Is the Price Right?

I have noticed this offseason that with the exception of only a couple posters that the fanbase seems to have full faith in Price. I believe this is due to the excellent development of his players and ending the season on a strong note and seeing how great our guard play will be for the next ~3 years. It’s similar to Panthers fans and trusting in whatever Dave Gettleman does no matter how controversial (#89).

I just wanted to take a fun poll, and by faith I mean trusting that he has us on the right path to be back dancing in the next 3 years or so.

[quote=“JB, post:1, topic:30270”]I have noticed this offseason that with the exception of only a couple posters that the fanbase seems to have full faith in Price. I believe this is due to the excellent development of his players and ending the season on a strong note and seeing how great our guard play will be for the next ~3 years. It’s similar to Panthers fans and trusting in whatever Dave Gettleman does no matter how controversial (#89).

I just wanted to take a fun poll, and by faith I mean trusting that he has us on the right path to be back dancing in the next 3 years or so.[/quote]

I expect to be dancing in the next 1 to 2 years.

We aren’t going to go and get someone better than price.

I’m tired of not going to the NCAAs. Price has the “it” factor. I hope we are rallying around him and making sure he has what he needs to succeed.

I went 60-79%. He started bare. We need some more pieces. Our last coach brought in some talent and couldn’t win so I need to see more.

Given our current predicament we needed to make a splash and we did with Price. When he was hired, I had no idea if he could coach or recruit, but he did a decent job rounding out a roster in a short period of time. Early in the season I wasn’t overly confident, but once his system was established and he tightened up his rotation, the team played pretty well and showed improvements where I think he can indeed coach. Right now my concern is replacing Joe and improved defensive play.

One thing that I thought was a very good move early on is not giving in to the players who wanted to transfer. Many new coaches will placate to the demands of the returning players and that can sometimes set back the coaches ability to coach the team. I think Price knew he needed 100% buy in to his terms, and if the players weren’t on board he was happy to let them leave.

The Price is still right.

[quote=“Charlotte2002, post:5, topic:30270”]Given our current predicament we needed to make a splash and we did with Price. When he was hired, I had no idea if he could coach or recruit, but he did a decent job rounding out a roster in a short period of time. Early in the season I wasn’t overly confident, but once his system was established and he tightened up his rotation, the team played pretty well and showed improvements where I think he can indeed coach. Right now my concern is replacing Joe and improved defensive play.

One thing that I thought was a very good move early on is not giving in to the players who wanted to
[font=Verdana][size=78%]transfer. Many new coaches will placate to the demands of the returning players and that can sometimes set back the coaches ability to coach the team. I think Price knew he needed 100% buy in to his terms, and if the players weren’t on board he was happy to let them leave.[/size][/font][/quote]

mark price is no dummy. nor is he without seasoned advisors! he is/will be just fine and dandy!
wait and see.

I’m buying Price… Yesterday I broke my vow to not donate till JR was gone.