Iti withdraws

From Charlotte Observer:

49ers’ Iti withdraws from NBA draft

I edited it and put in the link instead… -Mac

Way to wait until the last minute! I’m glad that he’s coming back for the team’s sake, but I’m definitely not going to be a part of any Welcome Wagon!

I agree with ChalotteAlum, this kid is an idiot. I’m not welcoming him back with open arms a all. I fact I despise this guy right now. He must be eliminated!! Deploy the sentinals now!!! :fastgun:

This will be good two fold…he need a year (or more) to mature…into that 9 pt. avg…go figure…and secondly, we will have those 5 fouls per game to waste in the first half.

Actually, I think hopefully he has grown this summer ( in many ways), and this can help all parties involved.

Damn what a headache!

I know I was leading the “F–K ITI” thread yesterday, but I’m glad he made the right decision, for his sake and ours. I’m still pissed at him, though - when you get owned by Squeaky Johnson, what makes you think you can “go up against anyone”? Moron.

Charlotte.com says that Iti has withdrawn from the NBA draft.

The school website says Iti has withdrawn from the NBA draft.

I have seen nothing that quotes a reliable school representative or Iti himself saying that Iti will be back for the 04-05 season.

Sure, Coach Lutz implied it by his new recruit reference. But I’d be more impressed if Iti would stand up and say I’m coming back to Charlotte for another season of basketball.

If this is in the pay portion of ninerreport.com, just tell me its there. I shouldn’t have to pay to hear this statement.

[b]I have seen nothing that quotes a reliable school representative or Iti himself saying that Iti will be back for the 04-05 season.[/b]

If it’s on the school website, it’s official. Period.

Ok, he’s not in the NBA draft…but I talked to somebody who knows some of the players on the team and he said Iti would be going to Europe. Anybody know if this is an option for him right now or just BS? The article on our website says nothing about him returning to school, just that he withdrew from the draft and i can’t find a mention of it on any of the big sports websites…basically all i’m saying is that I have not read anywhere something that says Iti will play for us next year…is it 100% that he will wear a niners jersey?

and i know most people are/were mad at him, but the bottom line is that he made the correct choice(assuming he will play for us next year). put it behind us and look forward to what could be a very special year for 49er basketball(4 returning starters + improved bench from the CUSA co-champs, look out next year!)

Look at it this way: If he was going to Europe, why would he withdraw from the draft? Why would you eliminate the slim chance you might get drafted in the 2nd round and have the opportunity to play your way onto a team.

Players only withdraw to preserve their college eligibility. That is the single and sole purpose of withdrawing from the draft.

[i]Originally posted by NinerLoudNProud[/i]@Jun 17 2004, 06:20 PM [b]Look at it this way: If he was going to Europe, why would he withdraw from the draft? Why would you eliminate the slim chance you might get drafted in the 2nd round and have the opportunity to play your way onto a team.

Players only withdraw to preserve their college eligibility. That is the single and sole purpose of withdrawing from the draft.[/b]

Can’t only enter into one NBA draft in your life? So he could withdraw, go play for money for 2 or 3 years and then declare again…if he stayed in he wouldn’t be able to declare again later after going undrafted and if he ever did become NBA ready, he would have to sign a FA contract which is much less than a draft contract…not trying to be negative, i just want to get a firm answer for this. I am thinking that he will be back b/c of Lutz’s quote in the article on the Observer website(he sounded positive, he wouldn’t be happy if Iti withdrew only to play overseas…).

i just want someone to say that it is for sure he will be playing for us next year, i don’t mean to drag on about this, but we have the 49er luck when it comes to guys wanting to play for us…

Good point about that Butter. Didn’t think of it that way. Still, that he called Lutz speaks volumes. Would he have done that if he was merely withdrawing to focus on Europe?

[i]Originally posted by NinerLoudNProud[/i]@Jun 17 2004, 06:57 PM [b]Good point about that Butter. Didn't think of it that way. Still, that he called Lutz speaks volumes. Would he have done that if he was merely withdrawing to focus on Europe?[/b]
Exactly, that is why I am optimistic about this. But I still never read, specifically, that Iti will return to school only that he withdrawls from draft, all other articles about other players withdrawling state exactly what they are doing("Bob Smith withdrawls and will return to Washington" or "John Doe withdrawls and will transfer from Auburn")......i think you see my point/concern, but I am optimistic that he will be with us next year, it would just be nice to get that final, official word, you know?

didn’t Jason Jordan confirm that with Bobby Lutz this afternoon?

[i]Originally posted by LutzFan[/i]@Jun 17 2004, 08:27 PM [b]didn't [url=http://www.ninernation.net/index.php?showtopic=69]Jason Jordan[/url] confirm that with Bobby Lutz this afternoon?[/b]
apparently he did! thank you for that post, I obviously missed Jason Jordan's post earlier. thanks again!

now that it’s official, glad to see Iti back as a Niner, it helps Withers more than anybody. It will be interesting to see the reaction he gets at Midnight Madness and the first home game. Most people here already wrote him off as an idiot and said we may even be better without him(not pointing fingers, cause i was doing the same thing), but in the end he made the right decision. Is everyone going to still be mad at him? As I wonder this, I realize that only about 1/10th of the crowd at any given home game will realize that Iti ever even declared for the draft… oh well, it’s official now, our lineup is set, so lets start getting excited about the 04-05 season!

[i]Originally posted by Butter49er+Jun 17 2004, 09:50 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (Butter49er @ Jun 17 2004, 09:50 PM)
[i]Originally posted by LutzFan[/i]@Jun 17 2004, 08:27 PM [b] didn't [url=http://www.ninernation.net/index.php?showtopic=69]Jason Jordan[/url] confirm that with Bobby Lutz this afternoon? [/b]
Mr. Jordan

Take an attaboy out of petty cash. :slight_smile: You captured the statement that was missing from the other releases.