Ish Smith and Doneal Mack

Were they both at the game? I saw one guy(Ish?) sitttng beside D. Alexander on the baseline.

Both guys were there and we couldn’t have provided a better atmosphere/outcome. Hopefully we made a lasting impression today with these kids.

I saw both of them with Moxley after the game. They had a great one to see, perhaps that will sway them to Niner Nation.

[i]Originally posted by pcon[/i]@Feb 5 2005, 07:46 PM [b] Were they both at the game? I saw one guy(Ish?) sitttng beside D. Alexander on the baseline. [/b]
I think they were sitting on like the 3rd row behind our team bench (Smith in black, Mack in white). Both would fit perfectly in our system.

Mack is a 6-5 shooting guard who can really light it up. YOU THINK HE HAD VISIONS OF HIM OUT THERE BOMBING LIKE PLAVICH??? AGAIN, like Plavich said, if you are a GREAT shooter, you come to Charlotte.

Smith is a speedy PG that can handle the ball, distribute and score.

Both are ranked among the top Juniors in the state.

Mack sounds like a good one.

Didn’t some other 49er greats come from Independance, Dinkins or Jobey ?

[i]Originally posted by amnesiac[/i]@Feb 6 2005, 11:03 AM [b] Mack sounds like a good one.

Didn’t some other 49er greats come from Independance, Dinkins or Jobey ? [/b]

According to Rivals.com (Feb 4th), we officially offered Mack last week. That’s his first offer, although he’s getting major interest from ACC, SEC, and Big East schools.

Jobey went to Independence of course. So did Andre Davis who was with us in the ealy 90’s.

I think Dinkins was an East Meck grad.

Obviously, we want both these guys badly but Ish is Lutz’s boy. He’s probably more drawn to Ish than any recruit we’ve had in the past and it would be a big loss for him/us if we can’t reel him in. It would KILL Bobby to lose Ish to another school, especially if he jumps to the ACC.

Just hope that Wake doesn’t stash him away at a Florida prep school. That would be bad news for us.