Iti's transferring

Guys his size are coveted and tough to come by but Iā€™d by lying if I said I was going to lose sleep over this. Hope he does well wherever he ends up but I just donā€™t consider this a big loss for us. I just donā€™t care for another ā€œblack eyeā€ on the program which is what I consider thisā€¦when a player transfers as a result of not being happy.

this is ridiculous how some of u are celebrating him leaving. we just lost a 7-0 guy with potential. he wasent a cancer to the team so at worst hes another body to take pressure off curtis and make nance more effective when they come in. im extremely dissapointed that hes leaving.

I fail to see how this is an occasion to celebrate. While Iti has been a huge disappointment who knows where his game would be by the time he is a senior.
Who is the last 4 year center we have had? I believe itā€™s Alex Kuehl. Since then weā€™ve only had jucos. Weā€™ve had several potential 4 year big men leave (Neely, Whitehead, Helliwell, Kane) . Certainly Iti leaving doesnā€™t look good for any big men looking to go somewhere.
Guess we have the future to be known as UNC-JUCO

Iā€™m neither :smiley: nor :frowning: about the announcement. I think it was I didnā€™t want to happen, but fully expected it to anyway. IMO his decision last season to tell the program and the world he thought he was ready for the NBA, when 99% of people who had seen him play knew otherwise, kinda left a sour taste in the mouths of some fans. Combined with his slow progression, and looneybin ā€œhandlersā€ā€¦ was too much. IF (and that is a monstrously big IF), he was to stay here for 2 more years, and over this summer and the following had dedicated himself to his game, and the program, I have no doubt that his Sr. year he could have been great. That said I also want to be a chinese airline pilot. Iā€™m not sure which had the greater chance of actually happening.

Its neither addition by subtraction, nor the loss of a starā€¦ its justā€¦ wellā€¦ Tuesday.

Alex Kuehl was a juco. Palm Beach Community College.

who are we getting to fill the last scholarship spot now on the team?

antwon coleman will average 28 rebounds per game at the 5

It wonā€™t matter unless we play defense next year but then again thatā€™s another storyā€¦hehe

we wonā€™t have a problem with defense next year considering we finally got a big man coach again. So the lack of offense and defense from the 4/5 spot will no longer be a problem

Sounds like the starting line-up is about set for next year, they must of told Iti;

PF Withers
F Drayton
SF Alexander
2G Goldwire
PG Baldwin

I hope Alexander can rebound. We now see why Coach was having them do rebound drills in the spring. Withers will have a huge year next year on the boards.

Iti was the starting center on two NCAA teams, I think we could of used him for 2 more years. The other option is back-up center by committee, I hope one of the new guys can contribute as the season progresses.

Well, I donā€™t think anyone is surprised by thisā€¦ probably not too many people upset about it either. It just seemed to me like Iti doesnā€™t have passion for the gameā€¦ he doesnā€™t hustle. He was an occasional presence with his shot blocking ability, but there were plenty more times he got burned. He brought absolutley nothing offensivleyā€¦ less than 50% FTs and only about 85% on dunks. To me, he seemed to regress over the course of this past yearā€¦ Not a big loss in my opinion, but I do wish him luck wherever he ends up.

So who are we going to make fun of now?

When you guys say ā€œhe could have been pretty goodā€, what kind of numbers are you talking? 11 pts., 7 boards? That would be his max potential.

Iā€™d like to see his blocks per game numbers without the Southern Missā€™s and NC A&T style games. I donā€™t remember Ellis Myles or Jason Maxiell sweating that spaz down in the paint.

This guy had the golden egg and he dropped it. Iā€™m so happy he screamed at Lutz that game this year, or else maybe he would have started another two years.

[i]Originally posted by mineshaft[/i]@May 3 2005, 07:23 PM [b] Who is the last 4 year center we have had? [/b]
Jermain Parker was the last 4-year center the 49ers had, in Jeff Mullins' final season, 1994-95. He redshirted the first season in Charlotte. Watkins nor Lutz have a 4-year center, Mullins had 1 in 10 seasons.

Then again, since the Final Four season, here are the centers who were in Charlotte 4 seasonsā€¦
1977-81 Roland VanDenBergh
1981-85 Leroy Smith
1983-87 Ray Gromlowicz
1988-92 Jack Bolly

goldwire will never play 2guard btw

Martin was not a bad kid. He has a horrible situation in that his ā€œguardianā€ plays him like a puppet. When you have supported someone for about seven years, it buys you some influence in a personā€™s life. Enough said there.

Anyway, I doubt this was Martinā€™s decision. Rosegreen is an opportunistic con man. He has never had Martinā€™s best interest at heart and will now try to move on and make a buck off him at his next destination. He probably knows now that Martin will never be the cash cow he envisioned when he ā€œfoundā€ him in Australia, and now will try to get whatever he can and move on to the next unsuspecting kid.

[i]Originally posted by dax[/i]@May 3 2005, 09:32 PM [b] goldwire will never play 2guard btw [/b]
[b]goldwire will never play 2guard btw[/b]

Thatā€™s funny because at one of the last few Lutz Live shows, Bobby said if we can bring in a great point to replace Mitch after next year, Goldwire will move to the two spot because he is not a great point guard.

[i]Originally posted by HP49er[/i]@May 3 2005, 06:48 PM [b] If he does transfer to another school (instead of the Australian League), he could be a real force in 3 years. A program with a good big man coach working with him for a season might do wonders.

[/b]

Sorry HP but Iā€™m gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you there.

Many of the players would tell us off the record that he had absolutely zero heart and work ethic. He would have amounted to nothing here, even if he stayed 10 years and that is why he is leaving without a fight from Bobby.
Lutz gave up on him halfway through the season.

[i]Originally posted by brobrian11[/i]@May 3 2005, 09:00 PM [b] So who are we going to make fun of now? [/b]
We shouldn't HAVE to make fun of ANYBODY. We're a good D-1 school.

I donā€™t think he was a bad kid as someone else said. He did his own thing and never bought into the program. I do think his teammates grew tired of him and is best that heā€™s moving on. Certainly seemed like he had the potential to be a good player. I hope things work out for him, somewhere.