Iti's limited playing time

Just wondering if anyone knew why Iti only played 5 mins. last night? I know we have probably beat this horse a little too much, but hasn’t he stepped backwards after looking like he would move forwards this season. Oh well, maybe he just wasn’t feeling good.

I think it was that horrible shot and the silly foul after it that got him on the bench the rest of the night…plus Lutz is probably still frustrated after he fouled out of the Saint Louis game with 0 points!!! We were definitely better off without him last night…

Coach said he almost started EJ instead of Iti… said he thought EJ matched up better against DePaul. I guess Iti didn’t help his case much with his poor play in the first 5 minutes… Coach said he expects Iti to bounce back and get a lot of minutes at Tulane.

We’re not going deep in the tourn unless Iti gives us some solid minutes. Withers and Nance will foul out every game playing that many mins. I was glad to hear Lutz say we need to get Iti pumped back up and he’ll be used vs Tulans.

Even though Martin sat the whole 2nd half I noticed a couple of times that he was watching the game intently and didn’t appear to be sulking. Also, after the game when they lined up to shake hands he had a huge grin on his face about the win. I think the kid has more character than we give him credit for sometimes. I think he is enjoying college and being on this team. Hopefully he is seeing that he needs improvement and will stick around.

[i]Originally posted by NinerAl[/i]@Feb 17 2005, 08:39 AM [b] Even though Martin sat the whole 2nd half I noticed a couple of times that he was watching the game intently and didn't appear to be sulking. Also, after the game when they lined up to shake hands he had a huge grin on his face about the win. I think the kid has more character than we give him credit for sometimes. I think he is enjoying college and being on this team. Hopefully he is seeing that he needs improvement and will stick around. [/b]
I agree with you Al, he seems to be a team player. In my opinion, he's a victim of someone trying to get some $$$ off of him down the road. If he was free of that, he'd be here 4 years improving every year...
[i]Originally posted by NinerMac+Feb 17 2005, 08:53 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (NinerMac @ Feb 17 2005, 08:53 AM)

As others have mentioned, Lutz commented several times in the post game that the matchups just didn’t favor Iti tonight. I also feel that if he doesn’t get involved early (rebounds, assists, dunks) he won’t be much good the last 30 mins of a game.

I do think we need him and need him to play well the rest of the season. When he can make a high-low pass to Withers/Nance, or when he gets in position to be open for a dunk, we’re just all the more dangerous.

I agree he was highly overrated and basically stinks most of the time, but the kid hasn’t even been playing bball all that long, has he? He needs all 4 years and he could be good.

Also, liked this comment from the Depaul board:
"On a side note - not a whole lot of PT for Iti tonight. Every time I think about him declaring for the draft last year I chuckle to myself. "

[i]Originally posted by DownwithNBA[/i]@Feb 17 2005, 08:01 AM [b] Just wondering if anyone knew why Iti only played 5 mins. last night? I know we have probably beat this horse a little too much, but hasn't he stepped backwards after looking like he would move forwards this season. Oh well, maybe he just wasn't feeling good. [/b]
Ahh he sucks ass. I call him Martin Shiti! Chis Nance is way better than Shiti ever will be. Long live Nance!!
[b] Just wondering if anyone knew why Iti only played 5 mins. last night?[/b]

I’m pretty sure it’s cause he sucks real bad. Cool hair though.

Martin must fare better against Tulane. We need him to. Quincy Davis, their leading scorer, is a 6’9 F/C who shoots .693 from the field.

Iti did not play well the last time we played them.

[i]Originally posted by NinerAdvocate[/i]@Feb 17 2005, 12:56 PM [b] Iti did not play well the [url=http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/boxscore?gid=200403100395]last time we played them.[/url] [/b]
But we played Tulane just a week before that at Halton, and Iti posted his career high.. I believe 16 points.