Iti Article in the new ESPN Mag

JJ’s article is on page 102. Iti got his picture in the contents section, as well as the article. Basic jist of the article is that Martin tested the draft waters, found out what he needed to work on, then spent the summer on the tourney tour. Rumors started to appear about his leaving school, and when he heard them he called coach to tell him he was staying. Iti calls rumors “crazy.” End of article talks about lineup with Iti, Curt, Plav, and Eddie, as well as recruits making a formidible lineup.

[i]Originally posted by Smoothieking[/i]@Sep 17 2004, 12:50 PM [b] JJ's article is on page 102. Iti got his picture in the contents section, as well as the article. Basic jist of the article is that Martin tested the draft waters, found out what he needed to work on, then spent the summer on the tourney tour. Rumors started to appear about his leaving school, and when he heard them he called coach to tell him he was staying. Iti calls rumors "crazy." End of article talks about lineup with Iti, Curt, Plav, and Eddie, as well as recruits making a formidible lineup. [/b]
Cool. What does tourney tour mean?
[i]Originally posted by LeftyNiner[/i]@Sep 17 2004, 01:52 PM [b] Cool. What does tourney tour mean? [/b]
I don't know exactly. The article reads, "And so, after letting Lutz know he'd be back at school, Iti hit the summer tournament trail, making a pit stop at Mesa (Ariz.) Community College for some hands-on training from ex-pro Alton Lister."

That JC rumor was so bad, it never made any sense, the guy just wanted to train with a retired NBA center, nothing wrong with that.

[i]Originally posted by amnesiac[/i]@Sep 17 2004, 04:38 PM [b]That JC rumor was so bad, it never made any sense, the guy just wanted to train with a retired NBA center, nothing wrong with that.[/b]
Yea, it even spread to the guys on our team. Someone was talking to CJ Pigford at the SAC sometime around when it happened and CJ was saying how Iti transferred to some school in Arizona....lack of communication on everybody's part I guess.

But it’s always good to see any Niner news in a national mag, and Iti got a picture! pretty good JJ.

Glad you guys got a chance to pick it up.

Hope the NinerNation crew enjoyed the shout out.

Thanks again guys,

-Jason