IU game canceled!!!!

Thats about all I know… Bummer.

huh? where did you hear that?

This from Indiana peegs.com forum:

Blackstone
user profile
Post #1221 If Charlotte is already in Bloomington, the game won’t be canceled… Reply

An audience is not a prerequisite to have an NCAA basketball game. If both teams are already there, and only the foot trafic crowd, snowshoers, and cross country skiiers come to attend, the game will still go on as schedualed.

Posted on 12/22 9:04 AM | IP: 64.12.116.74

I was travelling with the team and they called me on the way to the airport…Big time Bummer.

Noooooooooooo!

The bars will hate this news! :rolleyes:

[i]Originally posted by JKniner[/i]@Dec 22 2004, 09:48 AM [b] I was travelling with the team and they called me on the way to the airport....Big time Bummer. [/b]
Who called you? Can anyone confirm this? I don't see anything definitive on the IU board.

[i]Originally posted by JKniner[/i]@Dec 22 2004, 09:48 AM [b] I was travelling with the team and they called me on the way to the airport....Big time Bummer. [/b]
CLARIFICATION: The 49er Club trip was canceled. The team is already there.

GAME ON!!! Crank back up the PARTY…

Unless, there’s a problem with refs or staff not being able to get in.

I was half way down 77 with my two sons and they called me bout 9 oclock. I called JimmyHat to see if he knew anything about a makeup date. I called the ath. dept. when I got back in and they told me that the roads from
Indianapolis and Bloomington might get closed tonight if the snow was bad. I asked about a makeup date and they said they had no idea.

[i]Originally posted by LeftyNiner[/i]@Dec 22 2004, 09:59 AM [b] The team is already there.

[/b]

That makes more sense.

Even if we were trying to save some $$, I can’t believe the team would travel to ANY game on the morning of the game…much less to Indiana in December.

So what is the word??

Team already in Indiana? If so, will game continue?

49er Club not traveling?

IU folks are saying that the problem will be with officials, TV crew, etc. getting over to the game. Even if the team is there, other problems could exist to keep this game on hold. No telling but I hope they get it done tonight.

[b]Indiana Athletics
December 22, 2004
Jason Marsteller - (812) 856-0145

BASKETBALL DOUBLEHEADER STILL ON FOR TONIGHT

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. - Despite the inclement weather in Bloomington and the surrounding areas, the Indiana basketball doubleheader for tonight (Dec. 22) will be played as scheduled. Should there be any changes, a media advisory will be distributed and posted on iuhoosiers.com.[/b]

They may not get out tomorrow though. The Bloomington forecast is not good, from the National Weather Service…

[SIZE=2]Today: Periods of snow. High around 25. North northeast wind between 8 and 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
Tonight: Periods of snow with widespread blowing snow. Low around 17. Blustery, with a north northeast wind between 16 and 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.[/b]
Thursday: Widespread blowing snow and a chance of snow before noon, then widespread blowing snow after noon. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly sunny, with a high around 21. Blustery, with a northwest wind between 16 and 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

[b]WINTER STORM WARNING
URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE INDIANAPOLIS IN
946 AM EST WED DEC 22 2004

INZ039-040-047-048-053>056-060>063-222100-BROWN-GREENE-HAMILTON-HANCOCK-JOHNSON-MADISON-MARION-MONROE-MORGAN-OWEN-SHELBY-SULLIVAN-INCLUDING THE CITIES OF…ANDERSON…BLOOMINGTON… INDIANAPOLIS AND SHELBYVILLE

…WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM EST THURSDAY…

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN INDIANAPOLIS IN HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WARNING.

EXPECT 2 TO 5 INCHES OF SNOW BY LATE THIS AFTERNOON AND 6 TO 11 INCHES BY THURSDAY AFTERNOON.[/b][/SIZE]

Yaaaaaay!

And maybe the weather will put a huge damper on attendance, hurting the homecourt advantage. With how bad they’ve been playing, not sure there would have been much of one anyway. :stuck_out_tongue:

[i]Originally posted by jcl49er[/i]@Dec 22 2004, 10:05 AM [b] IU folks are saying that the problem will be with officials, TV crew, etc. getting over to the game. Even if the team is there, other problems could exist to keep this game on hold. No telling but I hope they get it done tonight. [/b]
Now, let's root for the TV crew to get there. If nothing else fails, we'll have Swierad on the bat phone line. :D

lets keep an update on the television crew… i gotta make an hour drive to a bar…

Game= GO
TV CREW = GO
FANS = NO GO

:smiley:

This game better happen…or else!! Deploy the sentinals… :ph34r: