Is the observer going to cover us this year???

I think I’ve noticed an observer apologist in this thread finally acknowledging there is a problem.

What message does it send the community when games like ETSU/Kinnesaw get coverage and we do not?

Story in tomorrow’s paper… Hope it’s appropriate for the City’s team moving to FBS…

Nice to see it just above UNC’s 10 point loss to USC.

[quote=“49r9r, post:21, topic:29793”]I think I’ve noticed an observer apologist in this thread finally acknowledging there is a problem.

What message does it send the community when games like ETSU/Kinnesaw get coverage and we do not?[/quote]

I would argue the vast majority of the community has no idea we are entering FBS play this year. Heck, I’ve heard people at Charlotte sporting events on campus saying things like "is Charlotte Division 1?"on multiple occasions!

The more I think about it, the general public still probably has no idea what FBS and FCS even means.

[quote=“49r9r, post:21, topic:29793”]I think I’ve noticed an observer apologist in this thread finally acknowledging there is a problem.

What message does it send the community when games like ETSU/Kinnesaw get coverage and we do not?[/quote]

Arguments that ETSU gets coverage and we don’t are pure sensationalism and not true.

Only a problem for McClatchey employees and stockholders unless you think the Observer’s coverage has been an asset for us. I’m not an Observer apologist but have found it humorous how our fans will marginalize them and say they don’t matter yet the Observer is probably the biggest discussion on NNN.

Here we are before our opening FBS game and look what the primary topic of discussion is.

[quote=“ninermike, post:24, topic:29793”][quote=“49r9r, post:21, topic:29793”]I think I’ve noticed an observer apologist in this thread finally acknowledging there is a problem.

Arguments that ETSU gets coverage and we don’t are pure sensationalism and not true.[/quote]

Do they normally get more coverage? No. But when I checked the observers college football page last night there were several articles about teams nowhere near the Charlotte market including ETSU. No Charlotte articles to be found.

[quote=“ninermike, post:24, topic:29793”][quote=“49r9r, post:21, topic:29793”]I think I’ve noticed an observer apologist in this thread finally acknowledging there is a problem.

Arguments that ETSU gets coverage and we don’t are pure sensationalism and not true.

Only a problem for McClatchey employees and stockholders unless you think the Observer’s coverage has been an asset for us. I’m not an Observer apologist but have found it humorous how our fans will marginalize them and say they don’t matter yet the Observer is probably the biggest discussion on NNN.

Here we are before our opening FBS game and look what the primary topic of discussion is.[/quote]

you are the Baghdad Bob of the Observer…

[quote=“LoyalNiner, post:25, topic:29793”][quote=“ninermike, post:24, topic:29793”][quote=“49r9r, post:21, topic:29793”]I think I’ve noticed an observer apologist in this thread finally acknowledging there is a problem.

Arguments that ETSU gets coverage and we don’t are pure sensationalism and not true.[/quote]

Do they normally get more coverage? No. But when I checked the observers college football page last night there were several articles about teams nowhere near the Charlotte market including ETSU. No Charlotte articles to be found.[/quote]

Didn’t you hear? We are supposed to contact the sports editor and beg for the hometown team to get the same coverage as ETSU.

And Mike, if they would ever give us the same coverage other papers give their hometown teams, this topic would not be discussed so much.

We have a retired weatherman who has more interest in thunderstorms than covering us. That is where things are. Not sure how anyone can defend the coverage the O gives us.

This.

i continue to be amazed that there is more than a handful of people on here who even believe that coverage in the observer matters anymore. Its like complaining that your favorite geocities site just isnt giving you the content you need. Can’t we all just sit back and enjoy the last gasping sounds of their death rattle together?

clt asks what is happening to geocities? Lots of good stuff there.

clt provides a pre game column: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/scott-fowler/article33584607.html

Doesnt matter to us and the generation after us, but there are still a lot of older alums that get their information from them.

Doesnt matter to us and the generation after us, but there are still a lot of older alums that get their information from them.[/quote]

I would also add that it possibly affects casual or potential fans that aren’t going to go searching for the info.

…I’m not an Observer apologist[/quote]

I admit. That was a good one. Quite humorous and it gave me a chuckle.

Look! New GameDay content from the O. One click gives them about $.015 in ad revenue. Not clicking furthers their demise. Choose wisely.

[quote=“ninermike, post:35, topic:29793”]Look! New GameDay content from the O. One click gives them about $.015 in ad revenue. Not clicking furthers their demise. Choose wisely.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/college/football/article33750417.html[/quote]

55% chance of rain tomorrow Charlotte kicks off football season on the road Friday at Georgia State. high in the upper 80s

fixed :slight_smile:

[quote=“ninermike, post:35, topic:29793”]Look! New GameDay content from the O. One click gives them about $.015 in ad revenue. Not clicking furthers their demise. Choose wisely.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/college/football/article33750417.html[/quote]

That was breathtaking…

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:37, topic:29793”][quote=“ninermike, post:35, topic:29793”]Look! New GameDay content from the O. One click gives them about $.015 in ad revenue. Not clicking furthers their demise. Choose wisely.

That was breathtaking…[/quote]
Hey, copying and pasting press realeases is a tough job, man :stuck_out_tongue:

clt says our beat reporter is a joke: http://georgiastate.247sports.com/Article/Talking-Charlotte-Football-With-Steve-Lyttle-39102400

[quote=“emf, post:38, topic:29793”][quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:37, topic:29793”][quote=“ninermike, post:35, topic:29793”]Look! New GameDay content from the O. One click gives them about $.015 in ad revenue. Not clicking furthers their demise. Choose wisely.

That was breathtaking…[/quote]
Hey, copying and pasting press realeases is a tough job, man :p[/quote]
Ctrl+C, Ctrl+P

Good grief.