ITunes Question

Hoping someone can figure what I am doing wrong…I’m not the most tech savy person around.

Basically I have ITunes installed and it has been installed on my laptop for awhile.

Today the upgrade memo flashed and I decided to upgrade to version 8.0.2.

The installation went fine and I restarted the laptop and now I when I click on ITunes nothing happens. It seems like it is trying to work but then nothing ever pops up.

I shut down the laptop again and still nothing happening. I though maybe by plugging in my ipod it would trigger it but still nothing. I also put in a CD to try to trigger it but no luck.

If anyone knows anything I am doing wrong please let me know.

Thank you!!

Try an uninstall and then reinstall.

Try an uninstall and then reinstall.

Just what I was about say.

-Also make sure the installation went well (I.E. Make sure it’s listed on your computer.) You can do that by going in “My computer” then “Local Disk” (or C Drive) then “Program Files” and find iTunes, and check to make sure it’s still one your computer.

I forgot to mention the first time I tried to open it the agreement came up and I clicked “Accept Terms”.

Then of course nothing happened. I will try to uninstall and reinstall

Thanks for the quick response!!

Ok…

I uninstalled the old Itunes and downloaded it again from the apple website.

The install went great and when I tried to launch it again…it still isn’t launching.

Thoughts?

you running xp or vista?

hit ctrl-alt-del and open the task manager

go to processes and see if itunes.exe or ituneshelper.exe are open and how much “CPU” they are using.

[QUOTE=shagg49er;389627]you running xp or vista?

hit ctrl-alt-del and open the task manager

go to processes and see if itunes.exe or ituneshelper.exe are open and how much “CPU” they are using.[/QUOTE]

I am running Vista and it says it is running 00 CPU

were both processes running or just the one?

I am running Vista and it says it is running 00 CPU

Don’t want to sound mean, but that’s probably your problem. Have you updated your Vista with all advised updates? Go to the updater and see not just the required updates, but also the optional updates. I remember that Apple has been advising in their tech support that there has been a few patches for Vista b/c of different compatibility problems.

Also, what SP of Vista are you running?

[URL=http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html]Use Revo installer to uninstall iTunes[/URL]

then…

[URL=http://www.ccleaner.com/download]run ccleaner (the registry cleaning part)[/URL]

restart your computer

reinstall

Thanks for the help guys, I will try this tonight

[QUOTE=shagg49er;389634][URL=http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html]Use Revo installer to uninstall iTunes[/URL]

then…

[URL=http://www.ccleaner.com/download]run ccleaner (the registry cleaning part)[/URL]

restart your computer

reinstall[/QUOTE]

:clap:

Thank you so much man! That worked to a T! Awesome job

Ok so ITunes was working great yesterday after I did the fix.

Now today after I started up my laptop again, it will not open again!!!

I looked on the Task Manager and at the Processes tab and it said that Itunes.exe and Ituneshelper.exe were taking up 00 CPU.

Any other suggestions??

Ok so ITunes was working great yesterday after I did the fix.

Now today after I started up my laptop again, it will not open again!!!

I looked on the Task Manager and at the Processes tab and it said that Itunes.exe and Ituneshelper.exe were taking up 00 CPU.

Any other suggestions??

Were you able to open it again. Or did you start it once, it ran, then tried to start it again, and it crapped out?

I have the same problem. The computer tech support told me to talk to itunes, who told me to talk to the computer company. Then told me to call itunes again, who told me to try microsoft. turns out my usb drive wouldnt recognize my ipod (and later I found out it would recognize any kind of flash drive). So they told me to download this ‘hotfix’ which didnt do ****. So maybe thats your problem too.

[QUOTE=cakewalk5;389857]Were you able to open it again. Or did you start it once, it ran, then tried to start it again, and it crapped out?[/QUOTE]

I was not able to open it again. After that first time it hasn’t opened since

[QUOTE=Gill2003;389869]I have the same problem. The computer tech support told me to talk to itunes, who told me to talk to the computer company. Then told me to call itunes again, who told me to try microsoft. turns out my usb drive wouldnt recognize my ipod (and later I found out it would recognize any kind of flash drive). So they told me to download this ‘hotfix’ which didnt do ****. So maybe thats your problem too.[/QUOTE]

So did you ever find a fix for the problem? Or is it the same for you?

create a new user and see if itunes opens for you in the new user.

Oh, nah it never fixed.

Maybe some of the people in this thread can help me with a stupid Vista issue that I’m having. The links to my recently accessed programs worked for a little while and then magically stopped working the other day. So in order to access say iTunes, I have to go to all programs.

Vista is an awful OS.