it, lets not be a bunch of panzies, we need to start talking some smack!!!

like ric flair would say…“whoooooooooooooooooooo!!!”

someone make a sign that reads: charlotte is a good team.

I’m a little tired of this whole “scared” concept.

Why can’t someone be a little more original. Something like:

Hey, ACC, our signature is on the contract.
Which of you are willing to sign on the dotted line?

[i]Originally posted by SilvioDante[/i]@Jan 25 2005, 04:39 PM [b] I'm a little tired of this whole "scared" concept.

Why can’t someone be a little more original. Something like:

Hey, ACC, our signature is on the contract.
Which of you are willing to sign on the dotted line?
[/b]

ive never seen an ACC scared sign, want one?

yes hopefully it will be someone on the front row.

Im gonna do it

trying to keep it nice and simple. dont know exactly what it will say, but it will have something to do with the ACC being gutless pansies

I don’t see the connection between ACC and TCU other than bother are three letter acronyms. It makes as much sense as John 3:16 at a sporting event.

Don’t insult the conference and TCU by making a completely unrelated basketball politics statement.

[i]Originally posted by NinerLoudNProud[/i]@Jan 25 2005, 04:55 PM [b] I don't see the connection between ACC and TCU other than bother are three letter acronyms. It makes as much sense as John 3:16 at a sporting event.

Don’t insult the conference and TCU by making a completely unrelated basketball politics statement. [/b]

i agree, but maybe like near the end of the game when tcu is out of it. It would suck to have the sign up then lose.

Make a sign that touts Eddie Basden instead. What we have now is worth having.
Having a nationally televised game showing our love for our players is a far more valueable tool than crying about someone not willing to play us.

[i]Originally posted by NinerLoudNProud[/i]@Jan 25 2005, 04:00 PM [b] Make a sign that touts Eddie Basden instead. What we have now is worth having. Having a nationally televised game showing our love for our players is a far more valueable tool than crying about someone not willing to play us. [/b]
i like that, my sign will be an EDDIE BASDEN one. good thinking NLP
[i]Originally posted by cltniners[/i]@Jan 25 2005, 04:26 PM [b] someone make a sign that reads: charlotte is a good team. [/b]
Yep. Make a sign supporting the Niners and leave out any ACC crap.
[i]Originally posted by VA49er+Jan 25 2005, 04:50 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (VA49er @ Jan 25 2005, 04:50 PM)
[i]Originally posted by BigTimeNiner[/i]@Jan 25 2005, 05:27 PM [b] Thank you, please forget about the ACC and worry about TCU and Charlotte. [/b]
Ditto
[i]Originally posted by jcl49er+Jan 25 2005, 05:28 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (jcl49er @ Jan 25 2005, 05:28 PM)

NLP is a prime example of why we get no national respect, your afraid to insult Conference USA, “who cares”!!! look i love eddie basden to death, but no way am i making a “i love eddie” sign. leave that for the girls, we got to make up something that will catch the camera’s eye and get noticed NATIONALLY, not locally, make a sign that will offend about 20,000 students between UNC and duke get the coaches and alumni mad at us to where they have no choice BUT to play us and prove us wrong!!! because we will never get any respect until we start playing big teams from big conferences, you have to utilize the cameras, remember the key to success is T.V.

[i]Originally posted by mazzniner[/i]@Jan 25 2005, 05:52 PM [b] NLP is a prime example of why we get no national respect, your afraid to insult Conference USA, "who cares"!!!! look i love eddie basden to death, but no way am i making a "i love eddie" sign. leave that for the girls, we got to make up something that will catch the camera's eye and get noticed NATIONALLY, not locally, make a sign that will offend about 20,000 students between UNC and duke get the coaches and alumni mad at us to where they have no choice BUT to play us and prove us wrong!!! because we will never get any respect until we start playing big teams from big conferences, you have to utilize the cameras, remember the key to success is T.V. [/b]
Your sign isn't going to change anything.

Look, Chapel Hill scheduled us a few years back and beat us. Duke scheduled us twice in the 90’s and beat us both times. What does that mean? Nothing. What would it have changed if we had won any of those games. Nothing.

Get over the acc and move on.

I think that it would be a good thing to make a sign to challenge the ACC. I dont’ think a sign would be whinning…it would just be a challenge. Don’t call them scared…just offer them a challenge. If it were to get some attention from the media…especially TV media there might be more of a push for a game. If ESPN offered the ACC a bonus to play us there would be reason for them to. This could arise enough public interest to warrant such a thing. I would probably wait until were looking good for the win before making such a challenge.

[b] NLP is a prime example of why we get no national respect[/b]

More like a prime reason we don’t get national mockery.

[b]make a sign that will offend about 20,000 students between UNC and duke get the coaches and alumni mad at us to where they have no choice BUT to play us and prove us wrong!!![/b]

They have a combined 6 national championships between them. They don’t give a flying f*** about someone who can’t provide a national audience when they play. We want to do that, we have to prove we belong. We’ve been over this on this board. Pay attention. They way to roll is to get that series with Mississippi State. Pursue Gonzaga. Figure out why Creighton won’t play us when the MVC commissioner asks us to schedule more games against their conference members.

Those are the teams that we’re most likely to get the kind of games our coach and AD want… teams that will play here and will boost our RPI, get us better seeds, and have the opportunity to beat these programs you’re gunning for when everyone is watching.

[i]Originally posted by NinerLoudNProud[/i]@Jan 25 2005, 06:48 PM [b]
[b] NLP is a prime example of why we get no national respect[/b]

More like a prime reason we don’t get national mockery.

[b]make a sign that will offend about 20,000 students between UNC and duke get the coaches and alumni mad at us to where they have no choice BUT to play us and prove us wrong!!![/b]

They have a combined 6 national championships between them. They don’t give a flying f*** about someone who can’t provide a national audience when they play. We want to do that, we have to prove we belong. We’ve been over this on this board. Pay attention. They way to roll is to get that series with Mississippi State. Pursue Gonzaga. Figure out why Creighton won’t play us when the MVC commissioner asks us to schedule more games against their conference members.

Those are the teams that we’re most likely to get the kind of games our coach and AD want… teams that will play here and will boost our RPI, get us better seeds, and have the opportunity to beat these programs you’re gunning for when everyone is watching. [/b]

NLP couldn’t be any more right, however I would like to add that the one sure way to play them is in the NCAA tournament. If we advance far enough, often enough, we will eventually get our shot and they have no choice but to play us.

NLP you are right, i just get a little too pumped up for national televised games, but you have to admit there is room and reason for us to get excited we have a good team but our out of conference schedule blows. i would just like to see us play some of the big N.C. teams rather than davidson and app st every year.

p.s. whoooooooooooooooo!!!