Is the A10 our final home?

I sent an e-mail to Coach Lutz asking if he thought the A10 would be our final home. I can’t believe he responded!

[i]Steve,

Thank you for your e-mail. There definitely could and probably will be another major shift in the next 3 - 5 years. I expect the Big East to form a 12-team football league and either have a separate 8 - 10 basketball league or those non-football schools will form their own league. Either way, the A-10 would be effected by the shift.

Thank you,

Bobby Lutz
Head Coach
Charlotte Men’s Basketball[/i]

[i]Originally posted by UpState49er[/i]@Jan 3 2005, 07:20 PM [b] Either way, the A-10 would be [b]effected[/b] by the shift. [/b]
Looks like Coach Lutz went to the NinerOne School of Sentence Structure.

Interesting response… I’m sure Judy, the new Chancellor, and Bobby/Katie will do what they need to do to make us as successful as possible.

Oh, come on now…that is a tough one. I have to think about that one just about every time I write it.

Who are the Big East schools that don’t have football?

[i]Originally posted by Chisox17[/i]@Jan 3 2005, 10:08 PM [b] Who are the Big East schools that don't have football? [/b]
Georgetown *Marquette *Depaul Villanova Providence Seton Hall St. John's

That’s all I can think of right now.

depaul
marquette
notre dame (they do but it is independent)
villanova
georgetown
seton hall
st. johns
providence

[i]Originally posted by UpState49er[/i]@Jan 3 2005, 07:20 PM [b] [i]Steve,

Thank you for your e-mail. There definitely could and probably will be another major shift in the next 3 - 5 years. I expect the Big East to form a 12-team football league and either have a separate 8 - 10 basketball league or those non-football schools will form their own league. Either way, the A-10 would be effected by the shift.

Thank you,

Bobby Lutz
Head Coach
Charlotte Men’s Basketball[/i] [/b]

Wonder if he uses a ghost writer since “effected” was used instead of “affected” which is the proper spelling in that situation. Bobby is too smart to make that grammatical error. :stuck_out_tongue:

Of course, I’m assuming that UpState copied/pasted his response and didn’t actually type it out. :slight_smile:

our problem is the catholic connection. we could be left out to dry with dayton, xavier, st. bonnies, st. joes, and La Salle getting first dibs.

[b]Either way, the A-10 [b]would be effected[/b] by the shift.

Looks like Coach Lutz went to the NinerOne School of Sentence Structure.[/b]

It’s good use of the future-perfect tense, no?

Trust in Bob. Praise the grammar police.

What are the chances of an 8 school non basketball conferance?

[i]Originally posted by NinerAdvocate+Jan 3 2005, 09:28 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (NinerAdvocate @ Jan 3 2005, 09:28 PM)
[i]Originally posted by gamer[/i]@Jan 4 2005, 09:10 AM [b] What are the chances of an 8 school non basketball conferance? [/b]
Say what??? :o

This is why I think our time in the A-10 is crucial. We need to be tops in that league every year as well as go deep into the tourney at least once or twice. Makes us much more attractive if conferences to realign again.

[i]Originally posted by C49er[/i]@Jan 3 2005, 08:26 PM [b] Oh, come on now....that is a tough one. I have to think about that one just about every time I write it. [/b]
Affect is a verb. Effect is a noun.

Say that over and over a few times…

Class dismissed.

we will end up in the sec. clt is always correct.

[i]Originally posted by cltniners[/i]@Jan 4 2005, 11:16 AM [b] we will end up in the sec. clt is always correct. [/b]
i think we would be a good fit into the sec, based on the intensity on the game with bama

our football team needs a better dl to comptete.

[i]Originally posted by JNinerGreen+Jan 4 2005, 11:18 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (JNinerGreen @ Jan 4 2005, 11:18 AM)

Let’s convert this school to Catholicism.
Anyone up for a crusade?

all of this was kicked around two years ago …

Yes this is not the final stop, maybe we wind up again in a stronger league, who knows, Notre Dame is the key

The Big Least football is done kaput, finished