James Davis - 2006

I’m of the same mindset as Max. He only averages 11 in Juco? He won’t average 5 in D1. We need someone who can run the court and take up some space. Plus this kid sounds like trouble. We need to start buidling a better reputation. With everything going down at Mizzou and the Charlotte connections (Lane and Melvin), I would rather us take the lesser player if it meant no trouble.

[QUOTE=49erFan1;154649]I’m of the same mindset as Max. He only averages 11 in Juco? He won’t average 5 in D1. We need someone who can run the court and take up some space. Plus this kid sounds like trouble. We need to start buidling a better reputation. With everything going down at Mizzou and the Charlotte connections (Lane and Melvin), I would rather us take the lesser player if it meant no trouble.[/QUOTE]

He’s averaging 21 points per game and 12 rebounds per game this year. The 11 was as a freshman.

Pretty much everyone wants him.

http://charlotte.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=516637

I’d put our odds of landing him at very low.

This guy is a chemistry killer.

05/03/06

He committed to and signed with Lamar (his only offer). Also interested but didn’t offer were Oklahoma, Charlotte, Gonzago, Minnesota.

Wow. Just, wow. People were thinking he should go straight to the league initially.

I was incredibly shocked as well, especially everything I’ve read about him. It seems the guy has a ton of talent, but there must be other reasons not public (grades, other) that may have kept the bigger schools away.

[QUOTE=the daxified one;154634]he didn’t play with them illegally doesn’t he have a hunting licsense?[/QUOTE]

Actually, I believe it was reported that he did not have the proper permits to go hunting that day, but they didn’t press charges. I don’t think the lack of charges had to do as much with him having VP privilege as it was that the sherriff just wasn’t into prosecuting people for failing to get a $5 permit.

Anyway, We could use a big guy, but I guess its not meant to be.