January 12, 2005

We remember what happened the last time you were in our house and now it’s going to be payback! We beat you pretty bad in the 2003 CUSA tourney, beat you on your home floor, and then beat you again in the 2004 CUSA tourney but now we must get revenge on our court.

UAB WILL GET ITS 4TH STRAIGHT WIN VS THE UNCC 49ERS!! IT’S TIME TO MEET YOUR MAKER YOU BUNCH OF PANSIES!!

Jesus H. Christ, I thought I swatted you with my newspaper this morning.

I fully expect little ol’ UNC-C to ruin your s–t all over Birmingham on January 12th. See you then.

Oh, and you never did tell me if you wanted my soon-to-be-useless C-USA sweatshirt. It’s pretty nice.

Maybe Alabama-Birmingham can stay afloat off massive subsidies (translation: no real support), but their ship will sink when The Man Show (Withers) comes to town. Has a program ever accomplished so much with no one paying attention?? Good luck in C-USA-lite next year.

BTW, think you can break that bowl appearance tie you have with every other school in the country without football??

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

We faced Withers twice last year and won both games. Why should we be worried about him this year?

Nobody paid attention to what we did last year? Hmm…being on the cover of SportsIllustrated, having 5 national TV games scheduled for this season, and having other schools come after our coach isn’t being noticed?

[i]Originally posted by UABHecklerIsBack[/i]@Aug 31 2004, 12:21 PM [b] We faced Withers twice last year and won both games. Why should we be worried about him this year? [/b]
Um, because Mo Finley and Gabe Kennedy are gone? Withers tore your a$$es up last year in Charlotte in a losing effort. Everyone should be VERY scared of him.

Success in the previous year means jack crap. Just ask Marquette.

[i]Originally posted by UABHecklerIsBack[/i]@Aug 31 2004, 12:21 PM [b] We faced Withers twice last year and won both games. Why should we be worried about him this year?

Nobody paid attention to what we did last year? Hmm…being on the cover of SportsIllustrated, having 5 national TV games scheduled for this season, and having other schools come after our coach isn’t being noticed? [/b]

Yep. No one paid attention. Alabama got the cover, you guys got the corner (similar to ESPN the Magazine a few years ago). As far as your national TV appearances – word is ESPN was rewarding the state of Alabama for finally getting cable. Seems they have been saving your appearances up for all of these years, pending the takedown of all of the antennas attached to the outhouses. AND EXACTLY WHO came after your coach??? Never saw one school do anything other than mention him, and that one school eliminated him because he had such a crummy interview. Nolan was spinning better than Don King for his boy CMA to get another job…but turns out Mo Findley and Sidney Ball were the REAL brains behind the team.

Just for kicks, I called the UA-B ticket office today to see what seats were available for the Baylor game. Turns out I can still get 40 yard line seats on either side of the field. Better get there early boys!!! At this rate, the UA-B / Baylor game will sell out by the time Cincinnati wins their first Big East football title!