It's time for a change..

We have been through another year of niner basketball. We all have enjoyed getting ranked and for some here it is enough to make the NCAA"s every year. For some that’s enough to call this year a success. As someone who has defended Lutz many times including hard last year after the Texas Tech loss.

It’s time for this program to look in a new direction coaching. I know that it probably won’t happen. We have discussed the finacial aspect of it and how Charlotte can’t do it. The reality is that it’s time for a change and for this school take a new step. I believe Lutz has done all he can do here.

Gee ya thinkk???

I post it because I know there are many here who still want Lutz. I know you agree with me Sf.

I know my apologies I am just sick and tired of the same old sh$% I would rather not go to the dance then get beat like this every year especially the eay we lost this year, JHC

i sure do agree with you. i’ve never cared for lutz style of ball. no defense and run and gun offense doesn’t work very well.

I want Mike Anderson from UAB or someone who will preach defense at least. I’d like a good half court offense coach too.

And I hate to say it, but I’m ready for Judy to go too. Like Lutz, she’s done a lot for us, but it’s over. We need someone who will spend the money to promote our program where it needs to be. I’m tired of hearing about how the Athletic Deprtament is not given any budget to work with.

As much as I agree, it ain’t going to happen unless another program comes after Bobby and he accepts. Niner basketball under the Lutz regime has plateaued. Some people might accept that plateau, but I chose not to.

Lutz has done a great job! How many of you at the begining of the season thought Charlotte was going to win 21 games and go 12 -4 in the conference?

Maybe we just need a bobby gag order rule (not a pun for choking, but come to think of it) If we see that bobby is once again doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result (the definition of insanity) We can substitute oh say, a 7-year old rec league player who would realize that KEEPING A FRESHMAN IN AT POINT GUARD AND FUNNELING THE BALL TO ONLY ONE HEAVILY GUARDED THREE POINT SHOOTER WILL NOT WIN THE GAME. I’m sorry Plavich, I don’t feel we ever ran enough screens for you, in fact it seems we were flying by the seat of our pants the last four games. Bad coaching? How about NO coaching.

[i]Originally posted by 49erdan[/i]@Mar 18 2005, 03:51 PM [b] Lutz has done a great job! How many of you at the begining of the season thought Charlotte was going to win 21 games and go 12 -4 in the conference? [/b]
And of the ones who thought we would, how many would have been excited to know that we would go 0-4 in March?

Its march madness! I don’t care about Feb.

I would really like for someone to explain to me how it is the coach’s fault when a player commits unforced turnovers?

[i]Originally posted by Fifty[/i]@Mar 18 2005, 03:58 PM [b] I would really like for someone to explain to me how it is the coach's fault when a player commits unforced turnovers? [/b]
It's the coach's responsibility to get the team up. If you really think we lose because of Wither's you need help. I am all for holding the players accounatable but the buck stops at the coach. It is Lutz's responsibility to get the team ready. If we didn't lose every year in the first round I would have more faith.
[i]Originally posted by switchfoot+Mar 18 2005, 03:43 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (switchfoot @ Mar 18 2005, 03:43 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Fifty[/i]@Mar 18 2005, 03:58 PM [b] I would really like for someone to explain to me how it is the coach's fault when a player commits unforced turnovers? [/b] It's the coach's responsibility to get the team up. If you really think we lose because of Wither's you need help. I am all for holding the players accounatable but the buck stops at the coach. It is Lutz's responsibility to get the team ready. If we didn't lose every year in the first round I would have more faith. [/b][/quote] I was going to save this for a thread tomorrow when everyone calmed down, but since Fifty brought it up and there was a response...

While some of the onus for this game is on the coach… the majority of it has got to be on the players. Come on. 19 turnovers!!! How many of them were in the 2nd half, and were completely unforced?? Withers bobbling passes, Eddie losing the ball towards the basket, Plav holding the ball after picking up his dribble instead of passing it, weak passes, Mitch dribbling off his foot, I could go on and on. I counted 3 TO’s in the 2nd that State actually forced… the rest were just dumb mistakes.

We shot ourselves in both feet in the 2nd half. Even with Bennerman rubbing Plav to death in the 2nd, we still could/should have won if we protected the basketball. If you take half those TO’s in the 2nd half, and turn them into baskets, we are right in the game even without Plav.

No team can win in the tourney with that many turnovers.

That is why we lost. Coach will probably get, and take alot of the criticism for this game, but the players deserve most of it. Sloppy bball doesn’t get it done.

[i]Originally posted by 49erdan[/i]@Mar 18 2005, 02:51 PM [b] Lutz has done a great job! How many of you at the begining of the season thought Charlotte was going to win 21 games and go 12 -4 in the conference? [/b]
I didn't. I thought we would do BETTER.
  1. Easier schedule

2. Returned 4 awesome starters

One less loss than last year is not improvement. Given 1 more game, we probably would have lost it too.

Great start, disgusting finish.

[i]Originally posted by 49erdan[/i]@Mar 18 2005, 03:51 PM [b] Lutz has done a great job! How many of you at the begining of the season thought Charlotte was going to win 21 games and go 12 -4 in the conference? [/b]
well i did for sure afterall we did it last year too. I thought we had more talent this year than we ever did. We had a good game plan, but made terrible adjusments, lutz is a great recruiter, is great at game planning, bu can't coach during the game.
[i]Originally posted by Anborn[/i]@Mar 18 2005, 03:49 PM [b] Come on. 18 turnovers?!?! How many of them were in the 2nd half, and were completely unforced?? Withers bobbling passes, Eddie losing the ball towards the basket, Plav holding the ball after picking up his dribble instead of passing it, weak passes, Mitch dribbling off his foot, I could go on and on. I counted 3 TO's in the 2nd that State actually forced.... the rest were just dumb mistakes.

We shot ourselves in both feet in the 2nd half. Even with Bennerman rubbing Plav to death in the 2nd, we still could/should have won if we protected the basketball.
No team can win in the tourney with that many turnovers.

[/b]

This is why we lost.